The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Now Dull , And Not Rewarding Enough . Get A Squad For A Far More Easy Game.

Parias-Ilota

I have been farming  Ceres, nuovo nightmare solo for the last 6 hours with out any decent drops failing to getting blaze, doesn't help your making trolling post.

The game need REAL challenge and it needs to be scaled appropriately, that is why do I not paly in parties often it actual makes the game have some risk and requires more skill than just hitting the 4 key when solo. The game is so easy that in parties I have no motivation whatsoever to play past one mission and nearly everyone is running XIN against the dumbest faction in game.

The game needs serious work and I am sick of the entire point of the game just farm gear go to xin run for keys add infinity. They need to get rid of the grind of killing dumb aim bots in swarms and try something that require stagey and is not reliant on an endless grind.

The current mess they made of the lower planets level 10-30 requires a revision ASAP and shouldn't be left as is for more than a week.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty

Try other games.

This game was always like this. And it's not going to get much different.

Btw, I have Blaze :D

Got it in my 30th Nightmare run :D

giDVN9A.png

And this just now :D

5x5jlJi.jpg

And this yesterday :D

Edited by Mr.Pava

Try other games.

If they do not fix the lower level planets when they are as messed up as they are game is guaranteed to die as new player quit. I am playing solo I have the gear I want and all warframes do you think it will effect me if the lower levels like earth mission are messed up? I am mainly keeping up with this topic because vindictus was so NOOB unfriendly it stoped being profitable at all.

Edited by LazyKnight

Try other games.

How long have you been playing this game Pava? One month? Two? Six?

I and some of the other people who think U9 overshot reasonable difficulty have been playing since closed beta. The game was not always like this.

Stop your toxic behavior and being a showoff. No one cares about your elitist opinion, no one cares about you.

YOU should go play something other than warframe, cuz none of the 70 people backing the OP give a damn about your elitist voyeurism, for lack of a better word. These 70 people, and many more, care about WARFRAME becoming a fun game.

You're an arrogant little man with no self-esteem or regard for others and you deserve to go grind your mods for an eternity until you can nuke a level 1000 enemy in one shot. 

And no one will care.

Edited by Destro6677

Try other games.

Btw, I have Blaze :D

Got it in my 30th Nightmare run :D

giDVN9A.png

And this just now :D

5x5jlJi.jpg

And this yesterday :D

!!! CURSE YOU YOU HAVE FLOW!  One of only 4 non event mods I'm missing :(  Just won't drop for me T_T

I and some of the other people who think U9 overshot reasonable difficulty have been playing since closed beta. The game was not always like this.

Stop your toxic behavior and being a showoff. No one cares about your elitist opinion, no one cares about you.

You're a little man with no self-esteem or regard for others and you deserve to go grind your mods for an eternity until you can nuke a level 1000 enemy in one shot. YOU should go play something other than warframe, cuz none of the 70 people backing the OP give a damn about your elitist voyeurism, for lack of a better word.

And no one will care.

Well, the game wasn't always like this I agree but you have to admit difficulty in closed beta (assuming your referring to old mod system era) was a joke at frame/weapon level 15 with a tater or 30 without. Increasing overall difficulty I'm ok with but scaling for lower level planets, and methodology for difficulty are the primary issues I have with the new system.  Nightmare is a good direction, I'm O.K. with this.  But T3 Defense against a wall of sponges just gets boring :v

On another note - no need for that kind of venom man o___o relax.  Let's keep these forums nice

!!! CURSE YOU YOU HAVE FLOW!  One of only 4 non event mods I'm missing :(  Just won't drop for me T_T

hihihi :P i would give you this one cuz you're nice and i've a spare one xD

Well, the game wasn't always like this I agree but you have to admit difficulty in closed beta (assuming your referring to old mod system era) was a joke at frame/weapon level 15 with a tater or 30 without. Increasing overall difficulty I'm ok with but scaling for lower level planets, and methodology for difficulty are the primary issues I have with the new system.  Nightmare is a good direction, I'm O.K. with this.  But T3 Defense against a wall of sponges just gets boring :v

On another note - no need for that kind of venom man o___o relax.  Let's keep these forums nice

nevermind them xD That's why this thread ain't going nowhere. 

