Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is an odd osprey

INight00

I don't know if this should be moved to general but...

What is this guy doing on Earth? On the jungle tilesets this osprey is around or not around. It doesn't appear to be doing anything nor are there any other corpus units in the vicinity.

vRfJPp0.jpgukxbyGK.jpgVzTCwz8.jpg

Is it spying on the grineer? Why is it there. I managed to scan it but there is no additional codex info on why it is alone on Earth. A mini affinity boost for low level players? A teammate for a Nyx?

I saw it on occasion when I would scan plants for the titania quest... but it is quite common on the current sortie.

If it's giving you sheilds, then it is a Specter from Cephalon Suda somebody deployed.\\

OH

Someone just posted this: "Also in eximus sortie grineer, whenever a regulator spawned, it spawns an inactive guardian eximus shield osprey instead (or whatever osprey it is, it says guardian eximus only)"

Edited by Fishyflakes

They turn up on Kuva missions on Grineer and Infested tilesets as well. I either assume they're spying (hiding in plain sight, as it were) or something in the code is borked and they were supposed to spawn as something else. I see it's level 6 - isn't that what Grineer Regulators tend to be on Earth?  

It is randomly spawning on Earth, and it isn't during a Kuva mission.

Regulators are around. Regulator Eximus. But even then in the time between first seeing it and recently, I have seen regulator eximus'.. eximi? (cactus, cacti) around on Earth. Which means if the regulators and their versions are spawning fine and if they are on other tilesets where regulators don't spawn... it may as well be a little corpus spy drone. That guards and provides shields to nothing.