Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapon Against Infected At Mastery 0?

KamaNightfire

Hello.

Thinking about doing an account reset, so looking towards trying to buy a heavy/multi target hitting weapon. I'm looking for a melee weapon to sue during infested missions.

Considering i'v been using " HATE " for over 105 hours i'm not familiar with the other weaponry, any have any idea on what is considered the " best" weapon against infested groups, preferable the mobs.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS FOR MASTERY RANKS 0 , anything that requires a mastery higher then that I cannot accept due to wanting to " start out " with this weapon. thanks! :3

What's with all the duals. All bladed weapons have triple damage to light infested.

I'd suggest the Orthos as it's the best heavy melee weapon right now, but you might not want to go melee against Toxics.

So... Braton. Or Strun. But mostly Braton.

Dual Zoren is more utility than damage output. <3 the Zorencopter. Will serve decently really early on though.

Dual Ether I can agree with, very good choice, has multihit and armor bypass on its normals, while still keeping the x3 vs light infested. Bonus, without any mods you can stunlock an ancient with them.

Dual Heat is kinda like Dual Ether only trading the armor bypass for fire. I haven't used it, but it should be pretty good against infested.

Kunai and Akbolto are both really strong late-game weapons (especially kunai, only losing to Despair and Acrid, really), but aren't the best vs light infested. Ancients, sure, but light infested they (basically) run into ammo/accuracy problems.

Vipers are fun and all but require a crit build for late game (meaning they fall under the only legitimate "needs mods" excuse). Also ammo problems for bnb use against light infested.

Braton is one of those guns that I think is massively, MASSIVELY over-rated. Early to Mid it's good, and it has very good *raw* dps... but late game there's nearly nothing you can use your raw DPS on as it's not accurate enough to apply it. Dera and Boltor are the way to go for ARs, but Dera's Clantech E2M5 and Boltor's M2.

If you hold out till mastery 2 you can grab yourself an Orthos. Which is currently the best melee DPS weapon in the game iirc.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Strun. Get frost damage mods with it and its very wide spread will actually come in handy for crowd control, and at close range its damage is usually enough to one hit or two hit kill light infected in low-mid level missions even when it isn't modded.

Dual Ether would be a good choice; high swing speed, decent damage output, multi-target hitting and triple damage against light Infested.

da hammer works too, just stand there and jump and ground pound cause the knock down and letting other players finish the kill on light, heavy and midium weight infested, plus we do have models to change that now cuz someone suggested and end up changing some the weapons again on wiki.  So, I guess you can strength it alot to have one super overkill by using right models.

P.S ground pound doesn't work on boss, only might high on crits.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

any slashing weapon for melee

and for primary flux rifle. its a slashing fire laser beam all the parts that infested is weak against plus its ap which means it does all damage against ancients

Flux rifle needs mastery 6, not 0.