Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Rework

(PSN)crashtester17

Feel free to critique. I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

First ability: Tail wind now looks different. Zephyr spreads out her arms and forms energy wings from her arms and flaps them to launch herself in the air. Casting tailwind a second time  while in the air will launch zephyr forward and trigger a duration ability where she glides with increase speed and control for a duration. Passing by enemies will inflict an impact proc. The glide will stop when the duration times out, you glide into a wall, or you land. Zephyr will be able to shoot her weapons while in glide mode.

Second ability: Dive bomb is replaced with wind blast. Zephyr uses her energy wings to create a blast of wind that knocks down target enemies. Casting wind blast while in glide mode (from tailwind) will propel zephyr up into the air and refresh the duration. 

Third ability: Turbulence will still deflect projectiles. Casting wind blast or Tornado while turbulence is active will increase the damage they do. Casting tailwind with turbulence active will provide an initial boot when entering glide mode.

Fourth ability: Tornado will follow zephyr and inflict constant impact procs to enemies in range. Hitting tornados with wind blast will either increase their damage or refresh the duration.

Passive: Same as before and preforming a slam attack while in glide mode will make zephyr dive bomb instead. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)crashtester17 said:

Feel free to critique. I would love to hear any thoughts on this.

First ability: Tail wind now looks different. Zephyr spreads out her arms and forms energy wings from her arms and flaps them to launch herself in the air. Casting tailwind a second time  while in the air will launch zephyr forward and trigger a duration ability where she glides with increase speed and control for a duration. Passing by enemies will inflict an impact proc. The glide will stop when the duration times out, you glide into a wall, or you land. Zephyr will be able to shoot her weapons while in glide mode.

Second ability: Dive bomb is replaced with wind blast. Zephyr uses her energy wings to create a blast of wind that knocks down target enemies. Casting wind blast while in glide mode (from tailwind) will propel zephyr up into the air and refresh the duration. 

Third ability: Turbulence will still deflect projectiles. Casting wind blast or Tornado while turbulence is active will increase the damage they do. Casting tailwind with turbulence active will provide an initial boot when entering glide mode.

Fourth ability: Tornado will follow zephyr and inflict constant impact procs to enemies in range. Hitting tornados with wind blast will either increase their damage or refresh the duration.

Passive: Same as before and preforming a slam attack while in glide mode will make zephyr dive bomb instead. 

So using your 1st ability gives you literal wings (as a buff maybe?).

Really good ideas, Zephyr is fun but lack luster.

Shes only really good for turbulence but then other frames do that as good or better.

As for the 4th changes you put, having a tornado "follow you" sounds good on paper, but it would be awkward to use. Because if its following you its not going to be hitting the enemies your shooting at. Either putting a large damage buff or coming up with something fresh for her ult would be better >IMO<

Nice post, love my Zephyr <3

http://imgur.com/FHC0EZw

I am definitely biased towards a more thorough rework, but for the few small changes you suggested it would make a pretty good impact on Zephyr.

Only thing that is a bit iffy is Tornadoes, what if they gave them the same AI that Octavia's Resonator (Stays close to you, but will seek out enemies within a certain range)? And rather than impact procs, what if they just acted like mini Vortexes. Sucks up enemies as they do now, but keeps enemies inside the tornadoes (maybe have a cap of 10 enemies per tornado). All damage you do to the tornado is distributed to the enemies inside the tornado. Just having impact procs would be pretty lackluster for a 100 energy ability. 

11 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I am definitely biased towards a more thorough rework, but for the few small changes you suggested it would make a pretty good impact on Zephyr.

Only thing that is a bit iffy is Tornadoes, what if they gave them the same AI that Octavia's Resonator (Stays close to you, but will seek out enemies within a certain range)? And rather than impact procs, what if they just acted like mini Vortexes. Sucks up enemies as they do now, but keeps enemies inside the tornadoes (maybe have a cap of 10 enemies per tornado). All damage you do to the tornado is distributed to the enemies inside the tornado. Just having impact procs would be pretty lackluster for a 100 energy ability. 

Same with the augment for tornado's. Makes 8 but they dont pick anything up so they're basically useless.

I like the idea of having the tornados move like octavia's resonator DrBorris. And having them function like vortex and trap enemies in the eye of each tornado would be pretty cool. I would still like the constant impact proc on enemies not trapped inside the tornado personally, just to keep enemies staggered.

11 hours ago, DrBorris said:

As far as I know, the tornadoes actually do this already, it's just that they move too slowly and their pathing is kind of wonky. If the tornado pathing was as smart as the resonator and they moved just a little bit quicker, then I think Zephyr's 4th is actually fine (although I agree with the sentiment about the augment actually making it worse). Not sure if someone can confirm, but the open air behaviour where enemies fly out of the top would actually be fine as long as the tornadoes can pick those same enemies up again if they happen to survive and are close enough.

So I just used zephyr again and her tornados do function like vortex sucking up enemies and holding them in the air. They will also change color depending on what damage you do to them and they will deal whatever damage you hit them with. However, they do not follow zephyr around very well. Most of the time they will just drift off and never be seen again if you're in a mission that requires movement. A good solution to this could be to have the tornados follow zephyr similarly to how mirages clones follow her. Increasing the range could increase the distance the tornados are from zephyr and how far their reach is for picking up enemies.