Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for invasions' endless missions.

-CLM-Joker

So, when we look at the mission types that can appear on invasions, we have:

• Exterminate (2-4 minutes).
  • Capture (1-3 minutes).
  • Rescue (2-4 minutes).
  • Mobile Defense [3 terminals, 4 minutes defense timer) (5-8 minutes).
  • Assassination (only against Infested as of now) (2-4 minutes).
  • Defense [10 waves] (9-18 minutes, highly dependant on team's efforts).
  • Interception [2 rounds] (8-20 minutes, highly dependant on team's efforts).
  • Survival [10 minutes] (10-11 minutes).

As we can see, most of the mission types are fairly quick, with the exception of the 3 endless missions.

Those are basically the same values as an alert mission, and you need to do them 3 times for a reward, which results in a lot more time spent compared to the fastest missions. Now i get that missions changes constantly, but often happens that the mission type stalls for quite a while: if you're so unlucky to start an endless invasion on the losing side, when the winning side has a fast mission (like capture) and the % left is less than 1%, there are very high chances that you won't be able to complete the invasion, or even start the second mission.

Therefore my suggestion is:

• Defense: Reduce from 10 to 5 waves (4-9 minutes, highly dependant on team's efforts).
  • Interception: Reduce from 2 to 1 round (4-10 minutes, highly dependant on team's efforts).
  • Survival: Reduce from 10 to 5 minutes (5-6 minutes).
  • [possibly, but not really necessary] Mobile Defense: reduce from 3 to 2 terminals, reduce timer from 4 to 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

That way, missions will always require the same amount of time (on average), thus balancing out the two sides better.

Hopefully devs will consider that change, as it would be worth a lot for lots of players.

Edited by -CLM-Joker

A single round of Interception is pointless, you might as well ask to remove it from invasion mission types, kind of feel the same way about a 5 minute survival.

I might see it as allowing all 3 invasion runs being combined for endless types.

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

A single round of Interception is pointless, you might as well ask to remove it from invasion mission types, kind of feel the same way about a 5 minute survival.

I might see it as allowing all 3 invasion runs being combined for endless types.

Well yeah, if each rotation would give one point in the invasion, i'd be totally fine with that. It'll also remove the hassle to go in and out an endless mission.