Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Ii And Iii Defense A Little Too Hard.

Soulie

These are the hardest void missions to complete, because having a Vauban and a Frost is mandatory.  It's really tough trying to get a team together to actually beat these, because not everyone has Vauban or Frost.

These are also incredibly long missions.  15-20 waves takes a good 20-30 minutes to complete.  All other void missions take under 10, even exterminates.

I just spent the last half hour just trying to get a team together to run one.  After not being able to find a 4th, we gave up.

Yeah, T2 is OK.

T3 is a bit of a different story.  I'm OK with it being a super-tough, long mission, but really the reward tables should reflect that it's very difficult and time consuming, and kick out anything that's not essentially T3 only.

For my opinion the T3 Defense is still to Easy... and otherwise every noob is running around with the Prime Weapons... just like the old Void.

+ I saw a Video on Youtube 2 PPL were doing T3 and did it without Problems, just cant find it atm.

Edited by Fatalityyy

Let the tactics evolve.  Vauban and Frost and probably there to stay, but you can swap Nyx and Banshee for Mag and Nova and have a blast.

Oh, sure you can switch them out usually. I just dislike how if I want to "get picked" for a T3 defense I need to be a specific warframe.

I've ended up saving all my own mobile def/defense keys for myself to use whenever I get 3 other dedicated friends online to just have fun.

Sure our team of 4 Excaliburs only get up to wave 5, but we had a blast. We'll be doing 4 Mags tonight, I'll be interested to see how ridiculous our Crush cycling will be.

Edited by Sixnalia

i did a T3 defense playing saryn with two frost frames and a trinity.

it was definitely what i would call a harrowing experience.

the last 5 waves we were pretty much all out of ammo and i ran out of boxes on the 2nd to last wave.

the funny part was everyone complaining about my venom causing everyone to lockup because i got the stacks so high.

and with a trinity i could reliably keep ancients that got through stunlocked with miasma until they got killed.

Its NOT Hard omg...

Just get a better Team.

But that's part of the issue.  Getting a team together that can actually beat a TIII defense is a pain by itself. 

Yeah I've beaten one, but I spend 20 minutes getting a team together that had at least 1 Vauban and Frost.  There needs to be a way to win without Vauban and Frost.  Without them, it's impossible.

t3 aint hard did it in 3 ppl team, did it in 4 ppl team... had no problem at all... if ure not strong enough to do it, man up, get stronger and come back later. it is supposed to be harder

Edited by pain4u

But that's part of the issue.  Getting a team together that can actually beat a TIII defense is a pain by itself. 

Yeah I've beaten one, but I spend 20 minutes getting a team together that had at least 1 Vauban and Frost.  There needs to be a way to win without Vauban and Frost.  Without them, it's impossible.

Doesn't change the Fact that it is not Hard.. get a Clan and ur problem is solved.

The main thing I dislike about the defense game type in this game is that there is literally NO feasible way to complete a semi-difficult one without Frost. It can't be done, as the defense object is always way out in the open to be shot at. If it were placed in a defensible position, where actually defending, say, a choke point or section of high ground, was rewarded by NOT necessitating a Frost. Think about it, if you could trap a hallway to hell and back with a Vauban and force enemies to run through it, it'd be rewarding, or if you could trap a cluster of enemies in an enclosed space and gun them down.
Maybe I'm the only one who wants to defend intelligently rather than let a Frost dump a Snow Globe on a pod and go to town without a care in the world, but I sure as hell would enjoy being able to solo a Grineer or Corpus defense mission as anything OTHER than a Frost, as I avoid them like the plague for the time being.

Some clan mates and I were doing T3  and we were doing great...then the frost disconnected and couldn't join. We tried to push on and probably could have finished but not one goddamn enemy dropped an energy orb with 4 waves left. It was essentially a funeral procession (I was Nyx) as I watched my energy bar fall further and further and ran around reviving.

Something similar happened soloing in regular defense. I was fine at first but then had three waves with no energy orbs (starting wave 11 or so). At all. And lost.

If we could get energy to actually ******* be consistent it would be much more manageable.

I agree on the Frost, I don't think that a Vauban is necessary, though. We successfully did a T3 defense with Frost, Rhino, Nova (a rather op Nova, I admitt) and another frame (can't remember which one that was; no Vauban, though) and we didn't have any real problems. I almost ran out of ammo during the last two waves or so, that was all.

Some clan mates and I were doing T3  and we were doing great...then the frost disconnected and couldn't join. We tried to push on and probably could have finished but not one goddamn enemy dropped an energy orb with 4 waves left. It was essentially a funeral procession (I was Nyx) as I watched my energy bar fall further and further and ran around reviving.

Something similar happened soloing in regular defense. I was fine at first but then had three waves with no energy orbs (starting wave 11 or so). At all. And lost.

If we could get energy to actually ******* be consistent it would be much more manageable.

I bet you use a lot of chaos over and over again. Did you tell your team mates NOT to kill enemies that's under the chaos effect unless they are very close to the pod/terminal?  

This is a real problem when playing nyx, people tend to go trigger/ulti happy when they see enemies huddle up and fight each other. What they don't realize is that if there is only one enemy left that's still under chaos, a nyx can't recast chaos until the delay timer is gone (around 23-27 seconds with stretch, continuity).

So here's a few points to understand when playing with Nyx.

- Chaos skill make enemies fight each other

- Enemies under chaos will attract other enemies just like loki's decoy/saryn's molt.

Imagine having 30 decoys/molts that can damage enemies. Would you shoot a decoy/molt if you can damage it?

- Don't get to close to a chaos enemy, they will go aggro on you.

- Kill enemies that are NOT under chaos effect whenever you can.

If there are none be patience and wait for the next spawn or at least 15 -20 seconds for the skill to cool down. 

If other players follow these simple rules i guarantee a nyx can take you to a high wave defense mission / do a t3 defense with ease.

I would not say they are too hard, and I really do appreciate the difficulty, but compared to every other Tower mission, the rewards for the time investment are not really worth it.  A Mobile Defense and Exterminate run can be done in 10 minute and a capture in as low as 4, but Defense requires a 30+ minute investment for what is essentially the same rewards (it does give ample xp, but what good is that when you are required to take fully leveled frames and weapons in order to complete it?).

I would really appreciate it if you looked into a way of condensing the mission without decreasing the difficulty.

Frost is the only required frame, but adding Vauban makes it trivial.

Did it with Frost, Nyx, Nova and err not sure what our 4th was, Saryn I think. It was easy once we figured out we shouldn't run in front of the lasers. My only problem(I was the Nyx) was running out of pistol ammo for my Acrid.

I would not say they are too hard, and I really do appreciate the difficulty, but compared to every other Tower mission, the rewards for the time investment are not really worth it.  A Mobile Defense and Exterminate run can be done in 10 minute and a capture in as low as 4, but Defense requires a 30+ minute investment for what is essentially the same rewards (it does give ample xp, but what good is that when you are required to take fully leveled frames and weapons in order to complete it?).

I would really appreciate it if you looked into a way of condensing the mission without decreasing the difficulty.

Very much this.  The giant problem with T3 Defenses is that the rewards are all available in other mission types, with about the same probability.  For example, I still need the Braton Prime Barrel - last piece I need.  I've got a T3 Defense key, but instead I'm farming for more T3Captures as they end up being far less time sunk for the same chance at the part I need.

T3 Defenses don't need to be easier, but they do desperately need to be either shorter (start at the equivalent of wave 10 and make it a 10 wave defense) or have all non T3 only rewards removed from their table.