Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Warframes In Pvp?

DarkFrameBlade

1- im arguing with you.

2- im more angered by your lack of throwing every argument i throw at you in the garbage and not replying to the argument rather arguing back "because we like pvp and it should be excpected"

3- i will recap the argument, in a summarized form. 

me: "out of all the mmos out there, you people pick the one pure co-op/pve game and you concentrate on pvp? why?"

you: "Because Warframe is a unique MMO? Because DE added dueling for anyone to try? Because he likes Player versus Player gameplay?"

me: " i understand the game is unique and all but, It was clearly stated that this is a co-op pve game, so why are people expecting high quality pvp in the open beta phases of a co-op/pve game? 

you:  Because Player versus Player is an enormous part of gaming, always has been, since the very beginning.It's an online shooter, and a pretty damn cool one. Of course people are going to expect and/or want PvP.

me:warframe is a Co-op online shooter  , key word is CO-OP. Which would mean PVE, which indicates that this is a pve game. so, why do people expect "HIGH QUALITY" pvp. 

you: And just so you know, co-op doesn't exactly = no PvP. It doesn't mean PvE, either. Co-op means cooperation. You can cooperate with people in Player versus Player game modes.

me: your definition of "co-op" thats called group vs group, which is also considered a larger version of pvp, which can be named differently depending on the scale.

you: Thanks for supporting my point. Jolly cooperation!

I also didn't know that "opinions or thoughts" couldn't be expressed in rude or hurtful manners. I guess I just learned something new today, thank you!

see where we strayed away from my original argument? 

if i may point out i think he might be referring to the %&^ statement. PS: not part of any ones side just wanted to hear what other people were thinking its one of those days were im bored and decided to get other peoples inputs

I think the main issue comes with the Dueling Room's design. It's essentially a cage match. If players are given more room to maneuver and walls to take cover from, pvp would be more balanced. 

Instead, it's just lol i cc u and kill u with my potato'd 5 times forma'd Ogris. 

i like this message cu-toes to you man

I love how all these butthurt kids complain about PVP threads and that this is a PVE game, and as soon as Dojo has PVP they go into PVP threads and still complain this is a PVE game. Why not just ignore the PVP threads it's already in the game and nothing is going to change that.

I'd say Loki is pretty useless. Decoy does nothing and switch teleport doesn't do much for you.

So did any one else notice that some warframes are completely useless in pvp and others are just plain out broken? I just wanted to here the communities response and get people's 2 cents.

That is because PvP is not a balancing or development concern. Duels are provided as-is, with no mentioned intention of expanding it. PvP has the lowest of priorities, as Warframe is a coop PvE game.

Why is everyone suddenly on their period on this thread?

This person obviously stated they wanted the communities 2 cents, and Nothing more.

Why can't you all say "hey, pvp is cool and all, but its nice to have at least 1 pve game every now and then." Instead of "SCREW EVERYTHING THAT YOU STAND FOR!"

Honestly, calm down. Nobody is gonna turn this into a pvp game. Can't 1 person mention it without falling into a complete sh*t storm?

So did any one else notice that some warframes are completely useless in pvp and others are just plain out broken? I just wanted to here the communities response and get people's 2 cents.

My 2 cents: I SO do not care about frames pvp performance. This game is specifically slated as a pve coop game. There are thousands of other titles out there just for pvp. I hope pvp never causes any kind of "balancing" in this game as I have seen too many other pve games ruined by the addition of pvp. And yes, I do enjoy pvp. I just respect the plain fact that this game was not designed with pvp in mind and attempting to implement it in such a fashion to where all the frames are "competitive" is at least a fool's errand. So yea, when I want to pvp I do this weird thing (may come as a shocker),... I play a different game, ya know, one with pvp.

Because this game's towards PvE, not PvP.

Word.

Attention gamers !!! : Not every game has to have pvp !

My 2 cents: I SO do not care about frames pvp performance. This game is specifically slated as a pve coop game. There are thousands of other titles out there just for pvp. I hope pvp never causes any kind of "balancing" in this game as I have seen too many other pve games ruined by the addition of pvp. And yes, I do enjoy pvp. I just respect the plain fact that this game was not designed with pvp in mind and attempting to implement it in such a fashion to where all the frames are "competitive" is at least a fool's errand. So yea, when I want to pvp I do this weird thing (may come as a shocker),... I play a different game, ya know, one with pvp.

Word.

Attention gamers !!! : Not every game has to have pvp !

1. People who want PvP in Warframe aren't going to go play some other game that doesn't even come close to playing similarly to Warframe.

2. The Mod Card system allows for balancing without even touching PvE. And that is only assuming the only kind of PvP is Arena Killing or Tenno vs Tenno. Which is fairly narrow minded, which isn't surprising at this point.

3. It doesn't matter if "not every game has to have PvP". It doesn't stop people from wanting it, especially if it's the kind of game that Warframe is.