YOU should go play something other than warframe, cuz none of the 70 people backing the OP give a damn about your elitist voyeurism, for lack of a better word. These 70 people, and many more, care about WARFRAME becoming a fun game.

You're an arrogant little man with no self-esteem or regard for others and you deserve to go grind your mods for an eternity until you can nuke a level 1000 enemy in one shot. 

And no one will care.

I don't really know for how long i play this and what does that even matter?

Just means that i actually know more about it then you.

At the moment I am actually playing borderlands 2, a nice little game, you should try it some day.

Actually people seem to care with what i say and all that. 

Just because I am awesome are you're not.

You get your juices flowing to fast and your brain cells start committing suicide. Stop being so nervous about a damn game. 

Actually, get out of your room and go meet a girl and keep calm.

Red the post topic, didn't read rest, will give my thoughts on his complaint.

I stopped playing after updates in 8 since i was bored of not doing anything but mowing down 120+ enemies in my rhino with ease.
Checked update 9, seen bugs, said hi to the clan, and didn't start for another 3 days knowing the whole hot-fix pattern going on.
Now i'm playing since i'm seeing some new content, these double mods, idea is far fetched but if they generate enough of these, make them expensive u will have to branch out and have more focused builds without filling all your slots or barely due to low number (if unformed).
I still solo like an animal , laughing at the perma iron and new power buff that makes my paris shoot better than ever, thanks for making a one skill out of 2, its same repetitive mowing of enemies, but with a twist.

I await combat mechanics, combos, actual purpose of what we are doing as tenno or expansion of universe, till then nothing is difficult if u have formed, potatoed frame, mele that hits 200 with a potato and 3 forms, and a good burst dmg gun with potato and 2-3 forms.
Frames that were capable of soloing every mission still can, its just more tough on those who either don't move well enough, don't use skill in proper manner, don't use cover etc. 
This is not a tanking the damage game, u get one-hit if you get caught off guard from an angry mob on any higher def level (mob lvl 150-200), there is no tanks in this game, there are skills that you can use in different way portraying the purpose of the frame. after lvl100 mobs show up every frame starts to get fragile if shot upon or worst case scenario knocked down -.- (gotta love corpus lazor-doors when they get u pants down :D on the ground in front of 2-3 moas and few crewmen chatting ).

Either way, may be rambling, i see no difference, i solo nightmare, i solo bosses, i solo alerts, only thing i cant solo is a reactor defence and thats it

Edited by Palamudin

I don't really care what others think.

Its obvious that you do.  If you didn't care, you would have no motive for engaging at all.  Your post "still no one cares" was a rather pathetic cry for attention after all, you must agree.

And now that you have attention, you've been steering conversation more and more to being about you and you're opinions.  I think its safe to say you care more about what others think than most people, especially when you see an opportunity to make something unrelated to your opinion "suddenly all about" your opinion.

You could prove me wrong by just not posting anymore.  What are the odds of that?

Its obvious that you do.  If you didn't care, you would have no motive for engaging at all.  Your post "still no one cares" was a rather pathetic cry for attention after all, you must agree.

And now that you have attention, you've been steering conversation more and more to being about you and you're opinions.  I think its safe to say you care more about what others think than most people, especially when you see an opportunity to make something unrelated to your opinion "suddenly all about" your opinion.

You could prove me wrong by just not posting anymore.  What are the odds of that?

You have quite an imagination.

Gotta give ya credit for it.

But nah. Look, i post whenever i want when i want with what i want to.

If someone just tells me "you should leave and stop posting" or whatever.

That's when i do it most. Too many people think that they are in charge.

I'm just gettin all your juices flowing by just saying that I don't give a damn about you and your pathetic opinions on:

"How this game is sooooo hard!!" *cries*

Edited by Mr.Pava

If after all this questions and answers one thing hasn't been spoken clearly trough all that text i will say it loud and clear.

