Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Novice player seeking companionship and love from tanky frame.

(PSN)LeviathanTM

Question

I am a novice player at best. I play off and on again for weeks but then stop playing for other reasons. Why I say this is because I have a few frames that use and all the other ones just take up space in my inventory.  As we speak I am building the parts for Chroma but while reading the forums I feel like I should have never started because the majority seem to think he's not good.  I have 2 Frost Primes which I enjoy but rarely use and I have a Rhino which is my typical go-to frame. The problem is my Rhino is decent in 15-20 level missions, but any higher then that and I am almost always on the ground being revived. Can anyone recommend a frame that I can use in high level missions?    

14 answers to this question

What @Archistopheles said. You either need to rank up your mods, or get better mods. Rhino and Chroma are both great tanks (Chroma is amazing, but needs a lot of forma/high rank mods). If you don't like Rhino or Chroma, try picking up Inaros. You get him from the "Sands of Inaros" quest, which is from Baro Ki'teer. Next time he comes around though, you'll have progressed quite a bit.

I´ll help you. I´m a beginner myself, but have managed to get quite a headstart now while playing for a couple of weeks.

Rhino tanks if you mod him correctly. I have his Prime version.

Recently built an Ash (which I don´t know if I´m going to use), but either way I´m happy to help if you´re having trouble finding people to play with.

Btw, how is Frost P.? I got snubbed buying the AmazonPrime and only got a dead link, which would not open so I could not get my Frost ...well so much for 3€

26 minutes ago, (PS4)LeviathanTM said:

I am a novice player at best. I play off and on again for weeks but then stop playing for other reasons. Why I say this is because I have a few frames that use and all the other ones just take up space in my inventory.  As we speak I am building the parts for Chroma but while reading the forums I feel like I should have never started because the majority seem to think he's not good.  I have 2 Frost Primes which I enjoy but rarely use and I have a Rhino which is my typical go-to frame. The problem is my Rhino is decent in 15-20 level missions, but any higher then that and I am almost always on the ground being revived. Can anyone recommend a frame that I can use in high level missions?    

Fiert off you should follow your own topic as you probably haven't received notifications for the two answers above mine. 

As for frames to replace Rhino... Well you did a good pick on Chroma, but Inaros is also a possible pick as well as Nidus, though Nidus is a long way ahead for you. 

Then again if your Rhino is having troubles above 15-20, you should give a look at your modding. Give us a screen shot so that we can tell you what you lack in term of survivability mods, and where to get them. Of course you should give a look at your mod list before actually start hunting them as some will be fairly rare. 

Ho and though for now I can't play, I'd be glad to lend a hand if you need it when I'm online. 

Edited by Cyriann

12 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

Fiert off you should follow your own topic as you probably haven't received notifications for the two answers above mine. 

As for frames to replace Rhino... Well you did a good pick on Chroma, but Inaros is also a possible pick as well as Nidus, though Nidus is a long way ahead for you. 

Then again if your Rhino is having troubles above 15-20, you should give a look at your modding. Give us a screen shot so that we can tell you what you lack in term of survivability mods, and where to get them. Of course you should give a look at your mod list before actually start hunting them as some will be fairly rare. 

Notifications, yes. Time to respond, no. 

So... From what I'm seeing, you are using Rhino, one that doesn't needs to have more shields but armor, so redirection and fast Deflection aren't needed. 

Vigor on the other hand is a mod you will be hunting for (as it gives hp so to be combined with vitality), as well as armored agility (running speed and armor). For powers I won't really talk and let others do that part. 

2 hours ago, Cyriann said:

So... From what I'm seeing, you are using Rhino, one that doesn't needs to have more shields but armor, so redirection and fast Deflection aren't needed. 

Vigor on the other hand is a mod you will be hunting for (as it gives hp so to be combined with vitality), as well as armored agility (running speed and armor). For powers I won't really talk and let others do that part. 

thank you :) 

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdnmouse82 said:

Hey LeviathanTm, I play Rhino prime as a main, and can help if you are still having some issues. All the above info is correct, and that should give you a good start. 

My PSN is cdnmouse82, add me if you want, and we can do some runs, figure out what will work for you.

Thank you sir! I have thought about grinding for RP for a while. I appreciate it. 

Iron skin health is based on armor and power strength. Rhino needs no shields, and depending on your skill, no vitality. There's no need to run a rank 0 narrow minded. After armor and power strength are taken care of, it depends on which you prefer, I would suggest range, two of his other abilities will benifit from range and strength. I would add your blind rage, and armored agility, drop narrow minded on your first build. 

A few tanky frames that i can think of. 

Inaros = great tank frame, great life steal

Valkyr = great tank once again, when you are in trouble you can just press 4 to go invincible and you have added lifesteal

Wokong = he also has build in immortality 

Nyx = with the augment for her 4 you are one of the tankies frames, immortal while the ability is active and not limited to melee like valkyr but there is one negative side to this you are really slow