Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black screen flickers

PopGligor

There's no way this is an unknown bug, but I'll make a thread about it.
Since Harrow's update, I've been getting black screen flickers. Usually they happen right before a loading screen and don't bother me that much. But today, I saw them on Stofler too. They were very few - 4 flickers (each time, just got a black screen for a split second) for 15 waves. Not that bad. Haven't seen it in another mission yet.

But I'm making this thread for a more important reason - these same flickers are seen in the Plains of Eidolon gameplay demo. This is why I feel it's important to be brought up. 

Not so sure if your bug is the same as mine but I too have seen black flickers although only when a character loads in for the first time in a mission / relay. Here's a freeze frame on when it happened for me.

ilVhlvt.jpg

I've also made another topic about my specific flicker for anyone else with a similar issue: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/816052-asset-load-glitch-corrupt-rendering-for-split-second/

Edited by JoshInSpace

On 7/13/2017 at 3:08 PM, dj-Cirus said:

Same here, loading missions seems to cause a 3x to 4x screen flicker, since the new update.   

I have that too. It doesn't bug me, as it is just the loading screen, who cares. Occasionally it'll flicker in the game only once, just like on the Plains of Eidolon gameplay demo. See here at 10:39 (the video should link directly to the timestamp)

Edited by QuietBiro

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, QuietBiro said:

There's no way this is an unknown bug, but I'll make a thread about it.
Since Harrow's update, I've been getting black screen flickers. Usually they happen right before a loading screen and don't bother me that much. But today, I saw them on Stofler too. They were very few - 4 flickers (each time, just got a black screen for a split second) for 15 waves. Not that bad. Haven't seen it in another mission yet.

But I'm making this thread for a more important reason - these same flickers are seen in the Plains of Eidolon gameplay demo. This is why I feel it's important to be brought up. 

That´s very interesting - I started playing today after several months of break. I wanted to speed level some items and went for Stoefler to do so. First, everything was fine, then, all of a sudden, I had some weird screen flickers for about one split second, several appearing during the last waves, between wave 10-20 I had this several times, one time it was the entire screen, sometimes only a part, just for one split second.

Update: I´ve also seen it on the new earth maps, too - sometimes the complete screen, sometimes just a part of it, like mentioned above.

Trying it with disabled SLI tomorrow, maybe this helps in some way, although Warframe always was pretty stable with SLI in the past.

Edited by OldSnakeMGS4

Now that you mention it, I would say I also had one or two white ones, no colours though - the annoying thing after all isn´t the fact that this is happening but I am one of the guys thinking that the problem is on my end, which is ironed out now though since I am not alone obviously.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In cetus I get rapid flickers non-stop if I look around at the scenery or I'm heading to ostronstranding. I keep my aim down so not to get as many flickers. Mine are squares that appear fast in patches or cover my screen entirely. I play on console so is there any way to fix this issue?

Edited by (XB1)Xyvesuu Xikuuze

i was just wondering if someone else had this issue.

im having the same flickers at any mission now and even inside the dojo ever since POE launch though they werent that bad at the time, now even my nidus stomp has this wierd glitch where the textures seem to flicker into black shapes. 

Already did a clean install of my Nvidia drivers and the Whole game just to be shure with no luck, Also tried other games and Warframe is the only game im having trouble to play atm. 

what can we do about this

PS: gonna grab a picture and post it here later on though i dont know if i can im new to the forums

Edited by danicolasol

6830FB9AC842DDC1BC4A4A15A293A06E36086C07

So basically this is what i get. 

Not only in some frame habilities but also in the wall textures as i turn the camera around some enemies and other textures, or like when there is an open door in front of the camera you cant really see the other room because the textures are missing its all pitch black.

You have to get through the door and the textures just appear out of nowhere. 

Have a gtx 1050ti so i doubt its a Vram issue and lowering all of the visuals on presets to minimum doasnt help.