The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Now Dull , And Not Rewarding Enough . Get A Squad For A Far More Easy Game.

Parias-Ilota

Hmm, I didn't notice any change in enemy numbers, 150-300 kills per mission on account of massive spawns was the norm for me back in early update 8. As fo the ability to do the big 3; Eris, Ceres, Pluto, that's not a bad thing. The enemy level is effectively the difficulty slider in this game so attempting to do the highest level missions in the game and complaining about finding them too difficult is like starting up Halo, playing on legendary and complaining that it's too difficult and legendary difficulty should be easier. The only things that those high level planets offer are specific bosses and increased difficulty. Everything else is the same on the lower levels so just play at a level you're comfortable with.

Also as a side-note, since update 9 I started a new suit and weapon set from scratch using only mods I picked up along the way, I haven't encountered anything super difficult and I just finished Jupiter which goes up to 30-35 on it's toughest mission.

Short Version: The early game difficulty is fine and the endgame 3 planets are for experienced players. If you do not count yourself an experienced player, don't play them. It's the equivelant of turning a game to the highest difficulty and wondering why it's not suited for beginners.

Yeah, but if you want Banshee Helmet, or T2 keys which give you rewards to help you become an "experienced player" you're pretty much forced into something like Xini.

Because oh no, we couldn't possibly give keys to anything less than Lv50, could we? God Forbid you do Lv20-30 content to get keys to go into Void Levels that are 20-30...well ok, I think T2 goes up to more like 50, but isn't really any higher than 50.

And EARLY Difficulty is OK... however, midgame is all screwed up. The difficulty takes a giant spike from lv10-ish content to Lv15-20 content, when they start throwing disruptors, napalms, and commanders at you all the sudden when the newbie isn't going to be aware/prepared for this stuff..

Read the post.

I did read it. You never said what doesn't make it a fair challenge. All you said was that you needed leveled mods and that enemies don't have intelligent AI. I didn't hear unfair in that, unless you think "fair" would be the equivalent of doing all content without mods? Which is unfair in the other direction.

I was about to make a similar topic. I finally got the BP for bronco prime and found out I needed 10 orokin cells because I didn't have the foresight to farm up 100 of them during the drop rate blitz. Doing this solo is now an unbelievable chore. As early as ruk's level almost every enemy in a grineer map is apparently replaced by two elite lancers, not a single regular lancer in sight but every damn room had at least ten elites. Know what's fun? Elite lancers who have aimbot quality aim with their @(*()$ grakatas and can take your shields and health down from full to zero in a second (I timed this S#&$, literally one second) if you dare stop moving to try and clear a path. Bonus points if they spawned in within hugging distance behind you after you manage to clear the room.

So what used to be a fun game, even farming annoyingly rare resources wasn't bad, now becomes this slow obnoxious diceroll as I get shot to death trying to navigate these god awful new grineer rooms and guys on the other side of massive chambers still manage to snipe me with their guns perfectly. Guns that when we use them, are unbelievably inaccurate.

DE needs to decide how they want this game to be played already. On one hand they punish people who rush, on the other hand they make nightmare mode which will murder people conditioned by regular gameplay. Sudden gameplay changes are the second worst thing to do in game design, the worst thing being taking away player control. DE, every update shakes my faith in you. Combining all this with all the changes that make this game extremely new-player unfriendly, its a recipe for disaster and death for warframe.

I was about to make a similar topic. I finally got the BP for bronco prime and found out I needed 10 orokin cells because I didn't have the foresight to farm up 100 of them during the drop rate blitz. Doing this solo is now an unbelievable chore. As early as ruk's level almost every enemy in a grineer map is apparently replaced by two elite lancers, not a single regular lancer in sight but every damn room had at least ten elites. Know what's fun? Elite lancers who have aimbot quality aim with their @(*()$ grakatas and can take your shields and health down from full to zero in a second (I timed this S#&$, literally one second) if you dare stop moving to try and clear a path. Bonus points if they spawned in within hugging distance behind you after you manage to clear the room.

Elite Lancers use the newly-buffed Burston, not the Grakata.

Which is even worse.

And aren't the constant Napalms so much fun? Yay for an enemy that can hit you no matter how badly it misses you and shear off half of your shields, yeah that's SO Much fun, to get hit with an unavoidable attack....

