Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About The Orokin Void

J.C.Santos

Question

Greetings everyone,

This whole thread may sound quite foolish but really want to clear this out before I actually start farming the Orokin Void.

First, I would like to know what are the benefits of going solo and the benefits of going with a team. This may seem rather obvious if we consider Exp. share, credits, modules, etc., which makes going with a team much more viable. But I heard that going with a team grants you the possibility of recieving extra keys for the whole squad at the end of the run, and that's what I want to know. What other benefits are there? For instance, does going solo allow you to more carefully look for secret rooms and thus making it more profitable? Or is going solo a waste of keys? Sorry if this one may seem quite confusing.

Second, considering that you're whole squad recieves extra keys at the end of each run, do you actually need a presistent group with which run the Orokin Void and thus increasing even more the number of runs? My main concern about this point is that I usally play on "online mode" with random strangers and I do not have a presistent group with which to play (thus I would have to find one). If finding a presistent group is much more viable and seeing I don't have acquaintances in this game, would it be better if I joined a clan?

Again, this may seem like a rather foolish thread but I'm not really used to such a team oriented game xP

Appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Void missions are usually harder, than regular ones, thus havin someone with you is always a plus. Especially in secret rooms, when you can die instantly - for example, falling into a pit full of lasers. If you're alone, you need to shoot laser plates on the one side of the pit, then turn around, shoot plates on the other side, and then you can die and use revive. Because if you won't disable lasers - you will die as fast, as you can press revive.
Yes, having a team is definitely a good thing.
Mods are for everyone, so no big deal, when someone will get a mod before you, exept...

Some mods in Void are timed ones. You can recognize them by red glow. And they will disappear after some time. Thus you don't want to play in Void with a rusher.

Playing with completely random people can be risky (timed mods), but playing alone can be dangerous (multiple traps). Best solution is to play with some trustworthy players. Yes, few friends with which you can play your Void missions without fear about disappearing mods or not being revived.

Void missions are usually harder, than regular ones, thus havin someone with you is always a plus. Especially in secret rooms, when you can die instantly - for example, falling into a pit full of lasers. If you're alone, you need to shoot laser plates on the one side of the pit, then turn around, shoot plates on the other side, and then you can die and use revive. Because if you won't disable lasers - you will die as fast, as you can press revive.

Yes, having a team is definitely a good thing.

Mods are for everyone, so no big deal, when someone will get a mod before you, exept...

Some mods in Void are timed ones. You can recognize them by red glow. And they will disappear after some time. Thus you don't want to play in Void with a rusher.

Playing with completely random people can be risky (timed mods), but playing alone can be dangerous (multiple traps). Best solution is to play with some trustworthy players. Yes, few friends with which you can play your Void missions without fear about disappearing mods or not being revived.

Could you explain to me more about those "timed mods"? I had no idea they existed.

If you and your friend are going there for the mods I'll recommend you to go with fast frames, such as Loki, Ash or Nova(even Saryn is fast).

If you can use Redirection(200-320% is okay), Rush(maxed), Continuity and/or Constitution(if you're Loki or Ash), Flow, etc.
You'll get some awesome mods!
And the timed ones are usually the most rare, like Reach, Heavy Impact, Faction Bane and others.

Search in the forums(and youtube) about the hidden rooms, because there are some that are hard to see and get in!

Personally, I think, that Rhino and Volt are really useful in Void.
Iron Skin can protect you from lasers, Rhino Charge is great for special rooms, where you need to be fast.
Volt's Speed is also great utility.
Bring those two frames, and you can easily make eny of the special rooms.