Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Prime Build! Crit or status or both!

EmraldZ

Question

Nikana prime crit build:

Blind justice

Primed point blank

Blood rush

Body count

True steel

Organ shatter

Berserker

Lifestrike

Spoiled strike

Statud build: 

Primed pressure point

Jagged edge

Buzz kill

Virulent scourge

Volcanic edge

Vicious frost

Weeping wounds

Drifting contact

I thought of a channeling build but i doubt it is of any use on the nikana. I dont know which build is better or if i should combine some builds together. I need a good nikana build (prefably crit) and also is Drifting contact better than body count as on the nikana it has an 8% status chance increase in loss of the 2 second combo time.

5 answers to this question

It really depends on what you're using it for. If you only switch to melee to get a few Life Strike hits in, for example, then I wouldn't put on Body Count/Drifting Contact at all. 

Regardless of what you use it for, I think you're wasting a slot with Jagged Edge. Swap it out for basically anything else—put Body Count on there, nothing says you can't have both BC and DC for +22 seconds on your combo counter. Or put Weeping Wounds on there, get the best of crit and status. Or Fury, or Berzerker, or Maiming Strike, or pretty much anything at all.

49 minutes ago, EmraldZ said:

Nikana prime crit build:

Blind justice

Primed point blank

Blood rush

Body count

True steel

Organ shatter

Berserker

Lifestrike

Spoiled strike

Statud build: 

Primed pressure point

Jagged edge

Buzz kill

Virulent scourge

Volcanic edge

Vicious frost

Weeping wounds

Drifting contact

I thought of a channeling build but i doubt it is of any use on the nikana. I dont know which build is better or if i should combine some builds together. I need a good nikana build (prefably crit) and also is Drifting contact better than body count as on the nikana it has an 8% status chance increase in loss of the 2 second combo time.

On your status build i would drop Jagged Edge and Buzz Kill for Condition Overload and another mod.  It's quite possible to have it do both Crits and status.  With the Blind Justice stance you don't really need speed mods so it frees up a slot for something else.  

4 hours ago, Lluminate said:

I would absolutely go for a hybrid build on Nikana Prime. Here's my recommendation:

85YhfsC.png

If you don't feel the pressing need for more Attack Speed you can swap Berserker out for Life Strike, True Steel, Reach, or another 60% elemental.

I would also not use either of the slash mods (Jagged Edge or Buzz Kill) if you decide to go with a hybrid or status-y build, as you will see fewer elemental procs.

That's very similar to my build for the Nikana Prime.  I only swapped out Berserker for Healing Return as it fits my style better than Life Strike does.  I even has another build that utilizes Dispatch Overdrive for those times that I really want to have some fun in Prowl.  hehe