Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova....kinda Ugly? >.>

KamaNightfire

Just throwing in my +1 for Nova looks. It's just a matter of opinion. I kind of (or in the case of Ember I highly) dislike most of the other girlframe looks, and i do own some of them.

She has different proportions which is good! Variety in general is good. She also has a somewhat simple design, making her a top candidate for the purchasable cosmetic Dangly Bits planned by DE.

Her default colours aren't a good match for her IMHO. I found that utilizing saturated red for her legs and the storm packs VERY deep and dark red for her body made her appear like completely creepy. With those colours her leggings look like they're stripped in to the muscles and adding a deep red to her effects makes enemies explode in gory showers of blood with Molecular Prime >:D

But yeah, Saryns butt is now second best in the game. Sorry Madame.

Nova is the only female frame I like the look of, besides Nyx.

Mag's kinda plain.

Saryn looks like a wet bush.

Ember looks like a chicken. Seriously.

Banshee has a massive something on her shoulder... and dem shoes....

Trinity has a lobster tail. 

Edited by -Synapse-

The features you don't like about Nova are exactly what makes her an appealing 'Frame to me. Her head is featureless and smooth, oddly shaped, almost eerie. Her body is proportioned in an almost childlike way, with overexaggerated curves just a little too thick to look natural. The look of cracked porcelain on the left arm as if something had been eating away at a doll. It's all very Silent Hill, down to the thick, pendulous legs that taper out like that of a Closer. 

Nova might be my favorite Warframe based on looks alone, and while I understand it doesn't appeal to everyone, it certainly has its niche.

Im just happy im not the only one who liked her for her SIlent Hill looks.

Ok, I'll assume my other comment was moderated out for being suggestive.

I'll try putting this another way.  

How you feel about the sexual attractiveness of a player model in warframe is completely about objectification.  They are featureless manequins with no personality to speak of.  

Body type, proportions, neck-shapes (?!?) are ugly because why?  How do you define beauty?  How important is sexual attractiveness to you?  Important enough to start a thread that goes 4 (!!!) pages of people discussing how aroused a particular frame makes them.

So, to what ever moderator decided that my former post was over the top, I don't think soft-selling 4 pages of sexist opinion-smithing is any worse than what I wrote... this whole thread is somewhat insulting... as are all threads dedicated to gender stereotyping.  Being crass was my attempt to highlight the absurdity of doing a "Nova : Hot or Not!" thread...

My Loki has a submarine conning tower for a head and claw-hands... I totally can't imagine dating him, please fix.

From what I remember, the Design Council didn't vote on the model. The design Council made suggestions for the frames concept, then voted on the most popular suggested concepts, abilities, and finally the names, of which all the options to vote on were chosen as options to vote on by Digital Extremes.

Well this explains some things.

Anitmatter was a bad concept to begin with and on top of that Nova seems poorly executed. Her entire premise and mix of abilities is silly and nonsensical relative to nearly all the other frames. It's like they took a list of powers they wanted and tried to shoehorn it into some absurd theme.

She doesn't flow right and seems to be less justifiable and of lower quality than the prior frames.

I'm not talking about looks, animation, or even gameplay...all of this is fine, more or less, but the core premise/theme/niche/reason for existence.

She's the only frame based around a fuel source, and one of the few frames where her abilities are poorly justified by her core premise. Far too much overlap as well.

Well this explains some things.

Anitmatter was a bad concept to begin with and on top of that Nova seems poorly executed. Her entire premise and mix of abilities is silly and nonsensical relative to nearly all the other frames. It's like they took a list of powers they wanted and tried to shoehorn it into some absurd theme.

She doesn't flow right and seems to be less justifiable and of lower quality than the prior frames.

I'm not talking about looks, animation, or even gameplay...all of this is fine, more or less, but the core premise/theme/niche/reason for existence.

She's the only frame based around a fuel source, and one of the few frames where her abilities are poorly justified by her core premise. Far too much overlap as well.

Why is antimatter a bad concept exactly? I've heard this a lot but never been given a good reason.

How is antimatter generating 3 kinds of explosives silly and nonsensical compared to the other crazy S#&$ frames can do? Frost blocking bullets and plasma with snow, Rhino causing stasis from stomping hard, Mag's impossibly selective magnetism and Nyx is freaking psychic. Why is antimatter singled out?

Yes, antimatter can be used as a fuel source, but in this case it's just what she uses to attack. Much like Frost uses cold, Ember uses fire, Nyx uses her brain, Mag uses magnets, and Banshee uses sound. So why is Nova getting singled out?

My personal issue with her is ok yes, she is a bit flat-chested she looks almost like a prepubescent warframe. Add that to a hyper-extended neck and I am sorry she looks pregnant with how her belly extends out slightly.

I feel like my death-frame is a pregnant 14 year old asian girl.

It's more of a baby fat look than a pregnant one. Keep in mind she's supposed to look like a broken porcelain doll.

A concept I was never a huge fan of. I personally find those ancient dolls creepy and expensive for how darned breakable they are.

I see you've found the point :P

I've always known I have that bias against the look. I also find it an overly done cliche of the demure, weak/frail girl being the embodiment of destruction. It's almost a trope and I really hate the word trope.

I can easily chalk it up to personal dislike. I won't stop playing her as she is fun to play.

Despite the concept art being pretty much the same as the model in game there is one discrepancy. And that discrepancy is the length of her neck.

This goes leaps and bounds to make her 'unusual' looking. Honestly, I think the best possible fix for Nova's appearance would be to make her a little less aggressively shiny (like the concept art shows she is), and again, alter her proportions such that they better fit the concept art. Because in the art, she looks amazing.