Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Suggestion(Stalker Mode)

DominusKaiser

I would like to suggest this idea since I been thinking about it for some days, I think it would bring more gameplay for everyone, a little of Pvp style gamming and more challenge upon every run.

The idea is quite basic wich is related upon Dark/Demon Souls,where you could invade the game of a player instead of helping him granting you bonuses for each kill of either people trying to help him or other assassins aswell and the player hosting the game.

- What would be the motive for a Tenno to do this?

Simple, Not every Tenno shall share the same idea,the Stalker is a good point and if we look at the Lore of real life ninjas they never where considered a goodie two shoes trying to help the world,depending on the clan they either killed for money,for a lord commanding them,honor and such.
Not every player likes to be the good way of the path(Im one of those) and this would grant that wish of having a little of Pvp towards the rest rather than just the Dojo(wich is in the limit of people within your clan and never with perhaps really good Pvpers around warframe that are in other clans).

- Is there any way this can be done?

Yes, I don´t really have a perfect way and could need more feedback about the idea but so far in my mind the idea would be to either a crafteable key such as a clan key or maybe a special drop from the stalker itself wich would play out as a "dark key" granting you the ability to turn into the "dark side of the lotus" and invade the stage of a crowded squad(with enough level so no newbies would be killed upon this,requeriment of maxed warframe would be required).

- What type of character we will be upon invading the stage?

Well what most people want,the Stalker itself but since the stalker is a frame that can use powers of other frames this could be implemented as intended where the skin would be a stalker and probably the weapons aswell(so you wont have a set of OP weapons) yet the skills would be different depending on the frame you entered the invasion mode with,this would bring the stalker mode little more fun to it and granting people more challenge upon missions instead of just bullet sponge mobs.

- What we win out of being the Stalker?

This probably has to be worked out, but my idea is what alot of players desire, Stalker warframe blueprints, if you get to kill everyplayer on the mission before they finish, BUT upon loosing inside said mission as a stalker you would have a rare possibility of dropping said blueprints towards the team that defeated you,in this way it brings competition and challenge,if the team wins towards the player stalker they might get a drop or not as the stalker bp would be rare to drop,upon winning against a player team you would get a higher chance to get the blueprints or mixing them with the weapon prints(since some are wanting to complete them all aswell and so there is a chance of not really that many people would be running as stalkers)

- If we get to craft a stalker what would be the skills tho?

That would be up to the developer team,as we cannot be handed a Warframe that can combine every skill of all frames,it would be OP and everyone would want to have one.

Edit - 1: Adding also the option to be invaded or not in the case some people doesn´t feel like having theyr mission ruined upon a skillfull player.

Edit - 2: As said in the Livestream it tips more into this idea of reaching into the stalker way,they tipped into being a dark or good tenno more aggresive within the lore,since people was bashing into this.

Feel free to give some constructive opinions(I hate Pvp so your idea is x and x and I want to be playing with AI all day,is not a reason to bash on this topic) if you hate or like the idea.
Sorry if my grammar is not the best.

Edited by DominusKaiser

Please use the search function in the future as there have been literally dozens of posts on this same topic that you are bringing up, and you aren't bringing up anything new or different.

Next, DE has officially stated MULTIPLE times that they wont be implementing PvP and that this game is not a PvP game.

Please use the search function in the future as there have been literally dozens of posts on this same topic that you are bringing up, and you aren't bringing up anything new or different.

Next, DE has officially stated MULTIPLE times that they wont be implementing PvP and that this game is not a PvP game.

^This

At least they stated that PvP though will only appear again after PvE is complete

I do know they did,yet they had to add the dojo to lessen the Pvp people around here,and also you might know they also said they gonna add bits of pvp there and here but always more focused upon the concept of Co-op gamming based upon PvE, and sorry if Im not bringing anything new to this,but its the same as saying that a voice cannot be raised unless original and unique towards an opinion,the more strong the voice becomes the better for the whole idea to grow.

