Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting a Clan and Clan Management

TheN7Shadow

Question

So I have been playing for a long time now in Warframe, since the very early days. Back in the day a friend of mine took me into his clan back when there wasn't a whole lot too them. After a while he got tired of dumping resources into it and managing it so he disbanded it and we joined TCPI. I decided a short while ago I wanted to create and manage my own clan so I left TCPI and started up mine. (I still need a better name than my current one and would be open to suggestions on a name. The current name is The Red Brothers but I want to change it, the design I have in mind for the logo is a shield with blue engravings on it to symbolize protection, but I can change what I already have I'm a design student in college so I'm always open for ideas!). My question I have is where do you think the best place to start is building wise? I'm working on researching all of the base things in Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, and Infested currently as well as trying to spruce it up to make it look nice. Would it be best to start just dumping resources into researching everything first and then recruit people when I have more to offer or should I start trying to recruit now and try to get some help with it from others? I don't want to make a strict "You have to stop in the dojo every day and drop something into research" rule because I want it to be a very tame clan. The main reason I want to make this is to help all kinds of players Experienced or New. I want to help give guidance to newer players and to welcome them into the community as well as give a welcoming environment for experienced players to trade, research, or just discuss and hangout with fellow players. All suggestions welcome :)

Edited by TheN7Shadow

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, TheN7Shadow said:

So I have been playing for a long time now in Warframe, since the very early days. Back in the day a friend of mine took me into his clan back when there wasn't a whole lot too them. After a while he got tired of dumping resources into it and managing it so he disbanded it and we joined TCPI. I decided a short while ago I wanted to create and manage my own clan so I left TCPI and started up mine. (I still need a better name than my current one and would be open to suggestions on a name. The current name is The Red Brothers but I want to change it, the design I have in mind for the logo is a shield with blue engravings on it to symbolize protection, but I can change what I already have I'm a design student in college so I'm always open for ideas!). My question I have is where do you think the best place to start is building wise? I'm working on researching all of the base things in Tenno, Grineer, Corpus, and Infested currently as well as trying to spruce it up to make it look nice. Would it be best to start just dumping resources into researching everything first and then recruit people when I have more to offer or should I start trying to recruit now and try to get some help with it from others? I don't want to make a strict "You have to stop in the dojo every day and drop something into research" rule because I want it to be a very tame clan. The main reason I want to make this is to help all kinds of players Experienced or New. I want to help give guidance to newer players and to welcome them into the community as well as give a welcoming environment for experienced players to trade, research, or just discuss and hangout with fellow players. All suggestions welcome :)

Um... Clans are 50% Decor

Aside from the labs, broken arenas, and trading booth, there is little point.....

I wish you the best of luck, and recommend  the name arkbird for it, i would also recommend you to invite before, so you can see 'leech' and 'member'

15 minutes ago, TheN7Shadow said:

Would it be best to start just dumping resources into researching everything first and then recruit people when I have more to offer or should I start trying to recruit now and try to get some help with it from others?

My suggestion is to start finding clan members that are like-minded and mature. I am not a fan of recruiting people who ask for research percentage. Those are disloyal and there to leech. Play a few game and run a few sessions with potential members and see how compatible they are. You rather form a good, small group of players than a bunch of loosely banded misfits. 

"A strong foundation lead to a lasting home" 

Start with building everything you need to get research under way. The initial setup alone will take you around a week.

Then start the research in every lab because most of those things will need 3 days to get researched. Dont forget research depends on other research to be done first. While all this research is running build the nice parts of your dojo as well as start farming the pigments. If you have all the resources needed to do the research my guess would be a month until everything is researched. Most of the resources you will probably have stockpiled but be prepared for tons of polymer, oxium and the infamous mutagen sample. Do as much research as possible while you are on ghost clan level.

I would start advertising for new members as soon as the labs are build. Members get free endo for each ascension ceremony you do while your dojo is expanding.