Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you play with Ash?

EnderDragon1324

Question

I pretty much solidified my main frames for now, but I noticed that I never really took my ash prime for a run after I had maxed him. But when I took him out for a run. I was completely decimated by a group of enemies while using my old Ash build. So I decided to change it up and use a fatal teleport + covert lethality build, but I'm unsure about how to use Ash now. Do I just spam "3" now and what sort of missions is he best used for? Right now it seems Loki has Ash beat in terms of survivability.

Edited by EnderDragon1324

5 answers to this question

I have a duration build Ash to extend my invisibility. I get upwards of 20 seconds. Obviously this isn't anywhere near the length of time Loki or Ivara can stay invisible but that doesn't matter to me. He's pretty tanky and can take a hit so I'm usually able to become invisible again if the need arises.

I also use Seeking Shuriken to strip enemies of their armour and proc slash.

Honestly everything about Ash is bugged. Fatal teleport is bugged, bladestorm is bugged... The only reason to run im over other frames is just because you like him. And he does look sick with his deluxe skin and tennogen skin really but it's like, still pretty meh. Unless you want to go and do some long survivals runs.

But if you can cope with ugly and bugged animation it's still pretty much the same frame. I pretty mcuh don't run ash at all but I've seen people do insanely long runs with him using different tactics. Combination of fatal teleport and bladestorm + syndicate weapon with viral is one way, another just using seeking shuriken, invisibility and a set of different weapons that can cc enemeies like zenistar and further proc corrosive/radiation or just deal pure damage like zarr.

I sell him for credits like the completely selfish, useless to a squad frame he is. (warning, incoming salt)

I guess I will never understand the logic of people who only choose warframe based on how 'useful to the team' he is especially when you will realize that 99% of content can be played solo and with that, your team usually doesn't need sht to actually complete the mission if you can solo everything anyway (and usually isn't even remotely garteful to someone who's playing team-oriented frame like frost or trinity for example and the second they let something happen like let someone die even tho it was never a big deal in WF you will hear about this). Because if you can beat it alone and they can't do it in a group of 3 it's like. Potatoes. You literally can do alone what a squad of something like Trinity, Banshee, Saryn and whatever can achieve with 3 or 4 people.  

i built him for duration and both seeking shuriken and fatal teleport.

i am going to explain why i use both soon.

now lets start with duration and how it interacts with seeking shuriken.

what is not shown on the mod card is that seeking shuriken scales with both duration and power strength.

so instead of 8 sec armor stripping i have 16 sec at  204% duration.

now as long as you have at least 145% power strength the armor stripping percentage is 100%.

since i have 175% efficiency seeking shuriken costs less then 7 energy

which mean i can spam strip enemies of armor if i want to.

now at 204% duration smoke bomb lasts for 16 sec which gives you plenty of time to cause havoc.

fatal teleport is an fantastic mod and it even refund 50 % of the energy cost if you kill the target.

what i usualy do is to stack the combo meter on weaker enemies and then start to take out all heavy units.

One tip many forget is that berzerk cant speed up fatal teleports animation nor bladestorms.

fury and primed fury on the other hand do.

due to my massive range at 34% i rarely use bladestorm unless i want to stack bleed procs on a group

using both seeking shuriken and fatal teleport mean i can strip all armor of any enemy and then i have 16 sec to deal massive damage to it due to no armor.

also since smoke bomb and seeking have the same uptime its easy to keep them in sync.

For me at least this ash build is one of the best in both peformance and fun factor