Having a potatoed gear is a MUST (depending on frames some may pull out even with proper forming for actual effect).
If you haven't had a proper maxed frame, with maxed weapon for the purpose (infested/greenier/corpus) you should not complain about not being able to solo high levels/missions/voids.

Game is easy with good build, a good build takes really some time playing. If you cannot motivate yourself to pursue endgame (i mean if u don't have patience to grind) change game or donate.

Hope its not a repost of someones repost said 15 times already,  its a long thread and a lot of flames heating the discussion :)

Edited by Palamudin

Game is easy with good build, a good build takes really some time playing.

I understand where you're coming from but try this scenario:

You've just installed Warframe, chosen your frame (a Loki, in this instance) and clicked Terminus for your first mission. Suddenly you're in a corridoor with the mini map showing green dots going one way at warp speed, enemies everywhere that can kill you with 2 shots when they don't do it in one, and no clue as to what you're there for or which way to go. 

Ok, it's not a scenario, it happened. Last night, when a friend of ours installed the game on our recommendation. His very first mission and it put him in a high-level mission with enemies scaled to the host, not to a new player, with no mission instructions since they only get said at the start, and no clue where he was or what to do. 

[sarcasm] For some reason, he doesn't WANT to go online play anymore.[/sarcasm]

So my wife took him round Terminus, showing him the gameplay etc. Still had trouble with the scaling as we don't have unranked kit anymore, but she was expecting that and basically she killed the heavier enemies and left the grunts to him. If she'd not done that he'd have been unlikely to continue. Now, he's looking at getting some plat for a new frame, maybe some weapons, and is having a great time headshotting bad guys. He's an experienced gamer, just new to this one.

The thing is getting thrown into combat in that way is like learning to swim with lead boots on. THAT is why solo is important, the levels actually reflect your capability, not that of the highest current player

Just a quick translation for the rest of the folks :P

You're terrible at reading.

If after all this questions and answers one thing hasn't been spoken clearly trough all that text i will say it loud and clear.

Having a potatoed gear is a MUST (depending on frames some may pull out even with proper forming for actual effect).

If you haven't had a proper maxed frame, with maxed weapon for the purpose (infested/greenier/corpus) you should not complain about not being able to solo high levels/missions/voids.

Game is easy with good build, a good build takes really some time playing. If you cannot motivate yourself to pursue endgame (i mean if u don't have patience to grind) change game or donate.

Hope its not a repost of someones repost said 15 times already,  its a long thread and a lot of flames heating the discussion :)

We like it. But they don't get it.

Mr. Pava, please, stop. I'm actually in favour of the new difficulty, excluding some of the brick walls placed in front of new players, but acting like there are no problems and that everyone should be able to easily solo the game is just condescending.

Ok some input from a beginner.

Mercury IS fixed, i have had less spawns, no heavys or shield lancers since last hotfix

In a group, i think they still occur.
Levels are the 1-4. Fine for new players.

I am building up some aggro that all progress is hindered by defence maps.
this is strange. Defence is imo much harder solo or otherwise.

So why must i defend a map pn a world i have never been to in order to get to a boss?
Would sabotage, or exterminate not be more fitting?

Earth and Saturn are more of a challenge for me and i die often.
The wall is rescources to build. Jupiter is to hard at present and i feel i MUST have better weapons.
but farming is slow, and a failed mission or disconnected = i loose all.

A important q for all vets; is it fun to be so good that nothing challenging for me, is laughable to you?
Where do you get your fun in wf? What needs to chang

Proving you can solo, really doesnt help me.

An d rushers, lagg, spawn count etc mean solo is simetimes the only choice.

I'm with you here, defense blockades are a huge issue for new players. As a vet I find them difficult. As for the challenge of the game, when I was new, I had trouble too, the only real difference is that back then the 2nd and 3rd planets were the same level of difficult. Now there's actually a progression going on and if you replay Venus and Earth until you feel confident, you should be ok. Basically if you spend as much time on the "easy" levels as players from U7 onwards did, then you'll be ok.

Getting new weapons shouldn't be much of an issue for now, most of the good stuff is mastery locked. Try Braton, Aklato and Cronus. Those babies served me pretty well back on my first run. Once you get to the point that you can easily take Jupiter, try for a Boltor.