I miss the days when Heavy Gunners were the "Heavy Grineer Approaching" rather than these stupid Napalm guys.

Oh, and the Flameblades seem to be doing ridiculous damage these days.

Most fun I have ever had was the last wave of the T3 Defense and the level 130 corrupts we had to melee down because we were all out of ammo.

Can't tell if sarcasm or serious.

If Serious...

You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Elite Lancers use the newly-buffed Burston, not the Grakata.

Which is even worse.

And aren't the constant Napalms so much fun? Yay for an enemy that can hit you no matter how badly it misses you and shear off half of your shields, yeah that's SO Much fun, to get hit with an unavoidable attack....

I miss the days when Heavy Gunners were the "Heavy Grineer Approaching" rather than these stupid Napalm guys.

Oh, and the Flameblades seem to be doing ridiculous damage these days.

I haven't even seen a flameblade in a while, and heavy gunners are one in a dozen. Its just ungodly swarms of elite lancers. Like some times I open a door into a hall, and there's just 50+ of them packed so tightly into that hall they're clipping through the walls and eachother. Then without any aim time or anything they all start firing, I don't think they even have to reload do they? The only time heavy gunners even show up is when I'm trying to rush to the exit with no energy left and they can get a cheap knock-down on me even though I blasted past them 30 seconds ago.

I really want to know why DE insists on making grineer the least fun faction to fight.

Ive enjoyed the progression of the difficulty.  Most fun I have ever had was the last wave of the T3 Defense and the level 130 corrupts we had to melee down because we were all out of ammo.

I think he is serious, and there is definitely a need for insane difficulty like this. But not everyone should be forced into an insanely hard solo of mobile/ defense just because the stats were adjusted for team play. And even after adjustment, the mobs take as much effort to kill in U9 when you're with 3 other guys who play well, as they did in U8 solo mode.

Contrast this with U8 mobile/defense where it was more people, harder mobs. People died and had to be revived from the sheer numbers. Although we didn't have to worry about the pod getting smashed.

Imo, it should be the other way around, more people, harder to kill the mobs. Not more people makes the mobs easier.

Edited by Destro6677

right, read it. brains pretty #*($%%@ atm so bear with any stupid.  first! i agree, this S#&$ is getting really tough at the higher levels but before we could walk over them like they werent there. they needed a buff, it was just overshot a bit. second! idk bout you but i can solo fine. i also however, never run a mission without at least one weapon i am confident i can kill everything with, usually heavy melee.  i also dont try to run harder S#&$ with a new frame, that doesnt work ever, even before the npc buffs.  i also get at least a 200% vitality/redirection on the thing before i let myself solo anything.

any@(*()$way i agree the not-infested ai oughta have some sort of tactics to follow, throwing a heavy gunner out and alone is just gonna get her killed. quickly. with much prejudice. as for limiting the number of enemies that come at you, that is counterintuitive to having ai intelligent enough to make tactical decisions.  of course you could make the game spawn squads every now and again but that isnt nearly as fluid as having the people that do spawn come together to make a dangerous group. of course, making squads like that would be almost pointless since two things: melee and press 4 to win. (infested are dumb at a spaceship stage, they get brains as a whole, not an individual.)

one other blurb is all frames can be overpowered used properly, it just so happens that frost/nyx shine more easily than others with both of their third being fantastic defensive abilities. rhino? idk they made his ult too ulty or something i would figure it shouldnt do as much damage as it does so as to have the team use the stasis ability it has. all of the original frames are still being worked on to match the gameplay that is now much more apparent than on paper.

bonus!: name any 3 weapons and a frame and i will use only them and only whatever mods i obtain with them til i reach a point where i can no longer use them for content or i reach the end of the basic planet system on solo.

i would appreciate it if you dont pick something like grakata, spectra and ceramic dagger just out of spite.

(this is for op btw)

i will run everything, including bosses but excluding defense(mobile and endless), from terminus to the end of pluto or wherever the new maxed S#&$ is.

