Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Commanders Are Anti-Fun

Shadebain

Especially when they spawn with two or three in a group, and just teleport you around constantly.

It isn't that they're particularly difficult, they are just tedious and annoying to deal with. They're Grineer Rollers that not only CC you constantly, but throw you under stairs, into walls and doors, and into mobs of countless enemies.

DE, please, rethink this enemy type.

It's not engaging, and it's not fun.

Edited by Shadebain

I was bored and messed around with my Excalifun

He teleported me into the center of a pack of mooks; then I pressed 4 and was quite entertained by the sight of half a dozen javelin-propelled mooks (one of them flew some 40 meters away on my rocket javelin)

Feels more like Good Guy Commander

More than "not fun", the Commander - to me - is just pointless.

Ok, he teleports you in the middle of his group of Grineers, but he also suicides by teleporting himself in the middle of the Tennos. And plus, of course, he's very very annoying. What the hell? I'd rather prefer a tougher unith with heavier weapons and harder shields instead of the current setup of abilities/weapons.

Edited by Krotalon

I've had plenty of times when the commander would teleport me when I was playing a squishy frame right next to a scorch. That sucked, but was fun because I actually went "Oh crap" and had a challenge.

True, they can be boring and pointless at times, but if they spawned with the right accompanying units, such as a scorch or heavy gunner, they can be a nice challenge.

Edited by Tsukinoki

It's the same reason they are unhappy with perma-stagger infested. It takes control away from the player. The video game stops becoming a video game, and quickly turns into a terrible movie.

But beyond that, the unit is pointless and doesn't really fit in well with the Grineer, and is more frustrating than fun, especially at high levels. Being switch teleported at high levels usually means instant death, which is not fun at all. Quite the opposite actually.

Let alone the countless times I am just chain teleported by two Commanders, back and forth, until someone on my team (God forbid I am playing solo) manages to kill one. It's just unnecessary. 

I cannot help but think that this would actually be a problem if not for the fact that Commanders have a cooldown on their switch teleport.

Anyway! It'd be nice if all commanders didn't have the same abilities. For instance: One commander has Switch teleport, another one gets the Volt's shield and another could get the Mag's shield drain / buff skill. That'd make the Commander encounters a hell of a lot more interesting without removing the challenge.

My two credits.

More than "not fun", the Commander - to me - is just pointless.

Ok, he teleports you in the middle of his group of Grineers, but he also suicides by teleporting himself in the middle of the Tennos. And plus, of course, he's very very annoying. What the hell? I'd rather prefer a tougher unith with heavier weapons and harder shields instead of the current setup of abilities/weapons.

Hell, if you're running solo and run into a group of commanders like the OP (or wait long enough) they'll actually just teleport you out of the group they just teleported you into, hell, I've had them teleport me into cover.

Pointless is a good way to describe it. As-is, they just teleport you as frequently as possible, regardless of circumstance, how silly It is, how little sense it makes, etc.

Hell, I'm surprised the guy's own troops don't shoot him when he pulls his stunt "Oh, yeah, that guy who's been hacking all of you into unrecognizable chunk with an axe the size of a car hood? I'm going to leave him here with you while I go over there, kthxbye!"

If nothing else, reduce the numbers they spawn in. It's kinda ridiculous when there's more commanders in the room than grunts.

Hell, if you're running solo and run into a group of commanders like the OP (or wait long enough) they'll actually just teleport you out of the group they just teleported you into, hell, I've had them teleport me into cover.

Pointless is a good way to describe it. As-is, they just teleport you as frequently as possible, regardless of circumstance, how silly It is, how little sense it makes, etc.

Hell, I'm surprised the guy's own troops don't shoot him when he pulls his stunt "Oh, yeah, that guy who's been hacking all of you into unrecognizable chunk with an axe the size of a car hood? I'm going to leave him here with you while I go over there, kthxbye!"

If nothing else, reduce the numbers they spawn in. It's kinda ridiculous when there's more commanders in the room than grunts.

Seconded, I just ran a level 3 mercury mission and I met 3 commanders in 3 consecutive rooms. I think this is crazy.

For the damage they do to you, in both melee and ranged, and the damage it takes to actually kill one, I call overpowered for level 3.