Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pluto?

The_Markness

I have a hunch this is the kind of topic that makes the Devs go 'This S#&$, REALLY?', sorry guys :D

Anyway, why's Pluto there? I know it gives us more space for maps, but it's not a part of the usual planets and there are a dozen dwarf planets like Pluto, I know this game has been in development for a while but having Pluto in seems somewhat outdated.

Great under 5min vid on the matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2gbGXzFbs

So instead why not make that part of the map the Kupier belt? :)

And if you ever need more space for levels if the game expands - how about the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter too?

I bet you could put a ton of interesting stuff there :)

This may be stretching off the topic of this post here-- but are we going to see any more official story come out of warframe any time soon, or is there even a more indepth story written? Being written perhaps? With such amazing artwork, there must be a history almost as detailed somewhere in those brains of yours!

Curious~

I actually agree, though my answer is: expansion/additive. I started with the classic planets because there is a bit of classical mythology underlying Warframe, so I just had to keep Pluto.

I have a better idea. Pluto levels are a lot, so why not name it the Kupier Belt and put several smaller asteroids on it? in this way it will be scientificly correct. Just saying, because this is a science ficiton game it would be bad if the element of science was missing. Right? You could also add the asteroid belt as expansion later on? it could be fun. (and profitable)

• 2 weeks later...

From a astronomical point of view - If we classify pluto as a planet than we have to classify all dwarf planets and a large chunk of asteroids planets. Which means we'd have about 200(ish) planets in the solar system.

As far as the games concerned it doesn't bother me, though if there are any astronomers playing they'll probably be raging at the screen every time they see the solar map.

It's probably because people grew up and learned in school that Pluto was, in fact, a planet before it was announced to be too small to be a proper planet. It just shows us that there is, in fact, something out there for us to see. What would happen without Pluto in WarFrame? Less stages in the game, less fun, more people get bored of it, and people start to give up and quit.

Although Nexus's idea doesn't seem so bad about renaming it and adding a few 'accessories' to Pluto, but that was the name that it was given, so why change it?

From a astronomical point of view - If we classify pluto as a planet than we have to classify all dwarf planets and a large chunk of asteroids planets. Which means we'd have about 200(ish) planets in the solar system.

I am OK with this.

Although Pluto should get to rule over the other dwarf planets and make legislature and policy decisions. I've made a tinfoil crown for Pluto when it's ready to claim its throne.

I am OK with this.

Although Pluto should get to rule over the other dwarf planets and make legislature and policy decisions. I've made a tinfoil crown for Pluto when it's ready to claim its throne.

Don't you have to find mickey's dog to see what his measurements are first?

If the game does get more levels do u think they will use moons of the planets because there is a lot of them. I would enjoy a bit of varience in the maps too because they r all so similar. I also don't mind the pluto thing because it was a planet when all of us were younger and is still a planet in our hearts.

If the game does get more levels do u think they will use moons of the planets because there is a lot of them. I would enjoy a bit of varience in the maps too because they r all so similar. I also don't mind the pluto thing because it was a planet when all of us were younger and is still a planet in our hearts.

It does use the moons; Saturn uses Dione, Rhea, Titan, Jupiter uses Thebe and Callisto, (etc) as levels, which raises the question as to why all levels are on space craft.

The inner planets have between 2 and no moons so they used geological thingos. We can't see any geological sites on pluto (yet). Moons is another point as to why Pluto isn't a planet, it and Charon orbit eachother.

Pluto does not orbit Charon. But then again, Charon doesn't really orbit Pluto either (although the entirety of Pluto's orbit is within Charon's orbit, thus why it is called the "moon") They both orbit a point in space that is closer to Pluto than Charon.

Pluto does not orbit Charon. But then again, Charon doesn't really orbit Pluto either (although the entirety of Pluto's orbit is within Charon's orbit, thus why it is called the "moon") They both orbit a point in space that is closer to Pluto than Charon.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Pluto-Charon_double_planet.png

Technically a binary system although it isn't ofically classified as such (which I suppose is the point of this thread).

I actually agree, though my answer is: expansion/additive. I started with the classic planets because there is a bit of classical mythology underlying Warframe, so I just had to keep Pluto.

Suddenly, I just became really excited for future updates.

It's actually a dwarf planet. Not quite a full-sized planet, but considerably more than an asteroid.

I've always liked how scientists can call something a "dwarf planet" and "not a planet" in the same breath.

Pluto is King of the Planets, *@##$es; get used to it.

Edited by Bang_Doll