Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuttering & host migration

FrankoJP

Question

Hello guys, since two weeks I've had problems with Warframe.

1. Sometimes game eventually starts stuttering and freezing for a while. I know this problem might be connected with SLI, but playing with one GT755M? Nope.
  2. The most annoying bug is "host migration", which occurs almost every time. When I did 25mins in survival, suddenly "host migration" appeared and I returned to my ship. Even after rejoining to my team, I've lost 5 items... ;-; Goddamit, I'm afraid of playing with host - this problem doesn't occur, when I'm hosting game. But people start complaing that game is laggy.

Everything what I did:

• For 1st problem I've disabled DX10 and DX11 in launcher and underclocked my GPU with MSI Afterburner.
  • For 2nd bug I've ensured that it's not host's fault and my Internet connection is good (25-30ms isn't bad ping value, is it?)

PC Specs:

• Lenovo y510p
  • i7 4700MQ
  • GT755M SLI
  • 8GB RAM
  • 256GB SSD

Help me guys, preety please ;-;

Edited by FrankoJP

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, FrankoJP said:

Hello guys, since two weeks I've had problems with Warframe.

1. Sometimes game eventually starts stuttering and freezing for a while. I know this problem might be connected with SLI, but playing with one GT755M? Nope.
  2. The most annoying bug is "host migration", which occurs almost every time. When I did 25mins in survival, suddenly "host migration" appeared and I returned to my ship. Even after rejoining to my team, I've lost 5 items... ;-; Goddamit, I'm afraid of playing with host - this problem doesn't occur, when I'm hosting game. But people start complaing that game is laggy.

Warframe has been having network issues lately. It is being investigated by DE at the moment. And the problem you're having for #1, I am having it as well. It is not SLI related, as I am running on a single GTX 1080. I've talked with someone at DE about this for a while, they seem to be on track with figuring out what is wrong. But don't fret.

It is not your setup. There is something up with the Evolution Engine, in some regard.

Because Witcher 3 runs at a flawless 60-70fps @ 1440p on my system, no stutters, no blackscreens...
Just got to give them time.

I'm sure they're aware there is a problem, but thanks for your input.
Every voice helps to make Warframe a better place for everyone. :)

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I have also experienced these issues, I believe its related to the wait between the host and client loading resources into Video Ram.

It can also occur while solo, so I really doubt it's related to host/client stuff.

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It can also occur while solo, so I really doubt it's related to host/client stuff.

If your GPU doesn't load fast enough, or you get caught up on the lighting/texture loading, you lose connection and the stuttering is well observed for this update so far. To that end, DE Steve did say on his twitter that performance issues with the Earth Rework would be worked on this week. Personally, I am looking forward to that.

8 minutes ago, Urlan said:

If your GPU doesn't load fast enough, or you get caught up on the lighting/texture loading, you lose connection and the stuttering is well observed for this update so far. To that end, DE Steve did say on his twitter that performance issues with the Earth Rework would be worked on this week. Personally, I am looking forward to that.

I was having trouble with Warframe even before the Earth Remaster deployed. The random stuttering I am referring to isn't stemming from Earth (hehe, pun). Perf improvements are always awesome and welcome, but I just have a feeling that something else is wrong with Warframe right now.

Unrelated to Earth and such.
And my GPU is well above the requirements for a game of this caliber (referring to the lighting or texture stuff). A GTX 1080 is quite overkill actually.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I think DE Glen did a thread about some GPU drivers having a memory leak with Warframe, maybe that might help on the non-remaster stutters. I would totally agree on the 1080 being overkill for the game though, before the remaster I often advised players with older PCs or operating on a budget that the 750 TI or in more recent times, the 1050 TI would be fine for Warframe.