Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krag - The Kinetic Manipulation Warframe and Custom Weapons

Magnus

83XEg0u.png

With the ability to manipulate kinetic energy, Krag can compress space itself within his body and discharge it through the use of kinetic condensers attached to his body in a multitude of feats. Though once thought impossible to do such a thing, the Void taught the Orokin many things, and soon came Krag. Though he was a weapon, he was also a testament to all of Sol; the Orokin could work as Gods could.

-----

1. Forward - Combo - Krag forces himself forward by decompressing space compressed behind himself to launch directly OR indirectly towards an enemy, curving towards enemies off center; head, foot, or fist first. Upon making contact, Krag exhumes a burst of space, knocking other enemies away while the primary target takes impact damage and forces an impact proc. Damage total and amount of knockback on nearby targets is based on distance traveled.

Forward does NOT need to target an enemy directly, but instead checks in a cone upon activation for the closest available target unless there is a target being looked at directly, prioritizing an enemy with the cursor over it. This allows for easier, faster recasts.

Forward can be comboed, though it does not increase damage, only reduces energy cost per cast. It can be used on aerial targets, cast in the air, and on enemies down, uses a special finisher attack instead, making it ideal to chain to other enemies knocked down by the initial cast.

This can be used while in 3, Follow.

Strength increases damage multiplier per meter traveled, Range increases the lock-on distance and subsequently damage, and Duration adds longer Combo duration.

-

Augment
Explosive Momentum - Converts the damage type from Impact to Blast. Enemies on the side that would normally simply be pushed away instead take damage along with the target as each punch, kick, and headbutt causes a massive explosion. When used in Follow, Krag will no longer bounce back on contact, but slam and stay against the enemy as he explodes, not unlike a Latcher.

-----

2. Up - Offhand - Krag flicks his offhand upward and knocks everyone in front of him up into the air on a whim in a trapped, slow manner similar to Rhino Stomp though much higher. It deals no damage on its own. When the target falls, it deals impact damage by way of gravity, and if the targets impact the ceiling, they will receive the same amount of damage as well, then also take damage upon hitting the ground.

Strength affects height and damage, range affects width and depth of cone, duration affects how long the enemy remains in either the air or plastered to the ceiling. Casting does not interrupt shooting or movement. Recasting does not reset the previously afflicted targets.

-

Synergy: This creates a greater distance for Krag to travel with Forward before making contact which in turn gives it more damage. Should it not give more distance, due to a ceiling, the bonus damage from hitting the ceiling makes up for it. This power is the majority of his survivability.

-----

3. Follow - Toggle - Krag violently spins forward and quickly contains his rapidly building kinetic charge inside a spherical armor, allowing him to roll around as a rather deadly ball. Due to the sheer force of kinetic buildup, enemies nearby are ragdolled and forced to follow Krag's gravitational pull, where ever he goes. As Krag moves, his heavy kinetic plates continue to slam into targets caught in his gravity, dealing moderate damage but only as he moves. Allies can shoot enemies trapped in this field.

It's essentially Vortex, but damage is dealt by movement, and you are the Vortex.

While in this form, his armor is quadrupled, as he'll be getting deep into enemy gunfire before they can be affected by his gravity. He also becomes immune to both Toxin and Gas to better encourage the player to even use this on infested without regret.

Krag cannot bullet jump while in his ball armor, only hop and stick to walls and ceilings. Yes, like Spider Ball. This allows him to, without exiting this mode, still get anywhere he needs to go though at a slower pace, unless there are enemies to use Forward on.

Strength affects damage dealt by movement and overall speed while in this form, Range affects the size of your gravitational field or vortex, Duration adds to efficiency as it's a toggle.

-

Synergy: Follow can be used in Conjunction with 1, Forward. This changes several aspects, one being that he no longer has limbs to attack with, but instead the ball simply homes into and smashes against the target, bouncing back a little off them after contact much like a ball. The damage dealt is the same, but rather than push enemies away, it pulls them in instead, allowing for a much larger collection of enemies much more rapidly.

Up can also be cast in this form, doing a quick spin in the opposite direction as a cast animation.

-----

4. Inertia - Tap/Hold - Krag and enemies around his person in a large spherical AoE are progressively slowed to a crawl, and then finally stopped for just a moment as Krag drains all the kinetic energy from the area, causing his kinetic pads (the circular pads on his armor) to burn bright with vibration in his energy's color, all as he draws his right hand back, winding up.

Tap - He throws his fist out, stepping forward with his right foot and throwing his whole body into a haymaker, unleashing a surge of all the stored energy and amplified by his body into a massive barrel AoE, dealing immense impact damage without need for line of sight, through walls and tiles alike. Every enemy hit is immediately thrown as far as possible, and if there's a wall, remain pinned to it.

This can be aimed.

Hold - He slams his fist straight down into the ground and unleashes a surge around him in a much larger spherical AoE than what was affected by slow. Enemies are dealt immense impact damage on hit and are flung back, unless they are pinned against a wall. The longer the button is held, the longer Krag keeps his fist to the ground and more energy is spent, expelling force and space to continually damage enemies pinned in the area. Enemies are unable to shoot into this space at all, making it useful as makeshift defense in an emergency

Both tap and hold can be cast in the air. Tap can be aimed while in the air while winding up, like he can on the ground. Hold will instead have Krag slam both of his fists together while in the air, vibrating and struggling as he compresses and decompresses space around himself.

Strength affects the damage, Range affects both distance and girth of the barrel AoE, Duration affects how long enmies remain pinned to the wall if they actually survive.

