Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Statue, statue, statue, endo, statue, lens, lens... (Or, the time I remembered RNG is a jerk)

MangeurDuPiscine

In a game about grinding so you can grind better, I would expect a game to rely on random drop tables to distribute loot. It makes sense, because it pads out gameplay in what, on the surface, seems like a fair and balanced system. Logically, if something has a 25% drop chance, as advertised by the developers themselves, you'd expect to get that item once every four times, plus or minus a little deviation, to be fair. Right?

Life isn't fair all the time. In the end, a chance is just a chance. It's not a promise.

Sorties are frustrating, and everybody who's had this problem knows this, so I'm not gonna pound the dead horse any more than this: If something is going to be locked away behind a daily reward system, it might be best to make things a little less than pure random. As an example of my point, for the last 8 days, my rewards were as follows:
Ayatan - Ayatan - Ayatan - 4k endo - Ayatan - Naramon Lens - Unairu Lens (Basically nothing, mind you, given the current Focus system).

I respect the first attempt to combat this. You can't get Ayatans more than 3 times in a row. (If I'm wrong and that hasn't been implemented, oops.) However, you're still subject to chance either way. Right after 3 ayatans in a row, nothing is stopping the game from giving ANOTHER bunch of endo, letting the system cheat you into 5 endo rewards in a row. Endo is nice, but a riven would be much nicer after more than a consecutive week of solo running sorties, especially after being teased about the drop chance increasing.

One might consider than maybe pure random chance isn't the best option for time-locked rewards, because I feel like I wasted a little less than an hour every day for more than a week.

To help assure myself this isn't an edge case, and that I'm not just being a little entitled whiner, I'd like to see if anyone else has a similar story to share. Perhaps involving other "common" drops, like Equinox or Mesa parts.

I'm a returning player, hadn't really played much since Vauban Prime came out, started doing sorties again and so far I've gotten Ayatan - Endo - Ayatan. Granted I don't have the largest stockpile of endo saved up from the core conversion, but I'm mostly gunning for rivens here. Console hasn't seen the buff to 25% yet (get it Monday). 

My sample size is much to small to mean anything significant, but personal experience is showing signs of a potential similar path. 

Sorties is a waste of time, you'll never get riven mod you want. The amount of RNG here is beyond sanity, especially after introducing needless melee rivens. So, what I did was I quit sorties for good, instead I bought unrolled riven for the weapon I wanted for 30 platinum so I could start re-cycling.

None of my sorties prior to all those achievements being added recently have counted towards the sortie achievement, and this kind of rng is why I sit each night pondering if to bother doing them (purely for the achievement) because all I have to show from sortie in the past is statues lens endo and I think 1 riven at some point in time? iDunno, they tend to underwhelm me insofar as I've come to expect the worst drops from them which isnt really an incentive to play them. I'd rather wander around finding things I didnt see a thousand hours ago lol.