Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Crush Feels Kind Of Backwards

Valafor

Just a small idea. In case you don't know, Mag's Crush ability does not ignore armor. However, from the concept of crush, where you magnetize the enemy, shouldn't armored enemies be taking more damage? I mean, you are magnetizing them, then crushing their bodies not only with their magnetized bones, but also their magnetized body armors smashing into itself like a crumpled aluminum ball. So I feel that shouldn't Crush deal less damage to unarmored/lightly armored units and more to medium/heavy armored units?

There's been a ton of debate on this issue. Consensus has been split on whether it would make Crush more viable or too overpowered (like what happened with Rhino Stomp). What's more frustrating is that DE has yet to address these concerns in any form. Armor Piercing damage would be the solution you're calling for, by the way.

I really view Mag as more of a control/support frame, if not for Vauban the best control frame in the game!

Like I've said before, I'd make it rend 50% armor of the enemies' armor before damage was dealt. It would help her carry damage into late game and anyone who would want to spec into crush damage could just run Corrosive Projection. After some thought I would have that rend effect last until the target is dead, but not stack. This way in super high level defense missions she would be a strong ally to have from a support standpoint, she could even bring potential viability to other frames that don't ignore armor. As a specialty, and cause I think it makes sense, it's damage would bypass shields.

I think that would make it very much worth the 100 energy you spend on it, without making it cross over into other ubers. It should also be able to pick up anything that walks in to the area before the damage is dealt.

Edited by Kobalt