Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Aura System.

RenegadeGorilla

Hey Everyone
I'm going to rant just a little bit about the Aura system.

Alright so the U9 Aura system introduced a little something I liked: the first step towards choices and consequences.
It did it in such a way that you had to choose your play style and sacrifice power to gain this special "Aura". This meant that you would be able to set up your characters to be a more beneficial addition to a group and you could actually start talking about tactics, but this changed.

Now with the hot-fix and the changes to the Aura system you gain points for putting on extra power...?
Lets see so an Aura gives you first of a benefit that effects the entire group but then it also gives you a huge boost to your own mod-capacity?
So now we can run around and gain power without any consequences...
I saw a step in what I thought was in a very positive direction and I saw a bit of a leap backwards.

- I enjoy the game but the small step towards choices and consequences made it a bit more enjoyable.

p.s.
Sorry for the grammar/spelling errors in this text English is my 2nd language.

Hey Everyone

I'm going to rant just a little bit about the Aura system.

Alright so the U9 Aura system introduced a little something I liked: the first step towards choices and consequences.

It did it in such a way that you had to choose your play style and sacrifice power to gain this special "Aura". This meant that you would be able to set up your characters to be a more beneficial addition to a group and you could actually start talking about tactics, but this changed.

Now with the hot-fix and the changes to the Aura system you gain points for putting on extra power...?

Lets see so an Aura gives you first of a benefit that effects the entire group but then it also gives you a huge boost to your own mod-capacity?

So now we can run around and gain power without any consequences...

I saw a step in what I thought was in a very positive direction and I saw a bit of a leap backwards.

- I enjoy the game but the small step towards choices and consequences made it a bit more enjoyable.

p.s.

Sorry for the grammar/spelling errors in this text English is my 2nd language.

First off I think the Aura system was a mistake because it claimed that Aura is a different section but it took our energy from the same section, where the regular mods take their own. Now it boosts our energy, which is a win-win situation. So stop the threads about this topic, it is just fine like how it is now, I cannot understand why would one camplain about extra energy...

He is free to make his threads, despite the fact is something "common" since the hotfix. Respect that please.

I still prefer the old Aura "removing" mod thing. But can't do S#&$ about it, so might deal with it. This one isn't bad after all, just not as much appealing as the one before. Since now we just smash all mods to the max without having to think how to manage your points

I prefer the way it is. I sincerely do not wish to spend plat on forma just to "fix" my build as it was before. There are enough things that require plat, I really don't want to spend forma just for the aura. It's good as it is.

When doing normal missions, not much tactic is required (even before aura was introduced). You need serious co-operation and tactics when doing high lvl defense missions.

Just because some people liked that it kinda upped the difficulty and forced choices doesn't mean you should be rude to them for disagreeing with how it is now.  I'm still not sure what to think of it.  I mean, it means a freshly built frame can suddenly get a monstrous buff in power from the get-go, yet I did like the difficulty and the choices...

Okay, before they were "Aura" mods they were artifacts and gave you a passive bonus. Now they give you a passive bonus, which you can upgrade, and on TOP of that they boost your mod capacity, making it a mini potato. So not only do you have the normal potatoes, but the aura mod increase which can lessen your need to forma your warframe.

this kills one important way the frames were unique and could stand out through their builds and how they arrange and manage their mods,

now all we have left are customizable visual shenanigans, which feels poor and empty

just because we get points for free doesn´t mean its beneficial and good for the game and balance

i have all frames except nova and didn´t feel like i was missing massive points to have a competent frame.

either we need better mods that also cost way more energy than now,

or the game gets harder in the later levels to compensate the overpowered frames

That is wrong, through and through.

The whole game isn't set dependant, it's mission dependant. You can change your mod loadout the way you want, even if you custom tailored it to your tastes with forma and polarities. With the new gains, there's actually gained variety and more usage for other auras because they do not represent cons and drains on an already thin mod pool.

Please stop pretending power creep is important to avoid, or that balance is important to keep. Before u9, i would have varyingly agreed about power creep. Now? with nightmare mode, increased damage, shields being burned like paper, etc. I like the new changes.

Because i can finally stand up to the lvl 60+ mobs without being instakilled 4 times because of a wrong turn or a wrong button press.

Later levels are already reflecting the change with increased levels, and level scaling is dumb anyway.

Point in case: Challenge is not punishment, it's something you overcome. The old aura system was punishment. The new aura system is a great change that helps us overcome the horrid healths of later levels.

I agree with more mods, just do it gracefully and correctly.

For example, thunderclap, metal auger and such are still not really worth it, unless we specifically want to use them.

Edited by Sakatox

First: I never wanted this.
Second: My problem is that you don't have to give two S#&$s about how you build your character at any point.

- I'm a fan of Choices and consequences and I would like way more of that kind of stuff.
And yes I know they added nightmare mode and all and I enjoy that don't get me wrong.

i honestly would have preferred the old-new aura system (consuming energy)

you are contradictiong yourself by saying that the game ain´t set-dependant,

but then arguing that now, with more modpoints available you can finally stand up to those lvl60 mobs.

the horrid healths and playing near-death is actually what is fun about games. thats what you overcome challenges.

thats what makes you apply better tactics and playstyles.

for many it´s too easy now to stand up against thoso 60s, the challenge dropped.

an easy way to fix that would be to tier up some systems and raise the endgame bar.

Maybe u have lot of plat to spend and dont care if u need to have a fully formated warframe and potatoed but think about new players or ppl who cant spend plat in the game... they just cant use aura mods with the old system also now it gives them somthing to use them, like a mini potato, buff the mobs sure high lv players we love it, low lv hate it, solution? give them a lil buff, if u have a fully formated warframe u wont be needing any of the extra points from the aura so i dont know where the problem is

I'm agreeing with renegade on this one. a maxed out polarity-affected aura gives us 14 mod capacity. thats 3 forma's worth at the least which is more than enough forma's for a warframe thusly it compeltely invalidates forma in that respect. secondly with a mixture of forma and aura bonus we can max out everything whci hsimplifies the game and tanks out every warframe. theres no more thinking which mods to upgrade, which to put on or take off, there's no skill in it you jsut put what you want and max all of them out now. thirdly forma isn't hard to get anyway, i have 31 and 6 more blueprints on waiting all received from the void, not a single one was bought and void keys are piss easy to get. forma itself is fine but the aura bonus i feel has taken it too far. everyone complains at renegade because this is a good addition to the game because everyone gets what they want, but it's too good, there's no longer a challenge to making unique builds. level 1 frames can then have 14 mod slots which is enough for maxed out redirection and then some so they instantly cannot die meaning it takes out the challenge in future.

I think the very LEAST that DE should do is take out the polarity for auras meaning it maxes out at 7 extra mod capacities but i would not complain if they turn back to it taking away from mod space for, as renegade says, consequence of choosing between mods for you or bonus for teams, or changing the system in an entirely new direction but for what it is now, it's WAY too OP.

Free Forma is free Forma.

You use it to build Dojos,, create weapon research, make weapons(That don't have polarities) and relevel weapons and warframes. Forma is being overused and abused and this system help curve that abuse.

Edited by SirAuron