Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about the Redeemer

Wiergate

Question

Evening all, 

In today's sortie I got a Riven for the Redeemer, with boosts to Slash, Combo Counter and Finishers (roughly 110% on each and 6.6 s on the counter).

I thought I'd take it for a spin before considering re-rolling it, and was distressed to notice that finishers with the Redeemer do not contribute to the combo counter. I tried it with Calm and Frenzy Equinox (Night form) and then Excal as a control, and that's just how it is. Finishers would sometimes be in the form of charged shots and sometimes 'regular', seemingly at random. 

However, I play with a controller on PC, and have my melee attack and quick melee on the same button - might that contribute? Or is the Riven causing a bug, or - last option, I suppose - is the Redeemer simply supposed to work this way? I haven't used it for ages and can't find any discussion on the matter. 
I'd like to figure this out before I start burning through my Kuva.

Grateful for any advice.

3 answers to this question

From what i know, Redeemer have 3 finisher moves: front and downed enemy = shot (not charged shot), rear = throat cut. All are affected by finisher damage boost.

I think most people use Redeemer for charged shots and hardly get any benefits from combo counter.

IMO, this riven needs to be rerolled. My Ideal stats are: damage, elemental damage, attack speed/range with negative crit/finisher stats.

Or sell the riven for Grofit.

WF Redeemer Wiki

I wouldn't be too surprised if you were holding down your melee button just enough to activate a charged shot as it mentions in the notes.

As failedtodiet mentions most of the posts I read about regarding Redeemer are for using it with charged shots.  There are a number of interesting ways this weapon works with ranged shots and it technically being melee.  It's easy enough to get charged shots on a Redeemer and even easier if you have a gunblade stance - Bullet Dance in particular.  Also note the low crit chance and multiplier.  These are all reasons why combo counter on your riven might not be the best thing to have.

13 hours ago, Arcainyx said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if you were holding down your melee button just enough to activate a charged shot as it mentions in the notes.

Could be, as I said I haven't used this weapon much and I'm not used to its quirks. I'm pretty certain I just tapped for the finisher animation, but the 'queue' behavior could still prompt undesired charged shots anyway, I suppose. 

I've been using it with High Noon, Bullet Dance seems to be one of the very few stances I haven't got. Orokin Sabotage apparently, guess I have a new project. 

Once I've found that I'll give i t a spin as well and then reroll the Riven with your advice in mind. Thanks to you both for the help!