Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Build

Aldorus

Question

Okay i know most of you guys may think volt is bad and thats why there aren't builds, but i kinda like the concept of volt and i bought myself a volt prime without knowing what to build so if you could help out with a few builds would be awesome.Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Aldorus said:

Okay i know most of you guys may think volt is bad and thats why there aren't builds, but i kinda like the concept of volt and i bought myself a volt prime without knowing what to build so if you could help out with a few builds would be awesome.Thanks in advance!

Honestly, their is no specific set up for weapons/warframes. It all depends on your play style. You might want him to be a bit tankier than usual, you might want lots of energy to speed run through missions, etc. So find out what you like to do with him/her, and your safest bet is to go on YouTube and find out a build that may suit you.

Volt isn't bad.  Bad players make Volt bad.  Anyway, he's my favorite for pug captures.  His damage doesn't scale into endgame well, but the utility tied to his 2, 3, and 4 are all very good.

Energy Siphon / Handspring

Quick Thinking / Streamline / Fleeting Expertise r3 / Stretch

Shocking Speed / Transient Fortitude / Primed Continuity / Constitution

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Ok, so I've got a sort of mixed build here, mostly leaning into the CC of Volt's ultimate, paired with survivability through his ultimates augment granting me overshields.

This is a one forma build btw, so I'll have one extra polarity.

Energy Siphon, Power Drift (exilus slot), R3 Fleeting Expertise, R6 Primed Vigor, Streamline, Capacitance (augment), Intensify, R5 Primed Continuity(a max normal continuity is the same as this), R4 Strech, and R7 Redirection.

I understand you might not have the primed mods or Fleeting expertise, but Primed vigor is just there to help boost your shield capacity more, making the ult augment give more over shields.

Any mod not given a rank, (R#) is maxed.

I've used this in sorties and high-level content, loving his stun locks, his damage is amazing but, i prefer to stun, then melee spam with something like a Destreza.

Volt Prime is easily one of my favorite Frames, one fond memory is someone being utterly amazed
that I was having no trouble (stunlocking and) killing everything in a Sortie Defense, lol Volt is weak :D

FWIW, my general-use build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Fleeting Expertise
Stretch, Transient Fortitude
Streamline, Primed Continuity
Primed Vigor, Capacitance

Lotsa Range for mass CC from both Shock and Capacitance,
really not at all bad damage especially if you hit dense enemy clusters,
easy Squad-wide Speed-buffing (but not too strong lest everyone just runs into walls lol)
and Overshields for days, easily fueled with just Streamline by (that nice 300 Energy reserve and) Zenurik.

Thank you all, the builds im leaning towards are more of the 4th ability cc and survivability i do have the vault mods i dont have primed ones tho the normal ones will suffice!

Edited by Aldorus

Volt's not bad, actually he's perfect, he's my main for more than three years and I love him)

That's the build that works best for me. Egoistic, though. Actually melee-based (Galatine is your best choice here). 4 to stun big groups of enemies, 1 - if there are just few ot them, 2 to get 10,5 seconds of godspeed and smash them all (and that's why I use vitality - to stay alive this way, when enemies are Sortie-level)/ That amount of energy let's you to pik up the shield freely (but honestly I don't - it slows me down, I don't like it). 

Spoiler

f2aaaec3fa99f013b78d1278104f536b.png