Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Animations not properly playing under fire

StuphChicken

For what I observed, while under heavy fire, casting any ability just has no animation as it seems to interrupted by the damage flinches animation.

Steps to reproduce bug

1. Go to the simulacrum
  2. Spawn low level, high rate of fire enemies (Attack Drone or Corrupted Drones)
  3. Attempt to cast any abilities while under fire

Frames I manage to reproduce bug with:

• Banshee Prime
  • Trinity Prime
  • Oberon Prime
  • Nyx Prime
  • Harrow
  • Titania

Frames that players have report seen the bug

• Oberon/Oberon Prime
  • Nyx Prime
  • Harrow
  • Nova
  • Inaros
  • Nidus
  • Excalibur
  • Atlas
  • Frost
  • Trinity Prime
Edited by StuphChicken
Seems to affect more than one frame

From what I've seen, the pain flinch takes priority over casting animations on most frames (I use Naramon's Traumatic Direction with Arcane Grace to gain a constant health regen, as a consequence my 'frame is constantly flinching), which can easily be seen during heavy fire, while having leech osprey projectiles attached and being affected by fire, toxin and slash procs. Since it still allows you to attack while casting (the time for casting is still in effect, preventing further power use until the non-existent casting animation should be complete), I'd deem this bug as potentially exploitable. 

I've had this issue recently too. When I'd cast an ability, my Warframe would just stand awkwardly. I wouldn't be able to do anything until the ability itself appeared. Also, I've had another variation of this bug where I would be able to use abilities while aiming, but I would just cast it extremely slowly.

I experienced this, with pretty much every frame I played in the last few days.

Most noticeable was with Harrow, when I tried to cast his Penance. Most of the time, the buff appears, but the animation doesn't plays.
And with Nova, mostly when casting her Antimatter drop and Molecular Prime.

I've been having this happen to me as well. Heck, I could sometimes get it to happen simply by aiming down the sights of a weapon, firing, and casting at the same time. It isn't a consistent thing but it did happen. This was while using a Tinity Prime, by the way.