Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Pads great again (?)

Grieves.

5 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Pads are fundamentally overpowered because the gear wheel allows players to bring a completely unreasonable amount of those consumables to a mission. OPs change would just supercharge the effect and make things even more broken than they already are.

What needs to happen is a severe reduction of slot capacity on the gear wheel to about 5 or 10 per slot. Not... this.

Why does it matter what people bring in if they can afford to build a "unreasonable" number

9 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Pads are fundamentally overpowered because the gear wheel allows players to bring a completely unreasonable amount of those consumables to a mission.

Bringing 200x energy pads to a mission is kinda hilarious. Even if I use them all i'd still have 200 more in my arsenal.

9 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Why does it matter what people bring in if they can afford to build a "unreasonable" number

Because it makes gameplay trivial, more or less what happens when people set up a squad with an EV trin. They sit comfortably, spam powers, move a bit to prevent the afk energy penalty, and joke about how easy the game is.

I can only recall 1 situation where I used an insane number of pads, and it was a kuva sortie def, where the hostage kept walking into the gas chambers. Had to spam health pads to withstand the gas damage (that ignored banish) and constantly revive the lemming. Other than that, once in a month when faced with an absurd number of parasitic eximi, or very specific scenarios like that.

@--Q--Voltage I wasn't directly pointing fingers at you (hek I have no idea how you play nor I have any interest in that), but at the core of the thread's complaint.