Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee with Scroll

RavenFearless

Question

So, I was playing around with the keybindings in Warframe last night, and as I had a Logitech G700s mouse, I could make the scroll spin by itself. I changed both the Quick Melee and the Melee Attack to the Scroll down, and then went to equip my Excalibur (I was in the Simulacrum) to try out his EB. I spawned in some enemies, and then spun the scroll. The EB was attacking really fast, (a bit faster than I could spam my E key, not extremely fast, and ofc it had +75% speed with Berserker). I didn't want to risk using it in public, lest I get reported or something, so I decided to ask in Forums whether it's okay to do that. It's not like I'm using an auto-clicker or macro that would spam my melee 10 times a second while I was holding the E key. So, is it okay using my scroll in place of my E key? I would think that DE would of made a restriction for the scroll, to prevent players from using it. But since they didn't, it looks like maybe it would be okay? Please advise. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

If you're attacking fast by simply spinning your scroll wheel around, that's absolutely 100% fine and there's no rule against it.

Rules for macro programs are a bit more ambiguous, but as long as the macros don't play the game for you, they're typically allowed as well.

Scrolling works as a keybind, the only real advantage it gives you is not having to tap it for every attack, meaning you have a better attack rate with the faster melee weapons, which can be easily modded to the point that only a caffeine junkie mainlining Biohazard brand coffee could tap the key fast enough. However, it would make stance combos difficult, at best. Personally, I just use the LMB and RMB binds.