Mr. Pava, please, stop. I'm actually in favour of the new difficulty, excluding some of the brick walls placed in front of new players, but acting like there are no problems and that everyone should be able to easily solo the game is just condescending.

Of course that there are problems. I still did not hear that the game was finished.

I got teased :P

I still love ya.

That input you just quoted says it all and probably it's all going to get patched/tweaked this week as pretty much everything else that the community rants about. Why does someone even need to solo defense? Why? Doing in a group until wave 5 and leaving gets the level unlocked and players can proceed their solo quest. Whats so hard there?

I understand where you're coming from but try this scenario:

You've just installed Warframe, chosen your frame (a Loki, in this instance) and clicked Terminus for your first mission. Suddenly you're in a corridoor with the mini map showing green dots going one way at warp speed, enemies everywhere that can kill you with 2 shots when they don't do it in one, and no clue as to what you're there for or which way to go. 

Ok, it's not a scenario, it happened. Last night, when a friend of ours installed the game on our recommendation. His very first mission and it put him in a high-level mission with enemies scaled to the host, not to a new player, with no mission instructions since they only get said at the start, and no clue where he was or what to do. 

[sarcasm] For some reason, he doesn't WANT to go online play anymore.[/sarcasm]

So my wife took him round Terminus, showing him the gameplay etc. Still had trouble with the scaling as we don't have unranked kit anymore, but she was expecting that and basically she killed the heavier enemies and left the grunts to him. If she'd not done that he'd have been unlikely to continue. Now, he's looking at getting some plat for a new frame, maybe some weapons, and is having a great time headshotting bad guys. He's an experienced gamer, just new to this one.

The thing is getting thrown into combat in that way is like learning to swim with lead boots on. THAT is why solo is important, the levels actually reflect your capability, not that of the highest current player

Funny.. cause enemies dont scale to your levels. terminus is always the same level enemies, and there are NEVER any heavies. and they certianly dont 1 shot you.  i call total bullS#&$ on that story. sorry. it just doesn't happen. he doesnt have the rest of mercury unlocked so its impossible he got into nightmare mode, plus its disabled for mercury.

Funny.. cause enemies dont scale to your levels. terminus is always the same level enemies, and there are NEVER any heavies. and they certianly dont 1 shot you.  i call total bullS#&$ on that story. sorry. it just doesn't happen. he doesnt have the rest of mercury unlocked so its impossible he got into nightmare mode, plus its disabled for mercury.

i think the thing here is that he WASN`T on terminus... that he got yanked into a high level mission because 2 out of 4 chose that one, he chose terminus, and the 4th guy picked his nose...

i think the thing here is that he WASN`T on terminus... that he got yanked into a high level mission because 2 out of 4 chose that one, he chose terminus, and the 4th guy picked his nose...

How did he get somewhere else? First mission, he clicks Terminus - only one open. If he could be "yanked into a high level mission because 2 out of 4 chose that one" then that is a bloody stupid flaw! How is a new player supposed to cope with that?

As for enemies scaling, yes they do. They definitely get harder with better ranked kit. I have seen it myself.

Wow I call BS on that. I was the person who took my friend around Terminus and M Prime. I had a nova and some other nice stuff and am now mastery 2 (we did actually buy some platinum when it was 75% off and holy gods bought frames and weapons are like night and day compared to newb items!!!!!!!!!!)

There was way too many enemies for a single player or new person to fight. Seriously, even being scaled for 2 people if we'd both been new (as I was only a week ago) we'd have used all 4 lives. My friend is an experienced gamer (FAR more so than me tbh) and was saying how little instruction was given. He didn't know the Online button could be changed to Private (there's no instruction on that) so his first mission was swamped as he joined someone else who were higher rank (they all had sentinels for one thing - they are not newb items) who rushed away to the goal and then exit while he was left behind to respawning enemies ready for a group. He died a few times and would have quit if I hadn't told him. 

