The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym

khangalanga

She a rather easy boss, you just need a way to protect yourself from the rocket attack. Many people here already gave suggestions of using frost or limbo.
You can also go with titania and just fly over the explosions.

After the first rocket attack quickly go on the circles and shoot the green lit targets before the next rocket attack hits.

I suggest getting a status weapon with ice and corrosive, makes its much easier.

However she can become much harder if your team doesn't know what to do. Yesterday after my teammates kept dying to the rocket attack,  I gave up reviving them and just did it solo because they didn't shoot the green targets even if I did revive them :/
(and yes I did tell them they should shoot the targets)

As a rule I never pub assassination, rescue, interception, survival, spy, sabotage sorties. The worst enemy = tenno :)
I certainly wouldn't pub Kela. And she's very easy to solo with several frames, just look it up on youtube - I'm sure there are countless vids on it.
Also do the regular mission to learn how/when to move around if needed. Also also, ignis makes everything easier.
I feel your pain btw. I'm pretty sure Kela was one of my first sorties as well.

My go-to for Kela is Mesa unless it's a weapon condition - then I'll bring Frost or Trinity/Oberon.

find a Limbo player and laugh at the orbital strikes

bonus points if he has natural talent to make it even easier

bring corrosive weapons or corrosive projection, as well as a frame that can CC the rollers for easy kills(slowva, vauban, frost)

have fun with the free sortie

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Why not then?  You don't have access to your secondary unless it's secondary only, but you still have access to the mods for Peacemaker.

Wasn't this fixed ages ago??

Edit: My sources were wrong apparently. It still works! Thank you

Edited by xLUONG

Just now, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Is it a confirmed bug?  On console it certainly still works.  I don't think there's been any change in the updates you all have received lately that would change it, but I haven't read all the patch notes for PC updates.

I remember seeing people complaining about it before I went into hiatus.
Not sure if its classified as a bug tbh, since it's a part of mesa's kit.
Either way I was told they "fixed" it like excalibur so idk.
But I searched forums/patch notes just now and found no evidence of such so I assume we're still good to go.

The combination of the boss + weird glitchiness + the crap shoot of group experience/inexperience makes this boss like chewing on glass to me.

Plus, I always feel a little dirty afterwards when Ive been shooting my gun at a female and get hit unexpectedly with balls in the back.

Kela isn't that hard to fight, it's a bit rough when your teammates don't know what they are doing. When I did the sorties that day, Kela was so close to being dead but nope, she wanted to bug out of the map instead, which forced us to redo the whole boss fight over again. I love me some Bugframe ;_;F3EF8537B95997735FC4B391E72541866E54B1D7

yeah my first time fighting kela was in sortie and all my squad werent too high level either, took a while but at least we had good communication. I was stealth ash just tryna revive/hema corrosive while everyone else was frantically running around lol. but i can understand if its a team with poor communication and zero idea. second time was pp equinox n limbo. easiest fight ever.

On 8/20/2017 at 1:05 PM, khangalanga said:

I'm new to sorties and never once have I been more frustrated at this game. Even Vay Hek wasn't that bad compared to this turdcrack of a boss. It took me 7 tries all for a GREATER FOCUS LENS.  I was looking forward to sorties so badly, and now I know this is the one sortie that I will never be partaking in again. I had so much more to complain about before I posted this, but right now, I'm at a loss for words and just want to step away from my computer for the next eternity. 

Sorry guys, I'm just buttsore over this whole thing. /rantover

Best way to kill Kela:

Grab an Ignis or any flamethrower or beam weapon with innate punch though.

Use Oberon. Keep spamming Smite at Kela until she leaves or dies. 

Use the Beam Weapon to cheese the orbital Strike wheels. 

(Optional) Bring a Kavat that can strip her armor.

I've done this several times and it doesn't fail very often especially if you have Phoenix Renewal. Just avoid get shot by the orbital strikes and you're good to go. I would suggest doing it solo because other players just make Kela much harder. I've done Sortie Kela enough to guarantee that this build won't fail.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

I can honestly say that Kela assassinate can be done very simply with 2 people very quickly, Some kill frame(Mesa/Excal) and a Defense frame(Limbo is prob best, or something like Frost). One phase taked about 30 sec if that and she is dead. Sometimes warframe is really just about bringing the right tool for the job