Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Voiceover for your "tenno child".... ugh

(PSN)BMWWOW

When the newest addition to random Ship noise happens - namely the small screen on the side opens and you see your Tenno Child's face and they speak.....
I mean seriously, was that the best Voice Over Actor you could find?  
Because - to be perfectly upfront - its bleedin' AWFUL.  They he / it has literally ONE Monotone Voice for every single emotion.
Hey DE - Nepotism only goes so far.  
I would rather be able to shut off those annoying interjections than have to listen to the same utterly amateur Voice Over tell me something is good in the Exact Same Monotone about how something is horrible.
Speaking as someone who has had Voice Over training, so YES I could do better.... about 1,000,000 percent.  :D
Not a make or break for me, just very annoying.

I mean, the voices aren't that bad, but then again I'm a fan of the Raven voice because it sounds encouraging and sincere while still being stern. Unlike Owl or Heron where they just sound like asses, especially if you go down.

"GET. UP. WARFRAME!!" vs "Get up Warframe."

But yeah, as Snail said you can turn them off the same that you can turn off Lotus and most other transmissions.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

I mean, the voices aren't that bad, but then again I'm a fan of the Raven voice because it sounds encouraging and sincere while still being stern. Unlike Owl or Heron where they just sound like asses, especially if you go down.

"GET. UP. WARFRAME!!" vs "Get up Warframe."

But yeah, as Snail said you can turn them off the same that you can turn off Lotus and most other transmissions.

yeah raven seems to be the only one i like as well...

2 hours ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

When the newest addition to random Ship noise happens - namely the small screen on the side opens and you see your Tenno Child's face and they speak.....
I mean seriously, was that the best Voice Over Actor you could find?  
Because - to be perfectly upfront - its bleedin' AWFUL.  They he / it has literally ONE Monotone Voice for every single emotion.
Hey DE - Nepotism only goes so far.  
I would rather be able to shut off those annoying interjections than have to listen to the same utterly amateur Voice Over tell me something is good in the Exact Same Monotone about how something is horrible.
Speaking as someone who has had Voice Over training, so YES I could do better.... about 1,000,000 percent.  :D
Not a make or break for me, just very annoying.

Nepotism? How is Nepotism involved?'

You can turn them off. There's an Operator Voice setting.

IN FACT -the crazy part with me is I DIDNT KNOW THEY EXISTED. I had somehow turned them off LONG before I even started Second Dream so It was some time after TWW when I noticed there was an option turned off. I turned it on and began hearing my operator for the first time in normal missions.

Edited by BetaNoire