Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Buff Sybaris Prime

(PSN)SentientSickness

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

don't need the crits as much tho. that status chance drastically makes it more powerful.

my crit built dex(argon, then a riven) took 5 mags to kill a 110 CHG. my sybaris prime with the riven and a hybrid build? 1.5 mags.

the sybaris prime is just simply that, several leagues more powerful than the dex.

Several leagues would imply at least 2-3x more powerul, right? Then, pray tell how much faster does it kill a high level Ancient or a high level corpus Tech compared to Dex Sybaris with the same build? Make sure you always aim for the head in this test, otherwise it's pointless. And to make it more of a real combat scenario, make it from 40m away. That's a very normal engagement range for a rifle such as Sybaris.

19 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Several leagues would imply at least 2-3x more powerul, right? Then, pray tell how much faster does it kill a high level Ancient or a high level corpus Tech compared to Dex Sybaris with the same build? Make sure you always aim for the head in this test, otherwise it's pointless. And to make it more of a real combat scenario, make it from 40m away. That's a very normal engagement range for a rifle such as Sybaris.

those slash procs/dmg makes very quick work of them. same amount of rounds, if not less in the ancients case due to it lacking armor of any kind.

the dex is simply just that much weaker by that wide a margin. 1.5 mags(take into account my riven reduces mag size on my sybaris prime from 20 to 15) vs 4-5 from the dex with the same riven.

that is in fact, a little over 3 times more power.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

those slash procs/dmg makes very quick work of them. same amount of rounds, if not less in the ancients case due to it lacking armor of any kind.

the dex is simply just that much weaker by that wide a margin. 1.5 mags(take into account my riven reduces mag size on my sybaris prime from 20 to 15) vs 4-5 from the dex with the same riven.

that is in fact, a little over 3 times more power.

Status for enemies that don't care much for that? Slash procs? So, you took more than a second or two to kill them? Haaaa, whatever you say....

58 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Status for enemies that don't care much for that? Slash procs? So, you took more than a second or two to kill them? Haaaa, whatever you say....

Try it then if you don't believe me.

most people here will state that the sybaris prime's power with a hybrid build makes vastly more powerful than the dex.

crit: low-mid level

hybrid: murder everything beyond high level and further beyond.

again, actually try it before doubting my setup

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Try it then if you don't believe me.

most people here will state that the sybaris prime's power with a hybrid build makes vastly more powerful than the dex.

crit: low-mid level

hybrid: murder everything beyond high level and further beyond.

again, actually try it before doubting my setup

I am not at a level of "trying" it. I have 6 forma and Riven on both. But Sybaris Prime is only good at taking out high level armor from the set confines of the Simularcum. In the real gameplay, where I actually need to snipe enemies for far or very far aways, Dex Sybaris feels way better, with the superior accuracy and much lower vertical recoil. Or when simply not fighting armor.

4 hours ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

I am not at a level of "trying" it. I have 6 forma and Riven on both. But Sybaris Prime is only good at taking out high level armor from the set confines of the Simularcum. In the real gameplay, where I actually need to snipe enemies for far or very far aways, Dex Sybaris feels way better, with the superior accuracy and much lower vertical recoil. Or when simply not fighting armor.

So basically once enemies start getting absurdly high in dmg resistance a dex user is sol while a sybaris prime user can simply remove that....and my sybaris prime is still full capable of decent range. So unless your preferred range is long, then sybaris prime still has the dex beat in everything but crit capabilities and with a devent riven the difference becomes "which handles status better." Which is an obvious answer.

btw, i learned recently (despite my near 1000 hrs of play+nearly 2 years) that testing things, regardless of whether or not you've "surpassed" such trivial things, does wonders.

No. Im active Sybaris P user, and im asking NO. That weapon is in perfect condition and in perfect place right now. HIGH PLACE. WITH POWERFULL (insanely) shots. Im was able to finish ~99% of content with standart one, after that there is godlike Dex Sybaris, and then that AWESUME GODKILLER EMPERROR OF FATE Primed Sybaris. That thing already wiping out ANYTHING. Good damage, good crit, good status. Not excellent in all, but REALLY good in all departments, perfect main weapon (only 2nd in my list after my longlasted love in form of Braton Prime)

On 7/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, UrbanShade said:

No. Im active Sybaris P user, and im asking NO. That weapon is in perfect condition and in perfect place right now. HIGH PLACE. WITH POWERFULL (insanely) shots. Im was able to finish ~99% of content with standart one, after that there is godlike Dex Sybaris, and then that AWESUME GODKILLER EMPERROR OF FATE Primed Sybaris. That thing already wiping out ANYTHING. Good damage, good crit, good status. Not excellent in all, but REALLY good in all departments, perfect main weapon (only 2nd in my list after my longlasted love in form of Braton Prime)

i love burst weapons(and shotguns, explains why i prefer both sybaris and tigris primes) and the sybaris is just perfect where it is. i use it on my valkyr and i just rip apart anything that quite frankly, isn't lvl 90+ in just a couple shots. it takes a tiny bit extra for the higher levels.