Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Fissure - A Major Problem

15 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The only 'fix' there is, is for people to learn to stop starting the 2nd excavator, or don't give it power, until everyone has 10 Reactant.

Teach them patience.

That isn't going to work, you can't just expect people on the internet to slow down as a courtesy for others. People are going to do whatever they want and if you can't keep up, they're going to leave you behind.

No. We need a way to either slow excavation fissure missions down long enough for people to get 10 reactant or make sure enough drop within 2 excavator lifetimes, assuming both are simultaneously active and fully powered.

Edited by Pizzarugi

12 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

[Quotato]

Short version: Remember those new people who kept using up all the Life Support Capsules?
Long, proper version in spoilers. Read through entirely or else you may get the wrong idea (i.e: same as my previous suggested solution).

Spoiler

It won't work if the people don't realize that 200 Cryotic = 1 round, much like how Life Support Capsules don't add surplus life support when used by someone who doesn't know how to play Survival missions properly. Imagine if your logic applied to the latter; how long would it take for people to learn how to survive 20 minutes at Draco?

Then again, the same case can be applied to Interception Fissures when the squad has all 4 towers; not enough Corrupted spawn in a full-4-tower round, which meant the squad had to let the enemy capture one so it slowed down just enough to get Reactant.

Besides, the squad as a whole surely wants all four Relics to be opened, and by extension, a possible jackpot? No? Then they haven't learned.

The method I suggested IS a way to slow Excavation Fissures for long enough; it just takes people getting used to marking where Reactant has dropped if someone's behind and stalling on installing batteries - or not starting on the Excavator.

But if it's the case that there's 2 full active Excavators, then it's the fault of failed squad coordination - like the Interception, Defense or even Survival Fissures - all of which have similar issues in some cases.

So you see, the problem isn't just Excavation Fissures; it's all timed gamemodes - including Sabotage in cases where enemies miraculously stop spawning until you complete the Sabotage, which is as much of a problem because almost everyone always goes for the fire sabotage method which makes it incredibly hard for some to get Reactant due to the hazard and time limit (which is why I personally do the magnetic hazard, because it -to me- is less of a problem).

Nonetheless, I now see your reasoning; ALL timed modes (survival, excavation, defense, interception and sabotage) either need:
A: More enemies to Corrupt. B: A timefreeze point where timers, excavators, mission objectives and other timers - including life support - lock until the squad has 10 reactant. C: The ability to conserve Reactant if you choose the same Relic if the squad is too fast. D: All of the above.