Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlins vs Warframes: Why this competition may benefit Warframe players

-IA-ShadowKill

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I have never seen this alleged claim people keep referring to. It was a misunderstanding that the community took as fact.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-bungie-activision-contract-20120521-story.html

I don't think anyone expected that their progress wouldn't carry over though...That comes as a bit of a shock frankly.

I don't play Destiny and have nothing against the game personally... The folks that I know personally that do have already said they won't do Destiny 2.

BioWare isn't innocent in this category either though... I loved ME:A but it was definitely underwhelming given the time it took to get here (and nary a DLC yet), only to see many of the things I, personally, expected them to include in ME:A get given to Anthem instead.

Andromeda would have been printing gold bars by now with just a bit of extra work on BioWare's part...I guess they just didn't want it competing with Anthem.

On Topic to OP's question:

I'd give it to the Frames (magic always wins)

Now, If it was Javelins vs Titans...I'd probably give it to the Javelins

Frames vs Wardens?: That'd be interesting and they are close enough for that to be an interesting match.

Edited by Padre_Akais

On 7/11/2017 at 9:49 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Did DE fear Destiny copying them? Nope.

A healthy competition pushes developers to strive to grow better.

(Of course Destiny kinda wasn't much competition)

this so much, just look at steam to see what happens if there's no competition, it turns into a S#&$ show

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

BioWare isn't innocent in this category either though... I loved ME:A but it was definitely underwhelming given the time it took to get here (and nary a DLC yet), only to see many of the things I, personally, expected them to include in ME:A get given to Anthem instead.

Andromeda would have been printing gold bars by now with just a bit of extra work on BioWare's part...I guess they just didn't want it competing with Anthem.

As a bit of offtopic. Andromeda was a rough project, with not enough budget and human resources, bad planning and executing, they barely had the pre-production ready 1.5-2 years before the actual development began. It was handled by the C team which until this only handled DLCs, they were paranoic and kept throwing fits towards the A team blaming them for trying to sabotage the work. 

Anthem comes from the A team, the same team that handled the first 3 Mass Effects and all the Dragon Age games, so the quality will be without a doubt much better. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

As a bit of offtopic. Andromeda was a rough project, with not enough budget and human resources. It was handled by the C team which until this only handled DLCs, they were paranoic and kept throwing fits towards the A team blaming them for trying to sabotage the work. 

Anthem comes from the A team, the same team that handled the first 3 Mass Effects and all the Dragon Age games, so the quality will be without a doubt much better. 

That explains a lot. I still plan to get Anthem, but plan to wait just exactly long enough to get the first blush of reviews for it too.

11 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That explains a lot. I still plan to get Anthem, but plan to wait just exactly long enough to get the first blush of reviews for it too.

I'm still mad they made Andromeda come out the way it did.

I know Anthem will at least be decent, but man, I would have rather had both games be good.