Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic drop rates nerfed after last patch?

Shockwave-

When relics first came out I started a spread sheet to see what the drop rate might be and to create a baseline for rewards that i could compare to other periods. I recorded the relic drop rates at a few of my favorite relic hunting spots. How many reward cycles and how many relics I received.

I have played Hydron to farm relics as my favorite defense since relics were released. In all that time, I can not recall ever failing to get  a relic in 20 waves. In my baseline of ~200 runs. It never happened once. Usually it was 3, 2 was a bad run, and 4 was a good run. Even After I closed the baseline and just played, I was disappointed when I didn't get 4 relics (meaning that it happened quite often enough to be able to genuinely expect that it could happen) and being extremely disappointed in getting only 2 relics, so i've never felt the need to track again and compare to the baseline I saved.

Since this latest patch, i have played Hydron to 20 waves 3 times. In 12 rewards, I received 1 SINGLE relic. Just 1. two runs with zero relics in a row, and 1 run with only a relic at rotation C.  That's unprecedented. Sure it's a tiny sample, but it is so egregiously skewed from never having seen a no relic run in the past to seeing 2 in a row and then nearly a 3rd, and happening directly after a patch, that I have to ask... did drop rates for relics change in these patches?

Relics Drop Rates in general is BAD for the long-run.

Basically you be doing T1 Void Survival at this point for all the Reclis you might get on T3 ~T4 Levels.

Already seen many issues, and the BEST Solutions is to increase the Relics Drop Rates, since RNG cause many burn and turn-off to Grinding playing.

Been doing Sortie for a long time now (1 seasons break in past) and really getting the Fatigue.

PS 4 Relic ~ 1 Key, 1 Key  ended up giving more than 4 Relics R I P.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:57 PM, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Keep in mind that certain frames and weapons were vaulted before the relic system, so whenever they got unvaulted they had to have new relics for them.  the more relics the more the drop rate is diluted.

no it isn't, that's only for a specific relic. More relics wouldn't reduce the drop rate of getting any relic in that spot.

As for the other discussions, I've continued to play hydron and have yet to receive mroe than 2 relics a run in 3 more runs. Something is off. Fissure Hydron seems fine, as when I did that it felt normal - getting mostly relics as drops, but non fissure hydron continues to return FAR less relics than before the patch. RNG has yet to swing back, which suggests something was tweaked (in stealth) or a bug.

Relic drop rates are actually very very good, so I don't think they need to be increased from where they were at all, maybe even decreased, but I hate a stealth decrease, ti should always be public.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever primes are unvaulted, new relics rotate which causes a dilution you seamlessly get used to.  whenever these relics are taken out  it's a completely new shuffle with the remaining relics in rotation.   This might not be the case of what you've observed but on my end this is what I noticed about relics rewards during vaulting/unvaulting timelines.