Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframusic : bis repetita doesn't placent

unknow99

Hello tenno, hello DE,

I've been playing for years & have witnessed how music in this game works for a looong time now... Back then, the game would shuffle through different tracks, whatever you were fighting :

there was a calm version ( my favourite one, which I'd love to hear again during my stealth playthrough) and this version. You could hear it when you were fighting Grineer or Corpus.

"Static" music, but you could go from this track to 

& so on... After some years, we all started to grow bored of them a bit, put them on mute & play our own music in the background. 

It's cool to hear these badass taiko drums but when that song comes up over & over & over during missions...

tenor.gif

We started asking for more variety (farming the same enemies in the same missions the same way is repetitive enough).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then dynamic music happened, and it was great! The Grineer theme is excellent, the Corpus sound high tech & futuristic, the violins of the Infested sound frightening & it just fits Eris, and WOAH listen to that "This is what you are" song, did they hire Hans Zimmer or something?!! :shocked:

Hélas, months went by and we're back to the same problem again : Warframe's OST is good, but it's redundant. People who loved to hear the new tracks are more & more turning the music off & bringing theirs to enjoy the usual farming sessions with their best farmers friends.

What you say? You don't understand how boring it might be? Ok, let's take one of the most obvious examples : 

Great dynamic song, really. Nice bass, completely fits with the faction & spaceship's atmosphere! 

"Oh damn, I need to farm for Fieldron samples & Oxium ! (I really need to, that Ferrox won't build itself) Let's massacre waves & waves of ospreys." 

This song will play during a mission in Venus, Jupiter, Europa, Neptune, Pluto. EVERY CORPUS MISSION will play that exact same song...

fYK82mV.jpg

The Corpus (a faction a bit neglected imo) got a single combat track. The Infested? Same deal. The Grineer, DE's favourites, got....Two combat tracks (Kuva Fortress & Everything else).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions & possible solutions :

Warframe is by nature a bit repetitive (but what game with grind & RNG isn't?) but what would help the music feel less like a broken record :

1) Is it possible to add several new tracks per faction? (2+ tracks for the Corpus/Infested/Corrupted)

2) If not, why not add slight variations of the pre-existing themes depending on the planet we're farming on? (Grineer theme sounding more aquatic in Uranus, different instruments that represent the frost of Europa, you get the idea.) 

3) Bring back the old songs like 

reworked to make them suit the new system? 

The sound team is doing an amazing job, that's why we'd like to hear from them, not always the same tracks again & again : if you taste your favourite meal everyday, will it still be your favourite meal after months & months? I seriously doubt that.

Thanks for reading & listening.