[if i already have a weapon/frame and leveled i will max it out then forma it with a blank polarity, as well i will ignore any potatoes already inside them and base builds as if they did not have one, will also pretend i did not use the initial platinum intelligently and assume i spent it on color packs or something instead of two potatoes. if i do not have a weapon/frame i will make it]

Oh jesus , you should come back later and read it, because you are too drunk to stay in this post. haha

Read the post.

im not drunk, i just got out of a surgerything and got home, the anesthesia is still @(*()$ with me

Edited by Delano

I did read it. You never said what doesn't make it a fair challenge. All you said was that you needed leveled mods and that enemies don't have intelligent AI. I didn't hear unfair in that, unless you think "fair" would be the equivalent of doing all content without mods? Which is unfair in the other direction.

You didnt. Read it again.

Hmm, I didn't notice any change in enemy numbers, 150-300 kills per mission on account of massive spawns was the norm for me back in early update 8. As fo the ability to do the big 3; Eris, Ceres, Pluto, that's not a bad thing. The enemy level is effectively the difficulty slider in this game so attempting to do the highest level missions in the game and complaining about finding them too difficult is like starting up Halo, playing on legendary and complaining that it's too difficult and legendary difficulty should be easier. The only things that those high level planets offer are specific bosses and increased difficulty. Everything else is the same on the lower levels so just play at a level you're comfortable with.

Also as a side-note, since update 9 I started a new suit and weapon set from scratch using only mods I picked up along the way, I haven't encountered anything super difficult and I just finished Jupiter which goes up to 30-35 on it's toughest mission.

Short Version: The early game difficulty is fine and the endgame 3 planets are for experienced players. If you do not count yourself an experienced player, don't play them. It's the equivelant of turning a game to the highest difficulty and wondering why it's not suited for beginners.

So i should stop playing in jupiter and go back to play Mercury , Venus and Saturn ? sounds like fair. 70% of more content for hardcore dedicated players that happened to have maxed their stuff before this update. Good luck out there. if you ever happen to notice how much will decrease the numbers of players and the numbers of parties for missions , dont worry , its just because the players are not worthy of this godlike game.

"bonus!: name any 3 weapons and a frame and i will use only them and only whatever mods i obtain with them til i reach a point where i can no longer use them for content or i reach the end of the basic planet system. (this is for op)"

If you want to suffer. MK1-Braton (i was about to say Gorgon but it would be an inhuman torture , and oh , Paris!) , Aklato , Kogake , and Ember. taking away the fire rate mods and elemental damage mods.

oh and to make it more toxic. dont overuse the cover and make it stylish , like it should be, doing parkour and all tha crazy S#&$ that was meant for the game to be used. enjoy your hell. oh and tell me how much did it took you. EVERYTHING IN SOLO.

Edited by Gem145

"bonus!: name any 3 weapons and a frame and i will use only them and only whatever mods i obtain with them til i reach a point where i can no longer use them for content or i reach the end of the basic planet system. (this is for op)"

If you want to suffer. MK1-Braton (i was about to say Gorgon but it would be an inhuman torture) , Aklato , Kogake , and Ember. taking away the fire rate mods and elemental damage mods.

oh and to make it more toxic. dont overuse the cover and make it stylish , like it should be, doing parkour and all tha crazy S#&$ that was meant for the game to be used. enjoy your hell. oh and tell me how much did it took you.

see thats just a bunch of spite because you think i'm @(*()$ with you, but yeah ill give that a shot. and like i said no mods except for what i get with the stuff mentioned :> not gonna ignore mods i get with them.so if i happen to find S#&$ i like i will use it. guess ill go for not using parkour unless i have to to get places *shudders at new grineer maps*.  pretending to be a newbie is sortof a pain though XD [oh, didnt think of it but i guess ill include abilities in the mod thing as well]

the point of this? theres two. one: im bored, two: i want to see if playing like that is actually impossible.

if you want to change your selection, say so soon :D (dont say the gorgon, i will trololol to pluto with the gorgon)

You didnt. Read it again.

It's funny because I did. You don't even seem to be able to find where you said it, so you're just going to keep telling me it's there when it's clearly not.

Quote it or shut it.

Dearest OP:

I took a newly-built Frost Prime, a newly-built Sobek and a newly-built Bronco into Venus.  All unranked, no mods, no Sentinel.  Was it difficult?  Yes.  Was it impossible?  No.

Similarly, I used my level 30 Rhino with a garbage mod setup to solo a T3 Exterminate.  I don't think the problem is with the game.

