Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Simaris Scan Targets

LuckyCharm

Hey all, So as you probably are aware, you can scan targets for cephalon simaris. What you probably have also noticed is that his voice lines are very VERY late when you find the target. 

With how powerful our weapons are, many times we kill or half kill the target before he actually says "there it is, scan the creature" This is very counterproductive for people who actually want to get the scans for it. Usually that isn't me, but i do feel bad murdering his targets before others can even see them. 

DE Please try and make his voice messages earlier. Or at least a "the target is close tenno" message when you're within 1-2 rooms of the thing please. That way we actually have a chance to notice, especially for people like me who don't really pay attention to enemy names but more their appearance since many enemies move too quickly to always read their names

He says it when you are close, within a certain range, as long as you are looking through your synthesis scanner.  If you're blasting your way through everything and not checking your scanner, then yes you may end up gunning down the target by accident.

DE needs to make a decision on the direction they want to take their game, in this case. Warframe has increasingly been moving towards a fast-paced slaughterhouse style of gameplay, rather than slow-paced tactical approaches. The current system for Synthesis targets requires the player to slow down their advance, put away their weapons, and completely ignore enemies in favor of hunting down traces of a target, a target that's often halfway across the map from where they begin the search. Obviously, these two ideas don't mesh well.

The two options, as I see them, are to either begin working back to slow down the pace of the game and make Synthesis hunting a more viable pursuit, or they need to change how the player tracks Synthesis targets, most likely by making traces appear passively as long as you have a scanner equipped. Either way, the entire situation needs reexamined on some level if they want it to work cohesively.