Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Eggs

Mausie

I have been trying to figure out why are we only allowed to have 1 Kubrow egg in our inventory and the only rational explanation that I could come up with is that they react like normal eggs and they need to be kept in an incubator for them to not go bad. But egg farming is a tedious job and when there are missions that drop more than 1 egg, it also becomes frustrating.  

What I'm suggesting is using the same decaying system as the one used for Argon Crystals, which basically means players can gather as many kubrow eggs as they want in their inventory, but they will decay just like Argon Crystal after a period of time. In my opinion it would make way more sense to have eggs that go bad in your inventory rather than crystals and it also sounds easy to implement since the feature is already present in-game. 

I know it's all about working hard to earn things but this can be balanced by shortening the time it takes for an egg to go bad, and players will still have to farm for new eggs if they don't use the ones they have by the time they expire. This would also not be an inconvenience for players who don't care about kubrow eggs, as they'll just simply disappear from their inventories. The incubator can display the egg with either the least or the most time left on it, then be replaced by the next egg in line. 

No clue if this was suggested before, but I think it would be a nice feature.

Just now, Mausie said:

I have been trying to figure out why are we only allowed to have 1 Kubrow egg in our inventory and the only rational explanation that I could come up with is that they react like normal eggs and they need to be kept in an incubator for them to not go bad.

Nope.  You can have as many eggs as you want.  I have 16 or so.  You can only collect an egg if you don't already own one.  You can buy as many as you like.  You can always receive one as a reward.  The limitation is so you buy them using plat.

2 minutes ago, Mausie said:

What I'm suggesting is using the same decaying system as the one used for Argon Crystals, which basically means players can gather as many kubrow eggs as they want in their inventory, but they will decay just like Argon Crystal after a period of time.

Not a good idea.  I don't want my kubrow eggs decaying.

One idea that has been thrown around is allowing the player to have as many eggs as he has stasis chambers.  That's not a bad idea either, but the way it is now isn't too bad.  DE basically beat the idea of getting into Kubrows out of me (by only collecting one during a mission if I don't already have one), so I like how it is now.  I just slowly collect them via rewards and not use them.

First of all, op your idea is terrible. Eggs shouldn't decay like argon, they're rare for starters.

Consider the fact that we can have unlimited kavat dna, but only one egg. While the most likely reason for one egg from missions is plat (you can still get more from alerts and market), I think this restriction is uneven with respect to kavats and should just be removed.

While I wouldn't have a problem with my initial suggestion, I actually thought I'd get more criticised if I just suggested to have the gathering restriction removed. I never actually bothered jumping in on kubrow egg alerts since I've only seen 1 or 2 over the span of a few months, or buying kubrow eggs from the market so I always had to work with the restriction of 1 egg and that's what started grinding my gears.

23 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Consider the fact that we can have unlimited kavat dna, but only one egg. While the most likely reason for one egg from missions is plat (you can still get more from alerts and market), I think this restriction is uneven with respect to kavats and should just be removed.

I do agree with you on the last part and I think farming for both kinds of pets should be made more even, from acquisition (since kavat genetic code is a nightmare to get compared to eggs) to how many we can have in our inventory.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/8/2017 at 5:44 AM, Troll_Logic said:

Nope.  You can have as many eggs as you want.  I have 16 or so.  You can only collect an egg if you don't already own one.  You can buy as many as you like.  You can always receive one as a reward.  The limitation is so you buy them using plat.

What about purchasing egg slots like we do with rivens, 1 slot default and idk maybe 20p per extra slot