Well honestly I don't think its a bad idea from my perspective, I would like a bit more PVP, Don't get me wrong I love the game and all but I don't want to get bored of it.. and its surely getting there not extremely fast but its getting there, I would like a challenge not just from npcs but from other players at least, the stalker was a great addition but it would be nice to like have a choice to actually fallow in his footsteps or something, believing that the Tenno are in the wrong and strike against them when they take down a big political head and some sort of chaos rages in a sector having the ability to use a warframe that's strictly puts you over the level or other players when invading giving them a challenge and you as well that sounds like a badass idea (sorry for my French) Also just because it may be similar to MANY other topics doesn't mean its necessarily such a bad one at that, Also adding that this game doesn't need to be solely PVP no one want's just a PVP warframe that'll end up like a space ninja version of tekken or something, such an idea can prosper if others would actually think about the good and not just "oh pvp I have maor fire powah den you I win noob trolololol go home and cry to your mom" no one want's that but we can at least do something unique to the gaming community of warframe about the PVP section cause I know its in beta right now still but it could be worked up on a bit

This topic pretty much isn't really about changing the PVE into a PVP this is pretty much about more about in the "future" of what they could add not now, of course this game isn't anywhere finished cause this game has been in open beta for how long?? if this game was closed to being finished it wouldn't be in 2013 im for sure lol

This topic pretty much isn't really about changing the PVE into a PVP this is pretty much about more about in the "future" of what they could add not now, of course this game isn't anywhere finished cause this game has been in open beta for how long?? if this game was closed to being finished it wouldn't be in 2013 im for sure lol

...then why discuss it now? by the time WF is out of beta, this topic will have been long forgotten, and any ideas that come up from this too...

...then why discuss it now? by the time WF is out of beta, this topic will have been long forgotten, and any ideas that come up from this too...

Probably maybe because they can note it if enough people get into this,cause if everyone had that opinion of "this topic is gonna be forgotten" why the others feel like bashing upon any pvp idea for people that has another kind of style in games,this game is unique and most "pvp" stuff is just plain damn Fps crap(sorry for that one but its true),if no one wanted to discuss anything cause it might be forgotten then nobody would be ragequiting on the forums on a daily basis upon every hotfix that they don´t like and I already stated that upon contradictory topics like "i hate auras draining mods" and then fix that and "i hate the new auras!" by the time the game its done if all the community behaves like that they might not even listen anymore to any of us.

Probably maybe because they can note it if enough people get into this,cause if everyone had that opinion of "this topic is gonna be forgotten" why the others feel like bashing upon any pvp idea for people that has another kind of style in games,this game is unique and most "pvp" stuff is just plain damn Fps crap(sorry for that one but its true),if no one wanted to discuss anything cause it might be forgotten then nobody would be ragequiting on the forums on a daily basis upon every hotfix that they don´t like and I already stated that upon contradictory topics like "i hate auras draining mods" and then fix that and "i hate the new auras!" by the time the game its done if all the community behaves like that they might not even listen anymore to any of us.

No, the main idea (being the stalker) won't be forgotten, but anything specific probably will. Again, PvP isn't coming for a LOOOOOONG time, because it's not important. Sorry, but PvP in warframe is the least important thing to the devs right now. Still -1 on your idea because PvP (it's not what warframe needs)

No, the main idea (being the stalker) won't be forgotten, but anything specific probably will. Again, PvP isn't coming for a LOOOOOONG time, because it's not important. Sorry, but PvP in warframe is the least important thing to the devs right now. Still -1 on your idea because PvP (it's not what warframe needs)

Still they just said in the livestream they are looking to add the good and evil way of the tenno,wich would lead pretty much to a semi pvp in the long way.

Edited by DominusKaiser

Still they just said in the livestream they are looking to add the dark and evil way of the tenno,wich would lead pretty much to a semi pvp in the long way.

Maybe, maybe not, I think by "dark and evil" they mean YOUR tenno acts like that (greed, etc), which doesn't mean PvP suddenly, or even in the long run. (It will be added, but not for a loooong time)

Maybe, maybe not, I think by "dark and evil" they mean YOUR tenno acts like that (greed, etc), which doesn't mean PvP suddenly, or even in the long run. (It will be added, but not for a loooong time)

Sorry ment good and evil tenno way, since they said theyre gonna implement some kind of way to see if youre being evil or good,if you think about it its perfect for a political difference between the loyal tenno and the rebels of the way of lotus,and yes I know its gonna be in a loooong time but that was what it was intended with the whole idea,not now,later or some day,sorry if it seemed like I was addressing it to be in the next update or something lol.

Sorry ment good and evil tenno way, since they said theyre gonna implement some kind of way to see if youre being evil or good,if you think about it its perfect for a political difference between the loyal tenno and the rebels of the way of lotus,and yes I know its gonna be in a loooong time but that was what it was intended with the whole idea,not now,later or some day,sorry if it seemed like I was addressing it to be in the next update or something lol.

Sure, but that's not "stalker" mode (stalker mode being where you are the stalker, you hunt a target), where that's just gonna be more or less 4v4 probably.