-

Synergy: If cast while in Follow, Krag dramatically bursts from his ball armor and winds up with a unique animation with the same effect. Any enemies that were being dragged along by Follow well be dropped out in front of Krag, within Inertia's range. In other words, you can collect as many enemies you want, and lead them all into one giant ultimate attack by way of combining his first three powers.

-----

Passive - Doubles the time spent as ragdoll for all enemies. They were really knocked cold.

This presents synergy with many weapons, as well as his own powers.

-
-
-
-
-

vppZrxx.png

Parzettai is a unique explosive tenno weapon. Rather than missiles or grenades, it fires a kinetically charged drill. With a very short charge time per shot, the chain along the top revs into action and spins the chambered drill rapidly. It can be shot earlier at a penalty to flight speed and to initial damage, but not to its dropoff or its explosion. At full charge, it flies through the air as fast as Lanka's energy bolt and similarly has no drop off, the rotation of the drill keeping it in the air.

Upon contact with a normal surface, the drill will grind into it for only a second before exploding in a decent sized aoe. If the drill directly hits an enemy, it will do massive puncture damage and, after a second, will explode. If the initial puncture damage is enough to kill an enemy, it will burrow into them instead and upon explosion, deal scaling bonus damage, sending the hit enemy's body out as shrapnel around in an even larger AoE than the base explosion. This makes it easier to get the bonus effect upon headshots.

To reload, the bottom half of the barrel is first pulled away from the stock, then taken off by pulling down. The entire section is replaced by doing the reverse, clicking back into the place loudly. The reload time itself is rather slow, as the box of drills is quite heavy.

-
-
-
-
-

This is a work by both Shwig and myself. He is, of course, the talented artist and we helped each other with both direction and powers. The idea for Tap/Hold for 4 is thanks to Trvldl.

Complete picture can be found right in this hyperlink that you now want to click, because it looks real nice.

Edited by Magnus

Some pretty solid ideas here, really my only gripe is with the passive; perhaps something that would better fit would be some sort of enhancement to movement, such as bullet jump having an initially larger knockdown radius and having that as a constant knockdown aura during flight, and/or knockdowns/ragdolling when rolling/sliding into enemies. Of course, considering he can cover distance by himself with his 1, and his 3 already being a very mobile CC hotspot, I can see the redundancy of this (though it seems as if his 3 gives no mind to ragdoll duration either, so take it as you will).

I'm also not a big fan of how "Up" works, considering a big selling point of Rhino's version of this is that enemies are kept at a comfortable height for shooting, and in a situation where you have to kill enemies to progress, like an endless mission, it would get tiring having to look up all the time to shoot at enemies stuck higher than eye level. This could get particularly bad with high strength builds and high ceilings/open air tiles. I think it's worth pointing out that it synergizes with his 3 in a unique way, though: don't have a room with a nice low ceiling to get extra damage with? Have ' em follow you into a tiny room where you can pin em up like darts.

Follow seems like it might cause issues with weaker machines (unless enemies ragdolled is capped, but I don't think that's in the plans here), but that's not something I have too much knowledge about. Considering the collision on enemies (is collision turned off when they're ragdolled? I don't quite remember, but I think not) it'd be pretty easy to have a good lil bunch of enemies follow you into a doorway and make it difficult or annoying to pass through. Think something like the barbed wire in Rainbow Six Siege. If there is no collision and this isn't the case, just ignore this, then.

I'm curious as to how the ball will work with fashionframe, as the idea of a little ball wearing a Superman cape trailing an entourage of ragdolled enemies is a pretty funny image.

2 minutes ago, Exploderizer said:

Some pretty solid ideas here, really my only gripe is with the passive; perhaps something that would better fit would be some sort of enhancement to movement, such as bullet jump having an initially larger knockdown radius and having that as a constant knockdown aura during flight, and/or knockdowns/ragdolling when rolling/sliding into enemies. Of course, considering he can cover distance by himself with his 1, and his 3 already being a very mobile CC hotspot, I can see the redundancy of this (though it seems as if his 3 gives no mind to ragdoll duration either, so take it as you will).

I'm also not a big fan of how "Up" works, considering a big selling point of Rhino's version of this is that enemies are kept at a comfortable height for shooting, and in a situation where you have to kill enemies to progress, like an endless mission, it would get tiring having to look up all the time to shoot at enemies stuck higher than eye level. This could get particularly bad with high strength builds and high ceilings/open air tiles. I think it's worth pointing out that it synergizes with his 3 in a unique way, though: don't have a room with a nice low ceiling to get extra damage with? Have ' em follow you into a tiny room where you can pin em up like darts.

Follow seems like it might cause issues with weaker machines (unless enemies ragdolled is capped, but I don't think that's in the plans here), but that's not something I have too much knowledge about. Considering the collision on enemies (is collision turned off when they're ragdolled? I don't quite remember, but I think not) it'd be pretty easy to have a good lil bunch of enemies follow you into a doorway and make it difficult or annoying to pass through. Think something like the barbed wire in Rainbow Six Siege. If there is no collision and this isn't the case, just ignore this, then.

I'm curious as to how the ball will work with fashionframe, as the idea of a little ball wearing a Superman cape trailing an entourage of ragdolled enemies is a pretty funny image.

It's one big WIP and we bounced passives around and it was the funniest we could come up with. As for your issue with Up, keep in mind, there is already a lot of 'it's this power but different' through many frames, and how it works is not unlike Zephyr. Zephyr's however makes enemies flop all the way around and people do actually use that in exterminate. It's just a matter of competent people with the tools in hand.

Also probably capes and armor will turn off for the duration of it. There's really no way to make them work with a ball.