Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A primary to replace hek...

(XBOX)MuffinWizrad

Question

So I have my standard build of the hek with all its multishot, the akstilleto prime with multishot and an element (normally magnetic for corpus shields), and venka prime with gas. Hek is for grineer, akstilleto for corpus, venka for infested. Void areas leave something to be desired, but the sheer numbers the weapons can pump out let me get by. It works pretty well on anything i come across.

But since I wanted to broaden my horizons a little, I wanted to know if there was any primary that was comparable in terms of raw killing power to the hek, while still fitting into my build well. I'm sure there is, I just don't know what it is. I heard rumors that when modded perfectly, sybaris prime could 1-shot enemies up to level 61.

But those were just rumors. What's the real word on top-tier, end-game primaries? 

Edited by (XB1)MuffinWizrad

6 answers to this question

You never heard of Tigris Prime? Hek is nothing compared to it. But let the numbers speak for themselves...

Also between Tigris Prime and Hek there is Vaykor Hek (or Sanci Tigris, but why would you do that if you could have Tigris Prime)

But should I tell you some non-shotgun primaries. I would say: Soma Prime, Supra Vandal

PS: did you know you can use Tigris Prime even as a Sniper? Why? Because even with the shotgun damage falloff Tigris Prime still wrecks anything :D

Edited by Doxorn

Holy hell... That's my kinda gun! I guess I can do Soma Prime on the way up through mastery, but... Damn. I'd like to see what happens when you load the Punch Through mod on there...

Alright, I know my long-term goal now. Are there any other rifles or machine guns or such that are good for end-game besides the ones mentioned?

I'm seeing a lot of players running Chroma with an acid shell Sobek. I tried it out on a grineer eximus sortie the other day. Despite the fact that DE do a lot of 'F*** it' logic when it comes to sorties I had a pretty good time with that combination (I also had the syndicate mod on for the extra health boost).

Also note if you get a Tigris Riven you have automatically elevated to god status and have nothing left to fear in the world.

Edited by SanguineSavant

What level are you?  That will help us give advice.  

Regular Hek with the extra Multishot is fine for the entire star chart and beyond.  It's better than the Vaykor Hek until you get the Primed or Acolyte shotgun crit mods.  I used it forever for just about everything.  I'm almost level 24 and it's still my most used weapon at 35 percent.

The Tigris family make great boss killers but aren't as good at mob clearing as the Heks.

Rifles take more rare mods and forma before they perform as well as the shotguns.  I prefer to use bullet hoses these days because aiming is overrated.  Supra is my go to gun.  Hopefully you got the Vandal version a couple months ago.  Ignis Wraith is also quite good and easy to use.  Braton Prime is good, has no MR restrictions, and is easy to get.  Its parts are usually thought of as ducat fodder.

Sybaris Prime perhaps the best single shot/burst type rifle but it takes MR 12.  The Dex version is good too.  It is rereleased every March for the anniversary of Warframe.  The Burston Prime is the burst fire equivalent of the Braton Prime:  good and easy to acquire.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

I'm at mastery rank 8 right now. Working my way up of course, but it's kinda hard to do that fast without paying a lot of real money.

I hadn't tried any of the braton prime or related yet because i lacked info on them and money isn't exactly easy for me to throw around right now.