Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding difficulty.

Donaldo_

Question

Hello, i was wondering about something, for example when you start playing the game, no mastery rank or anything upgraded, at this point the levels of mobs will be X, when you progress, go up in mastery rank, obtain better equipment, does X increase on the same missions and how much does it increase if it does and what does it depend on?

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Denis420 said:

Ok, i get that, but does the level ever increase or does it remain the same, no matter how stronger you get?

the level never increase, outside of endless missions, level 3 enemies when I start will still be level 3 enemies after 2000 hours.  Doesn't matter, that mission have level 3 enemies, its stays like that.  I think it goes up to 40ish.  Other then that, endless, enemies to scale up, the longer you are in that mission.

Depends on the planet/enemy level and the number of players in the game

The planets are essentially the difficulty slider in the game, you play the way you want and then you decide how far you want to push yourself, earlier areas have less and easier enemies, easier tasks (spy missions may require 1 out of 3, exterminate levels have less enemies to kill,...), easier hacking and less enemy diversity as some enemies only appear beyond a certain level.

If you play in a group, the enemy count will increase accordingly, being the biggest difference when you go from 2 players to 3 players

Edited by KIREEK

15 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Depends on the planet/enemy level and the number of players in the game

The planets are essentially the difficulty slider in the game, you play the way you want and then you decide how far you want to push yourself, earlier areas have less and easier enemies, easier tasks (spy missions may require 1 out of 3, exterminate levels have less enemies to kill,...), easier hacking and less enemy diversity as some enemies only appear beyond a certain level.

If you play in a group, the enemy count will increase accordingly, being the biggest difference when you go from 2 players to 3 players

Ok, i get that, but does the level ever increase or does it remain the same, no matter how stronger you get?

How strong you are will not affect the enemy level, they will however increase in level in a few scenarios:

- Boss enemy level is adjusted based on a currently hidden value called conclave (has nothing to do with pvp, it's a score that is placed on every mod, warframe and weapon), the more players in a game, the higher the boss level, especially if you have a player that is pretty much maxed out with tons of maxed mods, in this case the enemy level will increase to make sure that player does his share (the majority), i am however unsure if this remained or if they made tweaks to bosses by allowing a max level so things don't go to much into the trolling stage (this refers to maxed players joining a newbie game, but not attacking the high level boss, rendering the boss pretty much unbeatable by the new players)

- evemy level increases on the time you remain in endless mission types mainly, this also increases enemy variety

- event/tactical alert score stat, this is very rare to happen, but some special and unique missions in events or tactical alerts may use a score to determine how strong enemies are, this means that after a certain point even if you join a group of random newbies that are trying to get the 1st few points, if you join the game with lets say 100 points, the game will increase the enemy level, things can reach problematic values, where a single player alone can increase the level of enemies by the duzzens, increasing the difficulty in an instant.