The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bad performance after upgrade

tfninja

My present system is R5 1600, RX 480, 16gb ram, Creative Soundblaster Z, MSI Tomahawk mobo

I recently upgraded from a 2500k, 8gb ram and z67 mobo. Everything else has remained the same, other than changing to Windows 10 from 7.

No matter what graphics or overclocking settings i choose, i get approximately identical FPS in game. 

I was testing, repeating the razorback mission. Both on max settings and minimum settings, with overclock and without, i get 50-60fps at the boss with 4 people. I know 50 fps doesn't sound so bad, but it is, i am very sensitive to it, and something is definitely wrong.

The RX480 is practically idle. The CPU is practically idle. This is a screen taken as soon as finishing a razorback mission:

http://i.imgur.com/wfyXIz0.jpg

The little wave in the CPU line is where i alt tabbed out. This test was taken on low with uncapped frame rate. 

In everything else i've tested, performance is fine. In 3dMark 11 and the Firestrike one, my score is better than similar PC's. I actually get more average FPS in the Deus Ex benchmark on high, than playing Warframe at low. Prime 95, Cinebench etc are all scoring exactly as expected.

Please help.

I am so completely baffled by this. It looks like i will have to format.. I can actually change from the lowest to the highest ingame settings, during a game, and the FPS stays exactly the same. I don't have vsync on. I have all of the efficiency options in Wattman turned off.. i've clean installed the drivers.. temps are obviously completely fine.......... every other game and app is totally fine...........

Edited by tfninja

Same here and I'm on an NVIDIA card.  I thought it was the event or something, but unless I'm on my ship now, it's so crazy choppy.  Sound is perfectly fine.  I'm on a gigabit connection.  Everything's up to date.  Seems like they messed something up.  Unfortunately, that means that there's nothing we can do atm... Fresh re-install might not hurt though.

AND, you're not missing much.  I did 20 Razorback runs and got ONLY gorgon parts, no mods.  So, I'm taking a break for a bit lol