Edited by Vince613

1. This game requires internet connection, the online button is one click away.

2. Solo is not hard except for defense missions because duh.

Now to something constructive: Enemy numbers are integral to the lore and to what the Tenno are. If 5 odd Joes hose you down without a problem then why everyone and their mother are searching for the warframes? Neither me, nor anyone playing the game with me has any problems with solo. None at all. If you roll at 1/4 of the firepower of a full squad you should have a much harder time.

Edited by Rhorge

see thats just a bunch of spite because you think i'm @(*()$ with you, but yeah ill give that a shot. and like i said no mods except for what i get with the stuff mentioned :> not gonna ignore mods i get with them.so if i happen to find S#&$ i like i will use it. guess ill go for not using parkour unless i have to to get places *shudders at new grineer maps*.  pretending to be a newbie is sortof a pain though XD [oh, didnt think of it but i guess ill include abilities in the mod thing as well]

the point of this? theres two. one: im bored, two: i want to see if playing like that is actually impossible.

if you want to change your selection, say so soon :D (dont say the gorgon, i will trololol to pluto with the gorgon)

You do realize he's giving you a fighting chance with Ember right? That aura makes you tanky as hell. Maybe you should do it with Mag instead ;)

that is the way i played it, im dead serious. You back down from this because you know , deeply in your heart that i am right, this game is getting unstable , way too stressing and unforgiving. and time consuming, im not saying this because i dont know how to play a videogame. its going to be bad for WF if it does not know how to balance these kind of things, like @(*()$ now... i mean they are paying for advertising the game.

Also , not making defense missions ? i did those back in U8 with the sweat of my &#! and you are going to back off from that ? no sir, you complete everything and you will tell me how far did you got in the game. IF YOU GET FAR ENOUGH , I WILL DECLARE IT THE DAY OP STOPPED BEING A $&*#^%.

It's funny because I did. You don't even seem to be able to find where you said it, so you're just going to keep telling me it's there when it's clearly not.

Quote it or shut it.

"Making it like serious sam does not make it harder. it makes it tedious , boring and uninspired.

Adding more waves and waves of the same enemies gets you stressed. i felt like i was doing no progress at all whatsoever when i was playing a grineer mission."

just read.

Edited by Gem145

So i should stop playing in jupiter and go back to play Mercury , Venus and Saturn ? sounds like fair. 70% of more content for hardcore dedicated players that happened to have maxed their stuff before this update. Good luck out there. if you ever happen to notice how much will decrease the numbers of players and the numbers of parties for missions , dont worry , its just because the players are not worthy of this godlike game.

Not to mention, if you want materials, you need to solo farm them because nobody wants to open lockers and smash crates, it is all "RUN RUN RUN RUN RIGHT TO THE OBJECTIVE!!!!!"

......too bad you're forced to go to Europa for Control Modules, eh?

Good Freaking Luck trying to get one of those with a group. You need to maximize your chances by smashing crates and opening lockers. But, wait, most groups want to RUSH through everything.

So, this means you need to solo it.

Getting up to where you can reliably solo a Lv35-37 mission takes a lot of grinding and work, especially if you have horrible luck with the mod drops.

It used to be that Control Modules came from Lv25-28 missions which is a considerable notch down.

And then you have Saturn, Jupiter and Mars. All of them Lv25+ content for COMMON materials such as Nano Spores, Plastids, and Salvage. You can't make a lot of weapons in the game until you can solo farm Lv25+ content? *rolls eyes* I remember the good old days when the current vets were able to go to Lv10-20 content and get all of their weapons made.

@Delano:

Here's a loadout I want you to try:

Warframe: Mag. Powers, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rush, Marathon, Quick Rest (choose whatever you can fit). Potato OK, Forma Not OK. Redirection/Vitality/Steel Fiber <R5.

Aura: Anything other than Energy Siphon (because that is so RIDICULOUS to get, I haven't seen an alert for it while I was able to play yet). Rank3 or Less.

Primary: Braton, No Split Chamber, Serration <R5, no Element Damage >R3 except for Piercing Hit (it is OK to max that)

Secondary: Lato or Bolto, no Barrel Diffusion. Same rules as Braton.

Melee: Nothing that requires Plastids, Gallium, Salvage, or Nano Spores to make. No Uncommon/Rare Mod >R3.

