Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn and Mutalisk Cernos

StarMagus

Question

I've seen a couple of threads in reddit and here about this but didn't really get a real clarification because mostly the talk centered around how well a mutalisk cernos performs as an endgame primary.

Not yet interested in that; just want to know what synergies does a mutalisk cernos have with Saryn (and how well)?

As far as I can tell, Saryn has a passive 25% duration buff on status effects, which may affect the bow's ability to reliably apply status effects...? How about the passive that creates a cloud? There's also talk out there about how the bow also helps Saryn and her ability to spread... spores?

In any case, it's been talked about before so I apologize if this sounds redundant, just want to clear things up a bit as I find Saryn and the bow very intriguing to use. :)

3 answers to this question

you need to understand hwo saryn works to understand this meta.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn

saryn 1st skill at max lvl is 60m range.

so alot saryn max range efficiency and dmg to nuke the map with it

but you need to pop the poison bubble non stop.

so you need gas type weapon like mutalist cernox, pox

to continue bursting the bubble.

so the weapon itselff doesnt contribute much is the gas that help saryn.

Mutalist Cernos is my go-to Primary for Saryn. Since Miasma (her 4) doubles its damage for each of Toxin and Viral statuses on foes, and since Spores proc Viral, I mod the Mutalist Cernos for Toxin (or Viral) and Status chance. Since the extra Toxin projectiles frequently apply Toxin procs, popping Spores with this weapon primes your enemies for maximum Miasma damage quickly and efficiently.