The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game freezes constantly

NebbyOtt

I'll be in the middle of a mission and the visual output of the game will freeze, i can still move around and do stuff, i can still pause and do whatever, but my screen will be FROZEN, it's happened 5 times today alone. This is an INFURIATING gamebreaking glitch and i'm really getting tired of it happening. Nothing will move, nothing will respond (visually, the game still appears to be running perfectly, just the visual output breaks) Not even the steam overlay will appear.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Edited by TennoHack

I am also getting this issue and it always happens on a survival mission when a good amount in. I'm pretty sure it is lack of support for newer generation nvidia cards/drivers, any 10xx series.

My specs are

Processor: Intel i7 4790k

GPU: EVGA Nvidia Geforce 1070 FTW.

Someone on a forum said disabled nvidia share settings may help: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/how-to-disable-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

On 7/20/2017 at 8:35 PM, Xonear said:

Someone on a forum said disabled nvidia share settings may help

You know what i think that is active, i never enabled it and i never would, but let me disable it and see if it helps, it hasn't happened yet today, so we'll see

53 minutes ago, TennoHack said:

You know what i think that is active, i never enabled it and i never would, but let me disable it and see if it helps, it hasn't happened yet today, so we'll see

This may be related to a problem I've been seeing on my end with a GTX 1080. Every now and then, my display would randomly stutter down to 2-5 FPS for a second or two before spooling back up. I disabled Nvidia Share yesterday, and I actually haven't seen it since. I'm still testing to see if that is the case for me, because this has been an issue for me for the past few months.

If Nvidia's Share In-game Overlay really one of the reasons Warframe has been acting up on later-gen Nvidia cards recently, then I hope DE gets a hold of this information and looks into it themselves.

Running on a:
Intel i7-6700K (4.0GHz, no Overclocks.)
MSI GTX 1080

Witcher 3 runs at a flawless 60-70 FPS @ 1440p on Ultra settings. No stutters at all.
This is apparently just a Warframe thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Been having the same problem since today. Was running Akkad as Ember Prime and using the new grineer flame sickle and my game visuals kept freezing. Had to bring up the task manger and close the game as I could do nothing but listen to the game running in the background. Was annoying as it happened multiple times in the same mission and kept having to reconnect.

Guys,

On 7/20/2017 at 8:35 PM, Xonear said:

Do this. It, WORKED. It's not warframe at all. It's NVIDIA's streaming thing.

I disabled this 10 days ago, right after a freeze, and i have not had this problem SINCE.

Not all are getting this issue, but a few others and myself are getting the issue of the screen freezing up for no apparent reason. 

If you are getting this issue and you are using nvidia shadowplay, disable it... you're welcome.

De plz fix <3