Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly questions

Rixuel

Ok, first, let's stay calm.

What I'm gonna ask might sound silly or stupid (simply because I'm curious of your opinions lol).

So my questions are:

Can we say magic exist in Warframe?

Can we say the Void power is magic?

Look at stealth frames, they become invisible.

Look at Titania, she can shrink and fly.

Look at Excalibro, his exalted blade can shoot.

Trinity can heal.

Nyx can mind control.

Alad V is a salad. (jk about this one)

And other stuff... like that man in the wall trying to prank us.

(I bet tomorrow, I'll wake up and ask myself why the heck did I make this thread.)

7 minutes ago, Rixuel said:

So my questions are:

Can we say magic exist in Warframe?

Can we say the Void power is magic?

First off, not silly.

Second, to our most common definition of reality, yes magic exists in Warframe, and maybe third off, Void Power is magic.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
Addition, in terms of simply telling a story, magic implies an important purpose of carrying the story forward within the unknown.

3 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Second, to our most common definition of reality, yes magic exists in Warframe and Void Power is magic.

The best answer anyone could give. In this game, "Void power" is just what D&D would call "magic". It taps into some kind of unknown source, do weird, physics-defying stunts, and limited to those who knows how to wield it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

By that logic, yes, magic exists in Warframe. HOWEVER, I don't think that calling it magic does it justice. 

In the same way that calling The Force magic isn't very accurate, calling the abilities that Warframes and Tenno derive from the Void magic is an over simplification if you ask me. 

Many of your examples can actually be explained using modern technology, though on a different scale: 

-Invisibility had been experimented with by many organizations, including various armies. It only works on very small scales, but still. 

-Trinity's healing is just very quickly and expertly administered First Aid. Also the Warframes are probably meant to heal at an accelerated rate. 

-Nyx's Mind control is probably some derivative of hypnosis or similar, though fast acting and much more dominating. 

-Personal flight suits exist in the modern day, and powered wing suits are similar in a lot of ways to archwing. But they can't shrink you. Because that would be lethal. 

In summary, yes, magic exists in Warframe, but by a different name.

Mind control easily explain by another Orokin technology. The neural sentry.  Invisibility would just be active camo like you see in alot of Sci fi. shrinking dunno about that one but maybe some type of molecular compression? Dimensional shifting?