There needs better instructions as he did't even know how to run/crouch (jump and wasd he figured :p )

It's already been stated they are now levelling even the easy missions to your level. Perhaps if he'd been solo (impossible if you don't know the Online/Private etc) he'd have had a chance. But the engine must be averaging. Have a high and a low level? Let's put the enemies in the middle. Hey let's add a newbie to lower the difficulty! It's not hard to follow the logic. 

I have to agree with this to an extent, the game was tolerable and fun, now it's more annoying then fun..I'm currently re-leveling my guns(there high enough to hold the majority of all my damage mods) but even in the lower rank missions it's taking me close to 2 hours to finish a mission with the constant stream of endless enemies, I mean I literally can't walk a few steps without getting bombarded again by tons more enemies and then I start running out of ammo. Before I enjoyed my time because the game provided a fun and challenging experience by sending waves of trash mobs and then a frequent tougher group and did this throughout(it was scaled and balanced well) meanwhile I could go find resources and explore and the encounters where manageable, however now I think in my head forget it, as my ammo dwindles and mind you I have ammo capacity mods and good damage mods on my guns, I just run for the exit. As of tonight 7/21/2013 I went into a Rank 14-14 Grineer level 4 difficulty defense mission and was defeated quickly, they were coming in from all directions(my head was spinning) tried again made it passed wave 1, then was defeated because the item I was defending wasn't even regenning fast enough...I'm like the WTF? I do have a clan, but there was nobody on, but honestly I prefer to go into missions on my own, I work 7 days a week, so I can go at my own pace, enjoy myself and log off when I start getting tired, but now that's not even an option, I believe in this game which is why I spend money on it and became a founder but it seems it's catering to more of a hardcore player type, as opposed to the casual player I am, and even though I'm a casual player doesn't mean I'm a noob or can't play well but it does mean when you have a good formula for a better balanced game at first and then scale it to make it ridiculously challenging and unmanageable and no fun then you start losing your core base players that got you were you are...that's my opinion though.

Edited by jester15x

Red the post topic, didn't read rest, will give my thoughts on his complaint.

I stopped playing after updates in 8 since i was bored of not doing anything but mowing down 120+ enemies in my rhino with ease.

Checked update 9, seen bugs, said hi to the clan, and didn't start for another 3 days knowing the whole hot-fix pattern going on.

Now i'm playing since i'm seeing some new content, these double mods, idea is far fetched but if they generate enough of these, make them expensive u will have to branch out and have more focused builds without filling all your slots or barely due to low number (if unformed).

I still solo like an animal , laughing at the perma iron and new power buff that makes my paris shoot better than ever, thanks for making a one skill out of 2, its same repetitive mowing of enemies, but with a twist.

I await combat mechanics, combos, actual purpose of what we are doing as tenno or expansion of universe, till then nothing is difficult if u have formed, potatoed frame, mele that hits 200 with a potato and 3 forms, and a good burst dmg gun with potato and 2-3 forms.

Frames that were capable of soloing every mission still can, its just more tough on those who either don't move well enough, don't use skill in proper manner, don't use cover etc. 

This is not a tanking the damage game, u get one-hit if you get caught off guard from an angry mob on any higher def level (mob lvl 150-200), there is no tanks in this game, there are skills that you can use in different way portraying the purpose of the frame. after lvl100 mobs show up every frame starts to get fragile if shot upon or worst case scenario knocked down -.- (gotta love corpus lazor-doors when they get u pants down :D on the ground in front of 2-3 moas and few crewmen chatting ).

Either way, may be rambling, i see no difference, i solo nightmare, i solo bosses, i solo alerts, only thing i cant solo is a reactor defence and thats it

Dude, you have a fully decked out Rhino.  Come back with a Rank 0 Excalibur, a unranked Mk-1 Braton and Lato, and don't forget your Skana.  And maybe, and only maybe then, will we take your posts serious.  Now, along with Mr. Pava, you're nothing but a waste of time.

Sorry I want MORE enemies not less, makes the game even easier than it is now and make me level even slower? No thanks.

Nightmare is just the level for you then!  DE really needs to make it a toggle you can choose.

Edited by Nagisawa