Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smog, Industrial Warframe

rekingbuttssince1977

Smog, Industrial Warframe

Style: Cc based Warframe,  mostly Armor and shield based. heavy so lower sprint speed.

Appearance: He has a bulky chest, a lot of pipes showing on his back. His colors are mostly green and brown. His energy color is orange. His head is square-ish and he has thinner arms and legs.

Acquisition: All parts are a 0.1% drop from Bursa's, Moa's, Osprey's, Roller's, and Latchers.

Stats: Shield: 175

Armor: 225

Health: 100

Energy: 150

Sprint Speed: 0.90

Abilities: 

Passive: Has +10% firing speed and +10% damage when using Primary or Secondary Shotguns.

First Ability: Emission

Energy Cost: 20

When the ability is used a cloud of smoke will be released around Smog. This smoke will confuse enemies, reducing their hit chance against Smog and his allies by 35%. Affected by range and duration  mods.

Second Ability: Volatile Compounds

Energy Cost: 50

Smog releases an explosion of scrap that reaches above, below and around him, dealing damage to nearby enemies. This effect has +25% range and damage if used right after releasing smoke using Smog's first ability, Emission. Affected by Strength, and range mods.

Third Ability: Assembly Line

Energy Cost:75

When used, Smog summons 4-6 small robots that attack enemies at random, and only dispawn when killed. They attack with daggers rapidly dealing moderate amounts of damage. robots are healed over time while in smoke from Smog's first ability, Emission. Affected by Strength mods.

Fourth Ability: Lockdown

Energy cost: 100

When used, Smog creates an area around him and allies inside it are immune. On the outskirts of the field, turrets and grenade launchers fire at nearby enemies, dealing moderate damage. Affected by Strength, Duration, and range mods.

Edited by rekingbuttssince1977
Changing Abilities and Style

So... the abilities make it feel more like a demolitionist frame than an industrial frame. Either stick with the theme, or change it to suit the abilities.

In terms of abilities. Shift the rail gun to his 4th, it sounds like an exalted weapon and they usually are placed in the 4th ability slot.

His third ability feels to similar to vauban's vortex in a way.

Try thinking of some ideas which could make the abilities scale and synergize. 

^ I agree that this feels less like a "industrial"-type and more of a "demolition"-type. 

My suggestions (not in any particular order) for your consideration and inspiration; feel free to use and adapt as you like. :) 

(1) Emission - release a cloud of smog around the Warframe, obscuring enemy vision, lowering hit chance to Smog and his allies by X/Y/Z %. Quick press to release a cloud at the target location, hold the key down to channel the effect around Smog. Affected by range and efficiency mods. 

(2) Volatile compounds - release volatile airborne particles and ground-level ozone dealing X damage over N seconds. Channeled ability. [ Keep away from an open flame ] Affected by range, efficiency and strength mods. 

(3) Assembly line - release a swarm of nano-bots that construct A/B/C mini-Smog Warframe bots. The bots attack at random. For humour, the bots fall down staircases. Affected by efficiency and strength mods. ( They are very cute .. )

(4) Lockdown - Raise armor and shields by X/Y/Z % for n seconds. Your Warframe cannot move but has an overwhelming taunt up to a range of A/B/C meters. Enemies close in on Smog during Lockdown, perfect for setting up a bunched kill. Affected by range and strength mods.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by SarinSutra

i hear smog, i imagine that he releases a gas, and the gas chokes nearby enemies

they cough and wheeze and are incapacitated, unable to move, opening them to finishers, and attacks/headshots

smog as a warframe concept, sounds more like a CC and disabler, toxic gas warframe and stuff

maybe with the ability to ignite the gas and amass explosions that send enemies flying

indsutrialization passive: upon being hit or striking with a melee weapon, he has a 25% chance to release a smog cloud

that stuns nearby enemies caught in it

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis

11 hours ago, junyynyyn said:

So... the abilities make it feel more like a demolitionist frame than an industrial frame. Either stick with the theme, or change it to suit the abilities.

In terms of abilities. Shift the rail gun to his 4th, it sounds like an exalted weapon and they usually are placed in the 4th ability slot.

His third ability feels to similar to vauban's vortex in a way.

Try thinking of some ideas which could make the abilities scale and synergize. 

I didn't want to get too close to Vauban, so I wouldn't call it a demolitionist frame. As for the Railgun ability, it is significantly weaker than other exalted weapons, so it wpouldn't fit in 4th slot, and I like Bombardment more. I think that his theme fits his abilities because explosives and fire relate to smoke, and he isn't exactly INDUSTRIAL, he is just more of a tanky warframe in that sense.

However, I might consider remaking him as a whole, but i'd rather just make a different warframe, and leave this as is.

Thanks for the feedback tho!

9 hours ago, SarinSutra said:

^ I agree that this feels less like a "industrial"-type and more of a "demolition"-type. 

My suggestions (not in any particular order) for your consideration and inspiration; feel free to use and adapt as you like. :) 

(1) Emission - release a cloud of smog around the Warframe, obscuring enemy vision, lowering hit chance to Smog and his allies by X/Y/Z %. Quick press to release a cloud at the target location, hold the key down to channel the effect around Smog. Affected by range and efficiency mods. 

(2) Volatile compounds - release volatile airborne particles and ground-level ozone dealing X damage over N seconds. Channeled ability. [ Keep away from an open flame ] Affected by range, efficiency and strength mods. 

(3) Assembly line - release a swarm of nano-bots that construct A/B/C mini-Smog Warframe bots. The bots attack at random. For humour, the bots fall down staircases. Affected by efficiency and strength mods. ( They are very cute .. )

(4) Lockdown - Raise armor and shields by X/Y/Z % for n seconds. Your Warframe cannot move but has an overwhelming taunt up to a range of A/B/C meters. Enemies close in on Smog during Lockdown, perfect for setting up a bunched kill. Affected by range and strength mods.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to change his abilities according to this, but I hope you don't mind if I tweak a few things.

4 hours ago, rekingbuttssince1977 said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to change his abilities according to this, but I hope you don't mind if I tweak a few things.

Be my absolute guest; I post them for inspiration after all. :)