No more than 2 Potatoes on weapons.

Let's see how far you get.

Edited by Xylia

that is the way i played it, im dead serious. You back down from this because you know , deeply in your heart that i am right, this game is getting unstable , way too stressing and unforgiving. and time consuming

i will play as i usually do, too hard to change that short of standing there like "no, no dont shoot me. nothing but that. oh no."  not using my resources usually at my disposal? cakewalk. i will not however pretend like i know nothing, when i get mods i can use, i will use them. assuming they fit anyway.

i play with the stuff i enjoy playing, i avoid weapons i dont like and stick to those i can enjoy. i also dont try to play like a jackass who doesnt know what hes doing, i have played a lot of shooters and i would be a fool to not use those experiences to help this one.

i mourn your play experience if you chose not to mod your weapons.

If you can't handle enemies higher than level 20, then yes. If you were capable of handling enemies up to the difficulty that the big 3 provided in update 8 then that only locks you out of the new big 3. I personally have no trouble going through ever mission in succession with unranked equipment, only using mods I picked up while using said loadout. that's how I'e always played, I do this so I can get a good idea of the difficulty curve and how much grinding is actually required. From what I can tell a new player might stop being able to solo enemies without learning new trick or getting better mods around about the end of Earth or mid way through Jupiter/Mars/Saturn difficulty. It's hard to judge becaue I'm obviously more experienced than a new player, but the mods I collected up until that point are adequate for the job. Hell, I've never completed a run like this with multishot on my weapons, not even the firt time I played through, so it's not like those sorts of uber-mods are necessary to get through Europa level content.

So, basically in a co-op game it's entirely possible to solo everything in the game bar defense missions but it is harder than playing with a group. On top of that you can customise your own difficulty to your standards and the mods available are adequate for every level of the game. If you don't like higher difficulty stuff, don't play it. Difficulty level is your choice, if you don't like your current "settings", change them.

@Delano:

Here's a loadout I want you to try:

Warframe: Mag. Powers, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, Rush, Marathon, Quick Rest (choose whatever you can fit). Potato OK, Forma Not OK.

Aura: Anything other than Energy Siphon (because that is so RIDICULOUS to get, I haven't seen an alert for it while I was able to play yet). Rank3 or Less.

Primary: Braton, No Split Chamber, Serration <R5, no Element Damage >R3 except for Piercing Hit (it is OK to max that)

Secondary: Lato or Bolto, no Barrel Diffusion. Same rules as Braton.

Melee: Nothing that requires Plastids, Salvage, or Nano Spores to make. No Uncommon/Rare Mod >R3.

No more than 2 Potatoes on weapons.

Let's see how far you get.

i do believe i said that was for op, and at any rate to choose simply the weapons and a frame. i will use whatever mods i get with this setup and i will assume i start with absolutely nohing, no powers, nothing special. oh right i didnt say it before but im not using either of my sentinels. i also addendumed that im not going to use potatoes on these or if theyre there assume theyre not. (max 30 points blahblah)

also, i have to go max my kogake stopped at like 23 or somehting last i checked. lol

oh and to addendum that, i wont use any auras.

Edited by Delano

If you can't handle enemies higher than level 20, then yes. If you were capable of handling enemies up to the difficulty that the big 3 provided in update 8 then that only locks you out of the new big 3. I personally have no trouble going through ever mission in succession with unranked equipment, only using mods I picked up while using said loadout. that's how I'e always played, I do this so I can get a good idea of the difficulty curve and how much grinding is actually required. From what I can tell a new player might stop being able to solo enemies without learning new trick or getting better mods around about the end of Earth or mid way through Jupiter/Mars/Saturn difficulty. It's hard to judge becaue I'm obviously more experienced than a new player, but the mods I collected up until that point are adequate for the job. Hell, I've never completed a run like this with multishot on my weapons, not even the firt time I played through, so it's not like those sorts of uber-mods are necessary to get through Europa level content.

So, basically in a co-op game it's entirely possible to solo everything in the game bar defense missions but it is harder than playing with a group. On top of that you can customise your own difficulty to your standards and the mods available are adequate for every level of the game. If you don't like higher difficulty stuff, don't play it. Difficulty level is your choice, if you don't like your current "settings", change them.

Xylia has good points , read his comments,  im tired of talking to walls here, bro