The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change Ashs' Ultimate

d1ru

Since it's called blade storm why not have a ton of energy blades fly out in all directions stabbing every enemy all over their bodies (like radial javelin but you can actually see multiple blades stuck on the enemy after the ult finishes) or...... a bunch of radial whirling slashes that cuts all enemies in half. This skill really takes too long. As someone mentioned either buff the damage because of its long cast duration or make an instant radial offensive like all other frames.

Can't agree with this. The only real problems with Blade Storm are the bugs and camera. As for defence missions, you're not meant to use it when enemies are all on top of the pod. You want to know the real benefit of the skill? It's being able to attack from long range. For example, target Blade Storm at distant enemies whilst inside Frost's Snow Globe. Not only are you relatively safe there, but you'll transport to the enemies, wound or outright kill them and return safely into the shield.

EDIT: What's REALLY annoying is the new bug that got introduced which makes Ash get stuck in a spot where he is unable to move, use chat functions or even attack. You're literally a sitting duck that can actually become a hindrance to the team. If anyone sees an Ash like that, please just let them die because you'll be doing them a favour (using a revive ends the bug).

Some guy kept reviving me while I was stuck in a grineer system in mobile defense. I got so mad cause I couldn't type to tell him not to.

I totally agree with you.

At max rank it will hit 13 enemies. By the looks of it each hit is around what 1 sec? That means it'll hit 13 enemies in 13 seconds. That just sucks! With a decent weapon you can do the same, if not more!

As it is, it is only useful for escaping death or when soloing. And lets face it, warframe is not a game for soloing..

Someone hasn't played enough solo missions...

Ash is fine. He is one of my favorite frames because he can solo anything and is pretty solid all round. If you your having issues playing Ash, your doing it wrong.

You may want to read the thread. This isn't a discussion about whether someone can play him, it's about his ultimate.

I love Ash, but I am starting to lose patience with his ultimate constantly being screwed up by one thing or another. I love that they want to do something cool with his ultimate, but I take issue with them not testing before releasing because it screws the player. They could have done something as simple as what I mentioned before and it would have been fine, and I think people would have been happy enough with it.

One other thing to mention. Excalibur's ultimate is exactly the same in damage and amount of targets hit, yet it is instant.

I do hope you mean Pressure Point for those melee weapons...

And even at the lowest rank you can use Bladestorm, it does between 1000-1500 damage to any enemy. The fact that you did it to 15 enemies is not that impressive, save for the fact that you were actually able to connect with 15 in one go, when the Max Count is 13.

Bladestorm is a useful omnifence Ultimate.

Omnifence meaning, Offensive in that it attacks enemies.(Derp) Defensive that it makes you invulnerable and allows you to recharge shields while you watch fancy assassination animations.

Yeah, I was trying to type that up quickly at work and don't have the client installed there (for obvious reasons with me being the software and hardware inventory guy in IT), nor did I have the wikia site favorite.  Just change the rifle mod names for the melee mod names and you'll understand what I was saying.  Btw, I have seen my Blade Storm do over 3500 damage (like several times tonight during Xini and Proteus), so there isn't really a damage done problem.  And yes, you're right about the max count of 13.  Like I said, was at work, tried to type quickly.

But lets say you do a max of 1500 damage to 13 enemies.  That's 19,000 damage in one ultimate.  That's better than most frames can do in a single ult, other than Nova and Vauban I'd reckon.

i will wait until stealth play become better in this game... because in my imagination, ash's bladestorm should kill a whole room stealthy... with style.

And i have, just had to pick the right moment. 

The bladestorm is fine, just fix the bugs and then leave it

The whole thing sounds a bit to much "Oh no! Ash's fourth ability cant be used for endless defense like all other mass aoe abilities in the game!", it is really good at clearing out rooms where you don't have direct line of sight to the enemies.

Blade storm is fine.

The only time it is 'slow' is when Excalibur comes along and Radial Javelins the mobs you marked as 'your' kills, which then makes you look like a fool as you carry on hacking away at dead corpses and air.

I like Ashs' ultimate. I appreciate the work DE has put into it, it looks cool with the new animations, and i think Blade Storm fits really well with the ninja theme.

but the power is

too

Damn

SLOW.

Lets face it: the power isn't very functional at all. Its mainly aesthetic we have for him, and in any Defense related scenario, its almost worthless. not to mention, when trying to defend, activating the power makes you teleport all over the map. not very helpful when the cryopod is being overrun. Stretch just makes it worse.

So unless this power was designed for soloing, or escaping when your about to die by a teleporting in a schizophrenic manner, then i dont see why its even a power. 

i disagree with that his ultimat is the second best to nova's in my opinion your an ash player and your trying to get them to change his skills come on now maybe if they increased the quickness of it it might be better, but i think its fine

And make it an AOE...like pretty much every other ultimate?

Not every power should suit every situation, there needs to be at least some variety imho to make co-op even more worthwhile and I appreciate that in Ash. He's a fast, high health ninja-commando, get in/hit hard/get out, his ultimate reflects this pretty well I think. So while I agree it is not the most effective power as the only ultimate on something like a defense mission it is excellent when used as a frontline attack even on those mission types to thin out the horde (with an AOE frame closer to the defense package).

What about changing it to Shuriken Storm?

He throws a flurry of shurikens in the air and they all seek their own target much like his first skill. Animation maybe 2-3 seconds of him throwing handfuls of shurikens in the air or a fan type animation where he throws them all at once.

Ash throws 5/10/15/20 Shurikens in the air which then automatically seek their own target doing damage based on the level of his first skill - Shuriken (100/100/250/500).

- No maximum range like Shuriken although you do need line of sight to hit the enemy.

- Leveling it up will increase the number of Shurikens thrown by 2/4/6/8 for a maximum of 28 individual targets and if Shuriken is maxed, will double the number of shurikens throw for a new maximum of 56 individual targets.

- If there are less targets than the maximum possible, shurikens will start to target already hit enemies.

- Headshots for double damage, ignores armor, deals triple damage to light infested, impales and can puncture at least 2 enemies. Will not puncture Shield Lancer.

With all this ideas of changing ash ulti, now I am tempted to propse my idea...how about making ash ulti as him doing kage bunshin?

there will be 7 clones in total, increasing the mode will increase the number of clones

his clone will go on rampage killing any nearby target while you do your thing...

the clones will last for the maximum of 10s...