The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient secondary- maar

xcatdarkness

Maar Sentient Weapon 2

Maar Sentient Weapon

The Maar, a devastating beam weapon based on sentient tech. 

Maar features adaptive base damage, The first damage mod placed in the weapon will determine its base damage type.

To reload the Maar uses a alt fire charge mod, spinning up each cycle adding to the ammo reward when getting a kill with the charge shot, the longer the charge shot is held the more rewarding it is. (note this mode should be a toggle not a hold alt fire button, so mode swap like Stradavar)

charged shot will also build up a damage multiplier that will build up along side the ammo count the charge will restore on kill.

charged shot is single target and will only hit one enemy regardless of punch through 

passive mode, when holstered the Maar will float opposite to your sentinel shoulder & will fire partly charged shots at enemy's when you are in active combat, it will not fire first if you are in stealth & will priorities the lowest hp target it can see.

disarm condition, if the Maar is forcibly removed from the user it will stun the aggressor and fly back to you.

how its held, the controller is held in hand with the mar floats in front of the hand, used in a similar way to the gammacor.

How it should sound, the beam fire should be a deep rumble, with the charge shot starting at a deep rumble and spinning up to a higher pitched sound, when the shot hits something id like to imagine it sounds similar to the thermal implosion grenade from star wars battle front, only more warframe like.

how it should animate, passively the piece shown up above would rotate slowly,  moving at medium speeds when firing the beam weapon and spinning up to extreme speeds when holding a charge for an extended period of time.

I find the weapon interesting, altough the part where you mention it being taken from the user you mean in cases like Drekkar Masters (or at least the enemy that throws a disc to take your weapon), right? It would make sense given that Sentient weapons are supposed to be special, prime/orokin grade, adaptive weapons (After all the Sentients are formidable beings created by the Orokin), however I don't see DE picking it up, as it would ignore the purpose of the weapon-stealing enemy, but they've made exceptions in the past. Also, the rotation of the parts would be cooler if one was clockwise and the other counter-clockwise, in my opinion.

Other thing is that we might still be far from seeing the first sentient weapon, assuming we're ever gonna have one (or more boldly, seeing **Tau** system infested with Sentients), but even so you might be helping DE in thinking what type of weapon the Sentients must have (Corpus have energy weapons, Grineer have many fire-based weapons, etc.) or at least providing some interesting ideas for their development of sentient weapons, and here I'd say that the keyword is "adaptive", really. Kudos!

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I find the weapon interesting, altough the part where you mention it being taken from the user you mean in cases like Drekkar Masters (or at least the enemy that throws a disc to take your weapon), right? It would make sense given that Sentient weapons are supposed to be special, orokin grade, adaptive weapons (After all the Sentients are formidable beings created by the Orokin), however I don't see DE picking it up, as it would ignore the purpose of the weapon-stealing enemy, but they've made exceptions in the past. 

Other thing is that we might still be far from seeing the first sentient weapon, assuming we're ever gonna have one (or more boldly, seeing **Tau** system infested with Sentients), but even so you might be helping DE in thinking what type of weapon the Sentients must have (Corpus have energy weapons, Grineer have many fire-based weapons, etc.) or at least providing some interesting ideas for their development of sentient weapons, and here I'd say that the keyword is "adaptive", really. Kudos!

ty :3 after the art panel vod was posted and i saw what they showed off the sentient stuff it got my imagination going, iv done a few sentient paintings on my deviant art :D and definitely going to do more sentient based stuff in future, even if they are a fair amount of time off from now