Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cooldown on aerial attacks should go and stay go

Epsik-kun

As an avid melee player, I find it excruciatingly frustrating to have frame's melee ability to be completely disabled for a whole second after executing an aerial attack.
I understand this is implemented to prevent players from flying all over the place just by swinging their weapons non-stop (which won't break anything that isn't broken already, by the way). What I don't understand is why isn't this clunky cooldown limited to aerial attacks only.

Warframe is a fast-paced game - a second can make a lot of difference. The terrain in Warframe is very uneven. Using melee on the go sometimes creates a situation when momentum combined with the unevenness of the terrain puts the frame into the airborne state despite being only a few centimeters above the ground. What happens next is the player presses melee button, the frame executes aerial melee, lands into the enemy crowd immediately afterward, and then the frame just stands there completely powerless because the clunky cooldown on the aerial attack is preventing it from continuing fighting in melee for a whole second which is more than enough for the surrounding crowd to straight up murder the frame if attacking in melee was its main way of surviving.

It isn't only limited to that - for example using aerial melee to land a hit on an enemy that stands on elevated terrain is generally a terrible idea unless this hit is enough to finish the enemy off.

There is no good reason for this cooldown not to be limited to aerial attacks only. There's no good reason for this cooldown to persist through landing. There's no good reason for a fixed time after-swing cooldown to exist, to begin with, but the current implementation is just frustrating.

Edited by Epsik-kun

32 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

latest?cb=20130713203618

Who needs aerial attacks when you just spin to win for 10 meters around you? 

But yes, directional melee needs to be fixed in a way so that melee players can actually engage flying enemies. 

Had to be done.....

+1 op. While it feels nice to kill that one lone enemy with an air attack, any other time it feels like you used a cc ability on yourself.

Overall air melee combat can use some improvements along with the movement system.

Lastly it's really lame that we can just use long range melee weapons to kill even flying units while grounded. I do this myself because it's just more efficient than actually doing air attacks.