Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested corpus and grineer ship tilesets too dark, toggle flashlight

Sovyul

I have my brightness both in game and monitor set on 50 which is perfect everywhere but on infested corpus and grineer ship maps.

I get it that it adds to the atmosphere but it's way too dark, I must max out brightness every time i'm going Eris or similar maps and max brightness (or above 50) looks like S#&$ outside these maps.

No need to pull off the un-nighting the night like Blizzard, just make these maps tiny bit brighter. I can't see at all in some places even in a completely dark room irl.

Or let the player to toggle the flashlight (which barely activates automatically at all anyway), this would be even better.

Edited by Sovyul

there really does need to be a flashlight toggle button. not just for turning it on. because there are some occasional nooks in regular grineer tilesets (and plenty in kuva fortress tilesets) that are really painfully dark. and i get that thats where medallions or cepalon fragments spawns so it should be dark. but trying to spot a medallion just from the faint glowy bits that fly off them, or walking through every dark spot just incase an interact option comes up is frankly ridiculous. it also makes it easier for bugs to go unnoticed. 

I mean i think the flashlight is a bit weak as is. perhaps adding a slight illumination to codex scanners or sniper scopes might be nice too. as these modes also deactivate your flashlight even if one were active. the synthesis scanner actually makes it Harder to see in the dark not easier. and scopes dont even benefit from lighting up all nearby enemies

for example. if i were in a dark tileset wearing the saryn orphid skin or one like it, it looks fantastic in the dark because it glows, but i cannot take a screenshot without basically shining a flashlight on my warframes torso. which makes it look horrid. and having no flashlight at all when melee mode (admittedly i havent tested this recently so that could have been fixxed) is also not helpful. especially as when facing the darkest missions you typically have large numbers of infested. and want to be in melee mode more likely then not. and despite it's visuals channelling does not impact ambient lighting at all. which i am glad it doesnt as it might make stealth kills while channelling very difficult

also perhaps flares or something as a gear equipment. probably wont see much use as people pack their gear wheel pretty tightly but for missions like ODD being able to light a fixxed area might not be a bad thing. (and would likely see more use then the remote camera thing which fails to be useful simply because once placed the camera cannot look around even a little and it's duration is laughable but cant be cancelled out of)

Now I get that Tenno are ninjas and its already a good thing that our flashlights are invisible to our enemies but it does us very little good when 90% of the time it would activate is on a mission with infested or other enemies that already see us easily. also i cannot be as hard to put a toggle button up as it is to set up all those triggers to activate it and deactivate it in the assorted locations like spy vaults and places where the flashlight is really only on for that brief period.

also archwing flashlights might be a good idea too for certain missions aswell