Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Communication In Game-Things You Can Do In Other Games But Not Warframe

ClarkGriswold

Warframe needs these features......

*Send a mail to a player.

*Send a clan wide mail.

*Open a separate chat window and invite individuals to it.

*The ability to resize the chat window.

*Invite clanmates to a mission without the clan name list jumping around.

*Have all the chats separate, the ability to open one at a time from a menu. And the ability to merge and unmerge them.

*Time stamps on the chat lines.

*The ability to change font size.

*Access the frame discussion chat, the weapons chat, the mission chat etc etc

*Have a unique friend list that has their name pop up (briefly) in the lower right hand of the screen when they log on.

*Open and name an invite only chat and save it so its there next time you log on.

Edited by ClarkGriswold

I agree that Warframe chat seems needlessly to have a 'built from scratch' feel to it. In game chat is a pretty mature tech concept.

You can drag the corner of the chat window to change the size, but it's not persistent, as is changing the position of the chat window.

Options allows you to select 'large' chat text... but that's about it for customizations.

I think game invites should be in chat window as well. It be nice if they could leverage Steam chat.

Warframe needs these features......

*The ability to resize the chat window.

*The ability to change font size.

1 Send a mail to a player.

2 Send a clan wide mail.

3 Open a separate chat window and invite individuals to it.

4 The ability to resize the chat window.

5 Invite clanmates to a mission without the clan name list jumping around.

6 Have all the chats separate, the ability to open one at a time from a menu. And the ability to merge and unmerge them.

7 Time stamps on the chat lines.

8 The ability to change font size.

9 Access the frame discussion chat, the weapons chat, the mission chat etc etc

10 Have a unique friend list that has their name pop up (briefly) in the lower right hand of the screen when they log on.

11 Open and name an invite only chat and save it so its there next time you log on.

1. Whispers in game, or private message through the forums

2. Clan MOTD, or Clan chat.

3. Open a squad and invite the people you want to it for a private talk.

4. You already can resize the chat window, though it's not as apparent as you think

5. "/invite" works.

6. This might be an interesting feature.

7. Would be useful.

8. This is implemented, check your options for "Large Chat Text"

9. More chats is not necessarily a good thing, would become too hard for DE to make sure the chats are used for their topics. Check the recruiting chat recently? Yeah not a lot of recruiting happens there.

10. Could be useful, but then again most of my friends in Warframe use Steam, so that alerts me when they get on.

11. This would be tough to implement, considering the chat service is done through IRC.

So uhh.... you want to turn this game into a big chat room/chat service. That's cool, I guess.

1. Whispers in game, or private message through the forums.  A whisper is not a mail.  You cant save a whisper or access it at your leisure.

2. Clan MOTD, or Clan chat.  A chat is not a mail, this game has no mail box.

3. Open a squad and invite the people you want to it for a private talk.  Don't need a squad, far too restrictive.

4. You already can resize the chat window, though it's not as apparent as you think

5. "/invite" works. No, it does not, its awkward and clumsy.

6. This might be an interesting feature.

7. Would be useful.

8. This is implemented, check your options for "Large Chat Text"  Far too limited.

9. More chats is not necessarily a good thing, would become too hard for DE to make sure the chats are used for their topics. Check the recruiting chat recently? Yeah not a lot of recruiting happens there. Poor comparison.  I've seen this work very well in other games.

10. Could be useful, but then again most of my friends in Warframe use Steam, so that alerts me when they get on.

11. This would be tough to implement, considering the chat service is done through IRC.  Wrong, it works quite well in other games . Simple to implement.

So uhh.... you want to turn this game into a big chat room/chat service. That's cool, I guess.

No, I want to bring it on par with other games and make it easier to play.  Its very clumsy as it is.

Edited by ClarkGriswold

I'm still waiting for the list of other games, that aren't MMOs.

Dude, what is even your point? Warframe really needs an overhauled and improved UI and chat interface. It's a co-op game after all.

Edit: games that aren't MMOs: Diablo 1&2, Dark Sector, Star Craft, Age of Empires, Quake, Grid, Need for speed

To OP: good points and I'd really like to see them implemented. But I don't think DE will only give the "we are working on it" answer (which they really are at the moment)

Edited by Wojek

Dude, what is even your point? Warframe really needs an overhauled and improved UI and chat interface. It's a co-op game after all.

To OP: good points and I'd really like to see them implemented. But I don't think DE will only give the "we are working on it" answer (which they really are at the moment)

they had more then enough time to implement important features. 

they had more then enough time to implement important features.

While I do agree that certain aspects of the game should have been improved earlier, DE will have to deliver the overhauled UI until the PS4 release, so we will see the changes soon atleast.

Edit: games that aren't MMOs: Diablo 1&2, Dark Sector, Star Craft, Age of Empires, Quake, Grid, Need for speed

The majority (if not all) of those games do not have the chat functions that the OP wants to see in Warframe.

The majority (if not all) of those games do not have the chat functions that the OP wants to see in Warframe.

Yes, and? I fail to see your point, if any exists. The list doesn't change the fact that Warframe needs an UI and chat interface overhaul.