Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Nidus Viral Larva Augment

AcheronStysius

I was thinking about Nidus today and thought "If Nidus is the King of The Infested, then why can't he hijack/control them?". So I thought up an augment for his Larva ability that would give it a chance to infect Grineer/Corpus/Infested and cause them to turn on each other kind of like Nyx, but it wouldn't be a 100% chance to keep it relatively balanced. That way, you could still be a Spaghetti Nidus while being a little more useful. Just wanted to put it out there so I won't forget it and other people could possibly expand on it. If you don't like it, maybe we could discuss what the shortcomings will be or what can be done to make it more balanced if you feel it needs it.

This augment (Infectious Larva), from your description, does the following: Note that I may have included or interpreted it differently, making this augment quite a...

-Enemies who stay in the Larva's grasp for the duration of Larva are Infected and would turn into Infested spawn pods, spawning allied Infested after a short moment.
-Enemies who aren't fully infected turn to your side for a time, then die from the Infestation within 'turning off' the Infected person.
-Larva explodes, doing viral damage to nearby enemies, when duration ends.

...mutation.

That would work. If you wanted to completely infect enemies, it would take (with power strength mods) around 3 seconds to do it. That way if you wanted to go Spaghetti Nidus, then you'd only get the "turn to your side for a time" effect and the viral explosion at the end instead of the Infested spawn pods thing. If you went power strength but low efficiency, then you would get the full effect but you wouldn't be able to proc it as often. This is shaping up to be a pretty well balanced augment. I like it. :)

Edited by AcheronStysius